What is the rarest R/C part you have

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Frankentruck

Re: What is the rarest R/C part you have

Post by Frankentruck »

Dadio wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:24 am A set of pristine yz-834b gears or a running Ishipla Monster , neither are really rocking horse manure though .
The Monster is so cool, in a perverse patchwork sort of way.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

I'd say the white Houge Arm (only the one :? ), the set of Slam Dunkin cantilever suspension rocker arms, the Hobby World Frog ball diff, and the Cook Racing magnesium Delta Eagle diff housing, & magnesium RC500 motor plate are all equally the rarest parts I own.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Yeah I guess rare and valuable are kind of different. You can argue any of the parts I make are rare, because I make things in low qty. But probably not very valuable.

I do have a ayk race prep pro radiant. I have the spur adapter which is pretty rare.

I have a set of rogue element rc10 wheels.

I have a couple sets of Jake's aluminum wheels also. Along with a couple of carbon fiber nose plates.

I have a lot of parts that would be considered uncommon.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Prototype set, before yellow was chosen. Can't be more than a few of these around
Attachments
20231012_122601.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

jwscab wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:00 am Yeah I guess rare and valuable are kind of different. You can argue any of the parts I make are rare, because I make things in low qty. But probably not very valuable.
That reminds me...remember these?

https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=30216&start=84

I really wanted to mount these JPS wheels on this RWD-converted Optima Mid, but wanted to use some CVDs that had straight axles with cross-pins...you machined these wheel hubs, originally with tapered-fit axle holes, to add cross-pin slots. So these wheels and this car are one-offs, thanks to you. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I have many rare vintage parts but here's a couple I'd like to mention.

ESP Lunchzilla. Someone commissioned ESP to design them a Clodzilla type conversion kit for the Lunch Box. It's the only one ever made. I bought it from a guy in England back in 2006 I believe. I then got ESP to create a certificate of authenticity for it. Unfortunately though, the person drove and abused the crap out of it, and it was in really rough shape. My 'fix' back then was to completely mirror polish every part in an attempt to hide the damage. In hindsight I wish I hadn't. :? I was much younger (obviously) and my thought process at the time was anything aluminum had to be polished. :roll: It's sat in pieces in a box somewhere ever since.

Early stretched Sassy Chassis for the Clod when they were being made by ESP. They were only made by them for a short time, and differentiate from all later versions by having fewer of the large openings in the bottom.

Optional wing kit for the Latrax LTX-40 Corvette. I've only seen two before, and I bought both.

The buck/mold that produced all the bodies for Bolink's C-Dan car from the Hot-Rodz! line. I also have the corresponding car they used for trade shows and whatnot with Steve and Bob Rule's signatures on it.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Lunchzilla sounds awesome!
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

It really is. It's also yet another project I need to revisit in a very long line of uncompleted projects. :|

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I certainly remember that project. It was fun if not stressful putting those rare wheelsn under the knife. Glad they worked out .
Coelacanth wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:39 pm
jwscab wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:00 am Yeah I guess rare and valuable are kind of different. You can argue any of the parts I make are rare, because I make things in low qty. But probably not very valuable.
That reminds me...remember these?

https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=30216&start=84

I really wanted to mount these JPS wheels on this RWD-converted Optima Mid, but wanted to use some CVDs that had straight axles with cross-pins...you machined these wheel hubs, originally with tapered-fit axle holes, to add cross-pin slots. So these wheels and this car are one-offs, thanks to you. 8)

1300GT

Post by 1300GT »

MIP B100 ball diff for Tamiya SRBs. I've only ever seen one other.
B100.jpg
Chris.

Toys.............they are!

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Frankentruck wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:21 pm My Novak RC Analyzer is the rarest item I have. It came from a hobby shop in Portage, Michigan and the manual is a copy of the manual from another near by hobby shop in Michigan, so I know there's at least one more of them out there.
Saw your thread on that. Very cool item. And the best part is, unlike rare parts that hang on a wall... you can play with yours! 🕹️
I would also say there's a difference between rare and one of a kind. The parts you make, the RC10 prototype chassis, etc. those are one of a kind and in a completely different category as they lack comparable parts with which to judge rarity.... they transcend rarity. :wink:

RPMfieldtester
Approved Member

Post by RPMfieldtester »

These won't look rare but they are...1 of 2 sets of test arms for a RC10T. They were made with a special blend of RPM and fiber filled nylons to see if they could hold up and still be covered under the RPM warranty. They did but never went into production...I have one NOS set and one set on my Ultramold race truck...And I have the race truck that was hand machined by Richard Royal, it is one of one...

Braydun

Post by Braydun »

Not sure on the rarity especially being in the condition it’s in but haven’t seen many go up for sale: RPM ultra chassis

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

Braydun wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:36 am Not sure on the rarity especially being in the condition it’s in but haven’t seen many go up for sale: RPM ultra chassis

That ultra molded 8090 chassis is pretty uncommon. Oddly enough the delrin clips for the battery door are the rarest part.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

RPMfieldtester wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:46 pm These won't look rare but they are...1 of 2 sets of test arms for a RC10T. They were made with a special blend of RPM and fiber filled nylons to see if they could hold up and still be covered under the RPM warranty. They did but never went into production...I have one NOS set and one set on my Ultramold race truck...And I have the race truck that was hand machined by Richard Royal, it is one of one...

Are those stiffer than the regular RPM arms?