Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Coelacanth »

Yes, the "like" is basically what happens when one's brain can't keep up with their vocabulary. :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

It really bothers me when a seller poorly packages something.
PXL_20231005_185749699.jpg
PXL_20231005_191023978.jpg
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

That's just atrocious. :shock: If you don't have the proper packaging materials to sell something, than don't put it up for sale. Unfortunately for me I live in a rational world I guess. Things like that go to show how people care more about taking your money than whatever it is they're selling you. Over the past few years I've received an overabundance of items shipped in bubble mailers that should be nowhere near them. Least amount of effort put into anything is the name of the game these days. :?

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:55 pm It really bothers me when a seller poorly packages something.
Lowgear wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:30 am That's just atrocious. :shock: If you don't have the proper packaging materials to sell something, than don't put it up for sale.
Bad shipper... but awfully good to see it looks like the remote arrived unscathed.

Once received some spare parts, two shoe boxes in one large shipping box... lots of brown paper "protection", but no lids on the shoe boxes... was like a confetti bomb of parts when I opened the box.

Or the guy that shipped me a truck... using the kit box as the shipping box.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Dangeruss wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:35 am Or the guy that shipped me a truck... using the kit box as the shipping box.
I bought a NIB Novak ESC once that the seller did the same. Slapped a mailing label on the Novak box and put it in the mail. I even got overcharged for shipping! 🤣 Now whenever I buy something with an OEM box, I get confirmation that everything is going into a shipping box. That shouldn't have to be asked though.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Post by BattleTrak »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:55 pm It really bothers me when a seller poorly packages something.
PXL_20231005_185749699.jpg
PXL_20231005_191023978.jpg
That reminds me of a guitar I ordered that arrived with the neck sticking out of the side of the box..

Besides that, some of the worst packaging I’ve received has been from people in the UK for some reason.. Whether it’s a magazine, R/C parts or a rare Doctor Who collectible..they just throw some brown paper on it and out it goes..so of course, when it arrives here in the US it’s all crushed, bent, folded and jacked up.

The Japanese on the other hand are amazing! Items will be meticulously packaged with a thank you note, a piece of origami and a tea bag.
-Brad

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

wrote: The Japanese on the other hand are amazing! Items will be meticulously packaged with a thank you note, a piece of origami and a tea bag.
Shenzhen yellow tape man always does a great job too!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I like a nice box as much as any guy, but I'll take a pass on the tea bag...
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Frankentruck wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:14 am Now whenever I buy something with an OEM box, I get confirmation that everything is going into a shipping box. That shouldn't have to be asked though.
That's where I am now... shame... some people :roll:
GoMachV wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:49 pm Shenzhen yellow tape man always does a great job too!
I agree... Japanese packaging is the Shenzhen :mrgreen: :lol:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Coelacanth wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:23 pm I like a nice box as much as any guy, but I'll take a pass on the tea bag...
295co8.jpg
295co8.jpg (9.99 KiB) Viewed 257 times
295co8.jpg
295co8.jpg (9.99 KiB) Viewed 257 times
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

When someone on eBay has a listing lets for $200 OBO and u make a couple offers and get declined than ask whats your best offer and than they reply.........................$200 WTF!!! why have OBO on your ad you fing idiot!!!

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Haha I had one the guy was asking 32 and I offered 25, he replied back with a story about how it was his father's and detailed off memories of how important it seemingly was. So yeah, he didn't accept 25. Apparently it was too sentimental for a $7 discount :lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

GoMachV wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:42 pm Haha I had one the guy was asking 32 and I offered 25, he replied back with a story about how it was his father's and detailed off memories of how important it seemingly was...
Ever notice ebay sob sellers are all "woe for poor them" but mention how you're affected and all the sudden "that's not their problem"...? :roll:
hugger19 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:13 pm ...why have OBO on your ad you fing idiot!!!
I've submitted best offers and received counteroffers at two and three times the asking price.

Only in ebays rc category have I seen people translate OBO to "asking price or more"... :roll:

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Crappy behaviour from police :evil: , the other day I was driving home and picked up a police car behind me , oh well I'm thinking ,that means keeping to the speed limit , anyway I noticed one of the more rural roads had had it's speed limit reduced that day from 60mph down to 40mph , pretty good catch I thought and congratulated myself but then the police car starts tailgating me :!: right up my a$$ , now I don't know if he hadn't noticed the change in speed limit and was trying to make me go faster , that's really crappy driving I'd only expect from BMW drivers , or weather he was trying to make me go faster so he could pull me for speeding , either way really crappy behaviour, I felt like flagging him down and giving him a piece of my mind , " hey sonny does your dad know your driving his car ?" . Seriously though police drivers are meant to be better than that .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Dadio wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:49 am Crappy behaviour from police :evil: , the other day I was driving home and picked up a police car behind me , oh well I'm thinking ,that means keeping to the speed limit , anyway I noticed one of the more rural roads had had it's speed limit reduced that day from 60mph down to 40mph , pretty good catch I thought and congratulated myself but then the police car starts tailgating me :!: right up my a$$ , now I don't know if he hadn't noticed the change in speed limit and was trying to make me go faster , that's really crappy driving I'd only expect from BMW drivers , or whether he was trying to make me go faster so he could pull me for speeding , either way really crappy behaviour, I felt like flagging him down and giving him a piece of my mind , " hey sonny does your dad know your driving his car ?" . Seriously though police drivers are meant to be better than that .
Yeah, I have fallen prey to those types of police hijinks as well. Realllllly irritating for sure.
Hope you're doin' something fun.