Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Halgar »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:14 pm When you leave work early, to go by the bank before it closes. Then you find out that their system is down and nothing will post until Monday.
Funny, for me, that's usually when there's a line out the door with only 3 tellers, and two of 'em go on break when I get there. :lol: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Paper towels when they don't fully tear off and rip up the middle.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Post by MarkyDents »

RC10th wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:57 pm Paper towels when they don't fully tear off and rip up the middle.
I’m with you on that one, and further more the rate in which we go through paper towels in my house….
Every time I see my kids walking towards them….
“YOU ONLY NEED ONE !!” :lol:
No but seriously you only need one.
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

The select-a-size paper towels are excellent. The 1/2 sheet size is usually the right size, or not usually too big by very much.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Just to get out of Paper Towel Town for a minute...

Here at work, our internet provider is changing e-mail addresses, from one provider to another. All good, they have a procedure to follow...
1. Click on company's webmail link, takes you to new mail provider.
2. Select "transfer e-mail".
3. Type in old e-mail address.
4. System sends activation code to old e-mail address.
5. Log in to webmail to get code.
6. Input activation code.
7. Complete transfer process.

Seems simple enough.... however, note that the last three items are unavailable. Why? Have a good look at point 1:
1. Click on company's webmail link, takes you to new mail provider.
So the company's webmail already takes you to the NEW system..... which means you can't get to the OLD system to get the activation code!

Amateurs..... :roll:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Thanks for that.... you guys can now get back to paper towel rants, or Halgar having a go at everybody else on the road :P
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:23 pm Thanks for that.... you guys can now get back to paper towel rants, or Halgar having a go at everybody else on the road :P
All I have to say is, it's going to take more than one paper towel to mop up the mess on the roadways! :mrgreen:

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

Halgar wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:37 pm
juicedcoupe wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:14 pm When you leave work early, to go by the bank before it closes. Then you find out that their system is down and nothing will post until Monday.
Funny, for me, that's usually when there's a line out the door with only 3 tellers, and two of 'em go on break when I get there. :lol: :lol:
Your bank has 3 tellers??? Now that must be a big city bank. There are a total of 3 people working at my bank on a busy day. 1 bank manager, 1 whom does loans and sets up accounts ect, and 1 teller for both the inside and drive through who runs back and forth.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

LowClassCC wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:40 am
Halgar wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:37 pm
Your bank has 3 tellers??? Now that must be a big city bank. There are a total of 3 people working at my bank on a busy day. 1 bank manager, 1 whom does loans and sets up accounts ect, and 1 teller for both the inside and drive through who runs back and forth.
Geez, the town I grew up in only had 1250 residents, and that bank had more staff in it than yours!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

1 - When you come to a 4-way stop, do you:

A: Brown stain your undies and wait for the other three legs to go at least 4 times before venturing forward?
B: Brown stain yourself and let each leg go individually before venturing forward?
C: Recognize that everyone at the intersection is an idiot, so it is best to wait for them to make the first move?
D: Learn how an F'ing 4-way stop works, be the adult in the room, and F'ing move along?

2 - When you come to a 4-way stop and you want to turn RIGHT, do you:

A: Brown stain yourself until the other three legs have made their move, then make your turn?
B: Brown stain yourself, let your cross partner cross the intersection, then make your turn?
C: Start to make your turn, brown stain yourself, back up, let the other three legs make their move, then make your turn?
D: Learn how an F'ing 4-way stop works, be the adult in the room, and F'ing move along?

3 - When you come to a 4-way stop and you want to turn LEFT, do you:

A: Brown stain yourself until the other three legs have made their move, then make your turn?
B: Brown stain yourself, then make your turn regardless of what anyone else is doing?
C: Start to make your turn, brown stain yourself, stop, confuse your cross partner, waive cross partner through, then make your turn?

The correct answers:

1 - LEARN HOW AN F'ING 4-WAY STOP WORKS AND PROCEED ACCORDINGLY!!!!!

Oh, wait! This is 2023, and we have roundabouts now that solve everything! :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: If drivers are too stupid to understand the basics of how a 4-way stop functions, do you really expect them to grasp how a roundabout is supposed to work? If you're in my neck of the woods, it functions just like a 4-way, which nobody seems to understand the mechanics of, so, yeah, roundabouts work great too! :roll: :roll:

And to those who think I'm kidding with my multiple choice options, I seriously couldn't make this stuff up if I tried! :? :roll:

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Here it's whoever shows up at the 4-way stop first gets to go first. If you and another car show up at the same time, it's whoever waves the other on.

There's only one small roundabout near me about 20 minutes away which was always called the rotary due to the approach signs referring to it as such. The signs are long gone now, so I don't know what people call it these days. I've never witnessed anyone not knowing what to do but it only gets light traffic.

Around 10-15 years I started driving as little as humanly possible. It just stopped being an enjoyable experience whatsoever, and has only gotten worse over time. I remember back in the '80s and '90s if you were on the road during normal school and working hours here, the streets were pretty empty. Now it seems like there's a constant flow of traffic everywhere 24/7.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:35 pm 1 - When you come to a 4-way stop, do you:

A: Brown stain your undies and wait for the other three legs to go at least 4 times before venturing forward?
B: Brown stain yourself and let each leg go individually before venturing forward?
C: Recognize that everyone at the intersection is an idiot, so it is best to wait for them to make the first move?

2 - When you come to a 4-way stop and you want to turn RIGHT, do you:

B: Brown stain yourself, let your cross partner cross the intersection, then make your turn?
C: Start to make your turn, brown stain yourself, back up, let the other three legs make their move, then make your turn?

3 - When you come to a 4-way stop and you want to turn LEFT, do you:

B: Brown stain yourself, then make your turn regardless of what anyone else is doing?
C: Start to make your turn, brown stain yourself, stop, confuse your cross partner, waive cross partner through, then make your turn?

The correct answers:

1 - LEARN HOW AN F'ING 4-WAY STOP WORKS AND PROCEED ACCORDINGLY!!!!!

Oh, wait! This is 2023, and we have roundabouts now that solve everything! :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: If drivers are too stupid to understand the basics of how a 4-way stop functions, do you really expect them to grasp how a roundabout is supposed to work? If you're in my neck of the woods, it functions just like a 4-way, which nobody seems to understand the mechanics of, so, yeah, roundabouts work great too! :roll: :roll:

And to those who think I'm kidding with my multiple choice options, I seriously couldn't make this stuff up if I tried! :? :roll:
I brown stained myself reading your rant.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Lowgear wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:38 am I remember back in the '80s and '90s if you were on the road during normal school and working hours here, the streets were pretty empty. Now it seems like there's a constant flow of traffic everywhere 24/7.
I've been driving 25 miles to a neighboring smaller city for work the past two months. Usually, traffic is heavy flowing into the big city where I live, but for some reason, there is almost as much traffic flowing to the smaller city. I'm actually working in the country where it's mostly two lane roads, hard to pass anyone at any time, let alone under heavy traffic. And, of course, a 30 minute drive quickly turns into 45 minutes to an hour because the idiots want go slower than the posted speeds because they're too scared to be on the roadway at the best of times. :roll:

Something I've noticed too is that traffic is worse between 3pm and 5pm than it is after 5pm which is when "rush hour" should be happening. The last two miles home takes as long to travel as the prior 23 miles from the country did.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Halgar wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:10 am
Lowgear wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:38 am I remember back in the '80s and '90s if you were on the road during normal school and working hours here, the streets were pretty empty. Now it seems like there's a constant flow of traffic everywhere 24/7.
I've been driving 25 miles to a neighboring smaller city for work the past two months. Usually, traffic is heavy flowing into the big city where I live, but for some reason, there is almost as much traffic flowing to the smaller city. I'm actually working in the country where it's mostly two lane roads, hard to pass anyone at any time, let alone under heavy traffic. And, of course, a 30 minute drive quickly turns into 45 minutes to an hour because the idiots want go slower than the posted speeds because they're too scared to be on the roadway at the best of times. :roll:

Something I've noticed too is that traffic is worse between 3pm and 5pm than it is after 5pm which is when "rush hour" should be happening. The last two miles home takes as long to travel as the prior 23 miles from the country did.
You're going to love the 15 Minute City idea, then....

I mean, you'll have nothing...... but you'll love it.

:shock:
Osiris is the key.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:27 pm You're going to love the 15 Minute City idea, then....

I mean, you'll have nothing...... but you'll love it.

:shock:
Are you TRYING to get me riled up?!?!?!? :? :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There's been a lot of talk around here over the years of creating developments with centralized shopping so that residents don't need cars, but that's all it's been is talk. The reality is, Americans are attached to their cars and won't willingly give them up. Another problem is that grocery stores rely on a much larger populace than what a single development can provide, and by the time the development gets large enough to satisfy the needs of a store, well, here comes those pesky cars again.

I'm assuming that this is what your "15 minute city" is referring to, or something similar.