Dynamite Startup Tool Set

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Helel

Dynamite Startup Tool Set

Post by Helel »

Hi all, need good advice.
Anyone have the Dynamite Startup Tool Set for Traxxas vehicles DYN2833 https://mechanicfaq.com/rc-tool-kits/? It supposed to be specifically geared for Traxxas vehicles. Thought about getting it for my brother but can't tell if it has ball hexes or not. I don't want ball hexes!
Thanks.

GoMachV

Re: Dynamite Startup Tool Set

Post by GoMachV »

Based on the pics on their website they are just a plain straight Allen

I was going to caution you on buying a poor quality set like that, but for $20 it’s hard to complain. The drivers I use cost me $14.50 a pop. Just have him be careful, as he will tend to strip screw heads with those
Attachments
2D8A3B87-1EF8-4A8D-A5EF-23497ABB92FF.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Mmimak

Post by Mmimak »

The dynamite machined tools are great. Been using them for a while and they are not ball hexes. You can get them in a set of metric hexes or a set of metric nut drivers.

acrazyjohnny

Post by acrazyjohnny »

I recently bought this for my old stuff .after using it on some of my old stuff. Team Associated. I've realized that all associated stuff was Built-in standard/sae sizing not metric/mm is these come. Realizing this I wouldn't buy it again unless sae was available. I bet all the newer stuff is mm. But not because it sucks is a tool but because it doesn't work for the old stuff thats what I have.

As it to it's actually pretty well built. The long shanks allow you to adjust how long you make the screw driver. To be honest I use just that quite a few times for those hard to reach places or were a handle won't fit. You can lock it both tightening and loosening its slips the other way Or you can just lock it in it's locked both ways like a normal screwdriver. The tips or shaft Will always come out when pulled on. They will not just slide out by themselves. They will not go in when pushed on usually needed To loosen those stubborn bolt in order not to strip them

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

I have a dynamite set just like that but sae. I have had it for about five years now and it works well along with my associated tools.

blk05wrx
Approved Member

Post by blk05wrx »

This is a great set for the price, however, if you work on a really tight bolt the handle will start to slip and break. A replacement handle is available to buy, but it’s $10.

If only they could improve the handle this would be a terrific set.

Also, I really only use this on my boy’s Traxxas models and my newer SC5M, which is metric. Only the .5 works on my 10T.

MichaelPerez

Post by MichaelPerez »

I recommend you to check the Product Description.