Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10th
Approved Member

Re: Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Post by RC10th »

Blah, can't figure out the youtube thing, must have changed.

https://youtu.be/Z2Os1QiglVQ?si=VQyAgsg0GQpGCl4v
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Works for me..... must be those rural electrons...
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Those guys were funny, and racers, too! They competed in SCCA, but were mostly known for drag racing.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Goofing around on FBMP while on vacation, and end up with a couple of XXX buggies damn cheap. Only packed half my checked bag for such things. :mrgreen:

I know nothing about CR and EA3, so need to research all that.
Attachments
losi xxxs 1.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

This is pretty wild. Was able to tentatively aquire some crazy parts. It's in the hands of the USPS at this point. Yikes. Vintage RC mania knows no bounds! You have to collect things as they reveal themselves. I had no plan for this but the chassis set, etc. came to me, and then the arms appeared. All within a week. I'd been hunting both for over three years, then RC fortune took a dump on my forehead.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231014_221707_eBay.jpg
9E1A6159-888C-4916-9C18-37AD23311810.jpeg
Hope you're doin' something fun.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Would anyone happen to know which rod-end style fits these RC10 B1 type dynotech spring cups?
Attachments
Screenshot_20231018_195819_eBay.jpg

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Made another vacation deal, and might be out of room in the suitcase at this point. May have to leave some clothes here. :D Went to get a Corally SP12G???, but turns out the owner had bought out a double width storage unit filled with RCs, so they had some extra stuff. It was stuffed in the back of their unit now, and they had to bring stuff out box by box, and some of the better stuff had already been sold off. But I grabbed some good stuff! The Corally, a BRP 1/18, couple of motors, couple of ESCs, couple of 1/12 GTP bodies, a small box of AE pan car parts, a NIB 10LS, a NIB CC TRC Pro 10 Elite, and a couple of ADX (autodynamix)) ADX2000 chassis kits?? I wish I had more time to spend there because I am sure I left behind loads of good stuff. If anyone is in the Orlando area and wants their contact info, just let me know.
Attachments
vacation pickup 2.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

This is probably an impossible question to ask, and not worth its own thread, but here goes . . .

I have Sony wireless headphones and for some reason the bluetooth application on my computer won't launch, even when it does, the headphones and app won't autoconnect, I usually have to do this manually, sometimes several times before they will pair and function.

I'm running Linux. My compugeek has essentially the same system and has no problems with her headphones (same as mine) or app.

Today, in an effort to get it going, I put the bluetooth icon on the task bar and when clicked, it flickers the app trying to open, but that's it, it does not open. No amount of clicking the icon makes it function. Compugeek said turning the computer on/off several times, sometimes many times, will make it fire up. Having longer "off" duration between start ups seems to help. Not this morning. All apps were updated a couple days ago to no avail.

Any ideas?

Compugeek just turned off my computer, turned ON the headphones, then restarted the computer. Bluetooth engaged! Obviously, this is not a fix, but may be a viable workaround if it works the next time I need it to.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Buddy of mine sent me this. Can't really argue it.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

morrisey0 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:01 pm Buddy of mine sent me this. Can't really argue it.
Can't either.... seeing as it's blocked for us folks down under :(
No Access.JPG
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:11 pm Can't either.... seeing as it's blocked for us folks down under :(
Click on the vid player where it says to watch on YT. Sadly, like everything from SNL, it's not funny. I even clicked on the lead of this vid where he was doing the opening stand up for another episode of SNL . . . :? :roll: He wasn't funny, in fact, you couldn't hear him all that well over the laugh track. Lest ye think I'm old and out of touch, I was around (and young) when SNL started and I can wholeheartedly say, SNL wasn't funny back then either.

FWIW, if you're out of country, use a VPN and choose the host country of the video, you'll get to watch whatever you want.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Halgar wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:24 pm
Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:11 pm Can't either.... seeing as it's blocked for us folks down under :(
Click on the vid player where it says to watch on YT. Sadly, like everything from SNL, it's not funny. I even clicked on the lead of this vid where he was doing the opening stand up for another episode of SNL . . . :? :roll: He wasn't funny, in fact, you couldn't hear him all that well over the laugh track. Lest ye think I'm old and out of touch, I was around (and young) when SNL started and I can wholeheartedly say, SNL wasn't funny back then either.

FWIW, if you're out of country, use a VPN and choose the host country of the video, you'll get to watch whatever you want.
The "Watch on Youtube" link doesn't work for me either.... I already tried that, and taking the video code and plugging it directly into the 'Tube. Anything more than that, and I'm just not destined to watch.... no biggie.
Osiris is the key.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I noticed your location after I'd typed to watch it at YT, which is why I recommended trying a VPN. I use Surfshark. 8)

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Should somebody tell them?
Attachments
Screenshot_20231213_234910_Samsung Internet.jpg

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Are you saying Kinwald didn't win with this XX in 1993? 😁
Screenshot_20231213-090326.png
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"