Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

juicedcoupe

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by juicedcoupe »

Holiday season drivers!

Do these people not drive during the rest of the year? Or do they just get especially stupid this time of year?
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:00 pm Holiday season drivers!

Do these people not drive during the rest of the year? Or do they just get especially stupid this time of year?
They are always there in the background. But they become more concentrated this time of year. Gotta get those close parking spaces.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

As you know, I completely agree with you, except for the holiday part and the season part. Everything else, though, spot on! :mrgreen: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Halgar wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:31 am

As you know, I completely agree with you, except for the holiday part and the season part. Everything else, though, spot on! :mrgreen: :lol:
If I ever start a TV new station I'm buying a chopper and hiring Halgar to do the traffic reports. Sam Kinison of the skys? ...I just want a news anchor to ask, "So... how's traffic?" :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

I've been getting a lot of the special ones who feel the need to pass, then slow down as soon as they get in front of me. The whole, "hurry up to slow down" tactic. Takes a special kind of stupid.
-Jerry-

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Dangeruss wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:45 am If I ever start a TV new station I'm buying a chopper and hiring Halgar to do the traffic reports. Sam Kinison of the skys? ...I just want a news anchor to ask, "So... how's traffic?" :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:
As long as that chopper has a full compliment of artillery that I have full discretionary control of, I'm IN!!!!

" **indistinct rapid pop noises** Well, Stan, traffic is starting to flow again now that an idiot has been removed from the the speed lane."

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:58 am
Dangeruss wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:45 am If I ever start a TV new station I'm buying a chopper and hiring Halgar to do the traffic reports. Sam Kinison of the skys? ...I just want a news anchor to ask, "So... how's traffic?" :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:
As long as that chopper has a full compliment of artillery that I have full discretionary control of, I'm IN!!!!

" **indistinct rapid pop noises** Well, Stan, traffic is starting to flow again now that an idiot has been removed from the the speed lane."
Traffic report from Spectre gunship, thermal IR set to white hot, weapons free. Thump, whoosh, bang.....duunk-duunk-duunk-duunk....
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

:D
Attachments
tumblr_e57928f22589be2ffc9e8bf870d1dea9_a21493d2_540.jpg

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Tide Pods... not just for doing laundry.
th.jpg
th.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 239 times
th.jpg
th.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 239 times
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Elkcycles
Approved Member

Post by Elkcycles »

Costco.

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

stupid ebay sellers!!! made a deal with a seller was a buy it now obo, he gave me the price i agreed sent the offer, and than he said well i think i might get more. well 7 fing days later i got outbid by $6.28 from the price he gave me in the beginning. go f yourself i told him after the sale. jaskass is rich now making that extra $6!!!

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

usps
for losing my outgoing orders over and over and over. I still cant believe some people trust them with their vote.

fedex
for saying my items will arrive on day (X) and they ALWAYS arrive on day (X+1) instead. Just tell me the truth.

UPS
for building up my confidence and then the one time I really depend on them, they let me down.

I am sick and tired of doing my job 100% and being screwed by every shipper out there.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:53 pm usps
for losing my outgoing orders over and over and over. I still cant believe some people trust them with their vote.

fedex
for saying my items will arrive on day (X) and they ALWAYS arrive on day (X+1) instead. Just tell me the truth.

UPS
for building up my confidence and then the one time I really depend on them, they let me down.

I am sick and tired of doing my job 100% and being screwed by every shipper out there.
At least, Jeff, you can take some solace in the fact that you're single-handedly keeping the Youtube / TikTwat "I bought some undelivered mail" video industry going... and giving hope to any of us, who may buy some assorted crap like that, that we may stumble on a nice Factory Works package, and not countless fidget spinners and baby toys ;)
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:53 pm usps

fedex

UPS

On a similar, but different note, back in the day I used to do vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, and household steam cleaning machine reviews. Part of my process was to read through the Amazon reviews of whatever machine I was working on at the time. On one occasion it was a Bissell carpet cleaner and the reviewer, I kid you not, complained that it didn't work very well as a vacuum cleaner. Let that sink in for a moment. A carpet cleaner didn't function as a vacuum cleaner . . . :? :? :roll: I couldn't help but leave a comment, the jist of which read, "WOW! Just WOW!!! Learn what a carpet cleaner is BEFORE leaving a review!" :roll: :roll: If it isn't obvious to my viewers here, let me give you a little analogy. "This AMC Pacer doesn't work very well as a passenger van . . . " they both have 4 tires, they both have doors, but they are two entirely different vehicles. Well, a vacuum cleaner and a carpet cleaner are two completely different machines.

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

It irritates me that my daughter's first home will cost $550,000 over the life of the loan, vs ~$310,000 just a few years ago. :x So there is roughly $1/4 million that just vaporized. Monthly payments will be nearly double (1530 vs 850). Multiply that by the number of young families just getting started....