Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

juicedcoupe

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by juicedcoupe »

Halgar wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:03 pm I finally have a new one! Hooligan turd kids/teens. A group of three of the little bastids tried to kick in my front door today. Unprovoked, no reason, just dumbarse kids being dumbarse kids. :? :roll:
Halgar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:00 am As I said, dumbarse kids being dumbarse kids. With the prevalence of social media influencers extolling the virtues of asswipery, pranking, and general disobedience for the sake of clicks and likes of fellow dumbarses, it is no surprise that this is what kids are doing for "fun" these days.

You are correct, one day that kick to a door will be their last day on this planet. :roll: Stupidity . . . absolute stupidity. :roll:
You must live in a "gun free" zone.

Trying something like that here (Deep South, Gulf Coast) is highly likely to end in gunshots. I'd give it better than 50% odds.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

juicedcoupe wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:26 am
Halgar wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:03 pm I finally have a new one! Hooligan turd kids/teens. A group of three of the little bastids tried to kick in my front door today. Unprovoked, no reason, just dumbarse kids being dumbarse kids. :? :roll:
Halgar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:00 am As I said, dumbarse kids being dumbarse kids. With the prevalence of social media influencers extolling the virtues of asswipery, pranking, and general disobedience for the sake of clicks and likes of fellow dumbarses, it is no surprise that this is what kids are doing for "fun" these days.

You are correct, one day that kick to a door will be their last day on this planet. :roll: Stupidity . . . absolute stupidity. :roll:
You must live in a "gun free" zone.

Trying something like that here (Deep South, Gulf Coast) is highly likely to end in gunshots. I'd give it better than 50% odds.
Got no guns but I'd open the door and give em a face full of dogs , only Border Collies but really quite territorial :lol:
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Dadio wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:48 pm Got no guns but I'd open the door and give em a face full of dogs , only Border Collies but really quite territorial :lol:
Oddly enough, that'd probably be "considered" worse than shooting them.

Besides, my dogs would probably think that it was a food delivery person.

On top of that, I'd definitely shoot them if they hurt my dog. I like dogs more than most people.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Four simple words, large . . . decaf . . . iced . . . mocha. Apparently not so simple. :roll:

The coffee house I go to is a drive-up and they take your order at the car window on a pad, then you pull up to the window.

Order taker: What can I get started for you?
Me: A large, decaf iced mocha.
OT: What kind of coffee would you like?
Me: Uh, just regular decaf in my iced mocha.
OT: Uh, ok, that'll be $3.99.
Me: For a large mocha?!?! (they are ALWAYS $6)
OT: Yeah. Have a nice day.

I pull up to the window, they always call out your order to you to make sure they're giving it to the right person.

Window: That was an iced Americano?
Me: Uh, no, it was an iced mocha.
Window: Um, let me scroll down . . .
Me: He didn't take the order right, it isn't there.
Window: Oh, ok, what was it you ordered:
Me: A large decaf iced mocha.
Window: Ok, that'll be just a sec. $6 please. Moments later, you want an Americano?
Me: You mean for free and in addition to the mocha I ordered?!?!?
Window: Yeah.
Me: Ok, I suppose. (thinking to self, what the F is an Americano?!?!?!)
Window: Here ya go! *hands me iced black coffee, then my mocha*
Me: Thanks. (perplexed, but happy I got my mocha)
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:25 pm Four simple words, large . . . decaf . . . iced . . . mocha. Apparently not so simple. :roll:

The coffee house I go to is a drive-up and they take your order at the car window on a pad, then you pull up to the window.

Order taker: What can I get started for you?
Me: A large, decaf iced mocha.
OT: What kind of coffee would you like?
Me: Uh, just regular decaf in my iced mocha.
OT: Uh, ok, that'll be $3.99.
Me: For a large mocha?!?! (they are ALWAYS $6)
OT: Yeah. Have a nice day.

I pull up to the window, they always call out your order to you to make sure they're giving it to the right person.

Window: That was an iced Americano?
Me: Uh, no, it was an iced mocha.
Window: Um, let me scroll down . . .
Me: He didn't take the order right, it isn't there.
Window: Oh, ok, what was it you ordered:
Me: A large decaf iced mocha.
Window: Ok, that'll be just a sec. $6 please. Moments later, you want an Americano?
Me: You mean for free and in addition to the mocha I ordered?!?!?
Window: Yeah.
Me: Ok, I suppose. (thinking to self, what the F is an Americano?!?!?!)
Window: Here ya go! *hands me iced black coffee, then my mocha*
Me: Thanks. (perplexed, but happy I got my mocha)
An Americano is shot(s) of espresso with hot water added. A f'ing coffee, essentially. Just "coffee shops" irritate me.

A coffee, give me a coffee!

When I really want to do it right, I scoop a tablespoon of instant coffee (any brand, DGAF) directly into my craw, then head-shake-gargle it down with cold water. I think the kids call it dry-scooping. Old trick from the fireline.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Since we are on the topic of coffee, here is my irritation. At home I scoop my Folgers into my maker and out comes some good, non bitter, drinkable coffee. Why can't I find good drinkable coffee anywhere when I'm on the run. McDonald's, Starbucks, any gas station, every fast food place.... Everyone's coffee is bitter as hell and never ever Folgers which I have to believe is one of the most common coffees in any supermarket. The burnt part doesn't bother me as sometimes mine sits in the pot for hours also but the bitterness drives me nuts. I end up taking my coffee pot and some Folgers with me when I travel.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:00 am Why can't I find good drinkable coffee anywhere when I'm on the run. McDonald's, Starbucks, any gas station, every fast food place.... Everyone's coffee is bitter as hell and never ever Folgers which I have to believe is one of the most common coffees in any supermarket.
This has been my complaint for the last 30 years. It seems that people need their tongues ripped out, thrown on the ground, and stomped on or it isn't considered "good". :roll: A good cup of coffee should be smooth and flavorful without physically abusing the drinker!

True story, I used to be a member of a book club and somehow got put in charge of making the coffee, one of those industrial sized perk pots you see at a buffet kind of things. The coffee was always bitter and nasty, so I took the time to carefully measure and adjust the amount of grounds put in so that it was at least drinkable. The president of the club took over coffee duties after that because it was no longer road tar and he liked road tar. :roll:

I have the same complaint with beer, specifically, craft beer. 99% of brewers and drinkers seem to be hop heads, the more bitter, nasty and hoppy the beer, the better they think it is. Uh, NOPE!!! Nasty beer is an American thing, from what I can tell. I'm a caramel and malt guy, and it is darned hard to find a good beer, let alone a place that will keep one on tap. I can literally tell by the smell of the beer whether or not it's something I can or am willing to drink.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Halgar wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:23 am
GoMachV wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:00 am Why can't I find good drinkable coffee anywhere when I'm on the run. McDonald's, Starbucks, any gas station, every fast food place.... Everyone's coffee is bitter as hell and never ever Folgers which I have to believe is one of the most common coffees in any supermarket.
This has been my complaint for the last 30 years. It seems that people need their tongues ripped out, thrown on the ground, and stomped on or it isn't considered "good". :roll: A good cup of coffee should be smooth and flavorful without physically abusing the drinker!

True story, I used to be a member of a book club and somehow got put in charge of making the coffee, one of those industrial sized perk pots you see at a buffet kind of things. The coffee was always bitter and nasty, so I took the time to carefully measure and adjust the amount of grounds put in so that it was at least drinkable. The president of the club took over coffee duties after that because it was no longer road tar and he liked road tar. :roll:

I have the same complaint with beer, specifically, craft beer. 99% of brewers and drinkers seem to be hop heads, the more bitter, nasty and hoppy the beer, the better they think it is. Uh, NOPE!!! Nasty beer is an American thing, from what I can tell. I'm a caramel and malt guy, and it is darned hard to find a good beer, let alone a place that will keep one on tap. I can literally tell by the smell of the beer whether or not it's something I can or am willing to drink.
I'm with you on the coffee , never heard of Folgers here in the UK but I love instant coffee , it seems the more you spend and the more complicated it is to make the worse it tastes to me , give me a mug of Nescafe , not ever Nescafe gold blend , just the basic instant coffee and keep it coming , I end up needing a drink of water after the more refined stuff because its so bitter I need something to quench my thirst !
I don't like Champaign either , no matter how good a bottle it is all I can taste is cork .
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Folgers is the best part of waking up! :lol:

It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Same, but Hills Brothers is far more preferable than Folgers for me.

Regarding Starbucks- I've never known a single Starbucks customer who has ever just got a plain ol' coffee from there. If they did, they'd spit that crap out and order whatever sugar loaded flavored stuff they usually get, because the coffee tastes like hot road tar on a bad day. I've made that mistake not once, but twice, to make sure it was consistent, and sure as sh!t it was.
-Jerry-

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I can't stand Starbucks, truly terrible coffee, regardless of being plain or adulterated with whatever they've got behind the counter. Not a fan of Peet's either. Dutch Brothers, on the other hand, makes great coffee!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I rarely drink coffee but have always preferred Maxwell House over Folgers. If we're talking mass-produced coffee you make at home, then I'm an Eight O'Clock guy.

I had Starbucks one time, and didn't like it or the laxative effect it had on me. :shock: Never had that happen before with coffee.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

When you leave work early, to go by the bank before it closes. Then you find out that their system is down and nothing will post until Monday.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:14 pm When you leave work early, to go by the bank before it closes. Then you find out that their system is down and nothing will post until Monday.
" Computer says no "

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Hope you're doin' something fun.