Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Dangeruss »

Halgar wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:50 am And, yes, I'll take that hug! :lol:

Just think of all the reply's a thread entitled, "Today, a stupid person...." would get :lol:

Come to think of it...

https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

Cancelled Flights, with no compensation.

I got stuck in Toronto Thursday night after my connecting flight home was cancelled, rescheduled to the day after, I then attempted to reschedule to a different destination airport so I'd at least be home the same day, and then that also got cancelled just a couple minutes before boarding and then rescheduled yet again for the next day. They ruled it as "Weather related" so offered no compensation to us, meaning we had to eat the cost of a hotel for the night without even a discount. Then because the new flight landed mid day on Friday I no longer had a ride out of the airport so I had to order a LYFT.

Mind you this all happened directly after a 13hour flight, where the entertainment system had completely failed for my seat so I was already pretty annoyed. Extra day added to my travel, hours lost on top of around $400 in expenses that's I'll never get back. I don't understand how you can cancel a flight and reschedule a day later and not even offer discounted accommodations, I would have taken a capsule hotel at this point, just anywhere I could sleep...
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

When a restaurant is half-empty but they pack everyone into one area.

On one side, there is a margarita infused loud mouth. On the other side is a table full of over-enthuastic "young adults".
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

juicedcoupe wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:26 pm When a restaurant is half-empty but they pack everyone into one area.
Last time I took the wife out, there was literally one other couple in the restaurant. So they seated us right next to them. :lol: I guess if we all spill drinks it is easier to mop?

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 pm Just tried to turn on the AC and it faulted because of low batteries in the F'ing thermostat! :roll: Because, you know, apparently, two AA batteries are capable of running an AC system. :roll: What pisses me off even more is that we don't use batteries that much, so we don't have any on hand, so here I sweat, broken hearted . . .
On occasion, I will warn/remind my wife that "they" will come for us all at some point. Cashless society......wired homes where your beer isn't as cold as you like it because "they" control your fridge temp. Or you wake up sweaty because "they" have determined that your A/C is just awesome at 80F. Might as well start training for mud huts and cricket burgers.

YOU'LL OWN NOTHING AND LIKE IT!

OR

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!

I'll leave it there. Don't wish to get flagged by the MAN.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

so here I sweat, broken hearted . . .

Back in the early 70's in the Sears store you had to pay a Dime to use the bathroom stall. We used a similar saying " here I sit broken hearted paid a dime and only farted ".

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

rctenracer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:37 pm so here I sweat, broken hearted . . .

Back in the early 70's in the Sears store you had to pay a Dime to use the bathroom stall. We used a similar same saying " here I sit broken hearted paid a dime and only farted ".
Did you write that on the stall wall at the White Castles in Louisville by any chance? :lol: I recall reading it back in the mid-70s.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

In my day it was "here I sit broken hearted, tried to sh . . . er, um, poop, but only farted.

And, yes, this saying did cross my mind AFTER the post was made.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Annoyingly, CRC has revised their e-clips package from (100) for $8.49 to (10) for $3.99 but kept the same part number without telling ant of the sellers like Amain. The e-clips never seem to come in that gold color, so that really wasn't a change. That false advertising has been happening for a while.
Screenshot_20230913-065411.png
PXL_20230909_212025029.jpg
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Frankentruck wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:38 am Annoyingly, CRC has revised their e-clips package from (100) for $8.49 to (10) for $3.99 but kept the same part number without telling ant of the sellers like Amain. The e-clips never seem to come in that gold color, so that really wasn't a change. That false advertising has been happening for a while.
I had a similar problem with CRC ball cups. They kept the same part number but the design and number changed.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Frankentruck wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:38 am Annoyingly, CRC has revised their e-clips package from (100) for $8.49 to (10) for $3.99 but kept the same part number without telling ant of the sellers like Amain. The e-clips never seem to come in that gold color, so that really wasn't a change. That false advertising has been happening for a while.
Shrinkflation......very common "these days". Unfortunately.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Am I the a$$hole here?

Before I unload a bit on a FBMP seller, I thought I would "release" here, and let it be.

So, a seller of a RC vehicle and I agree to make a transaction where I give them money, and they give me a vehicle. They aren't a retailer or anything, just a guy. But a guy that supposedly doesn't use modern online money things, so for me to do anything with him, I have to go old school. He didn't want to ship at all, but I mention the idea of a money order to him. I checked out what else he was selling, and none of it looked like some super scammer. I agree to send him a MO, and when he gets the money order, he will ship the vehicle. This is just a two person deal, so it should be item-for-item, my money for their product.

So, we make the initial agreement Tuesday of last week, and it then takes him until the weekend to box it up, and he will then let me know, and then I can send him a MO. Well, it takes him until Saturday evening to get all that worked out, and then requests that I send a USPS money order. I respond that I will pick up a MO on Sunday, and get it in the mail ASAP. He responds that it must be a USPS MO. Since the next day is a Sunday, I respond that this isn't really convenient, but will do it.

On Monday, at 1030am, I purchase a USPS MO, and have it placed in a flat rate Priority Mail envelope at the USPS, and have it on its way to him. I send him a pic of the receipt, and it should be there Wednesday.

He then tells me that he will be away Thurs-Sun, so if the MO gets there on Wednesday, he will ship it. If not, I have to wait.

Of course, the USPS does what it does, and the MO gets delayed and won't make it there until Thursday. So, I contact him on Wednesday afternoon, and ask if he will ship it on faith. I then follow that up with a picture of the USPS MO completely filled out to him, and the envelope it was placed in filled out with his address. I even send him my ebay profile with 100% rating.

This is his response: : "I understand your excitement and I to have sold a bunch until they wanted my ssi number for tax reasons but I never shipped or had anyone ship to me before receiving payment"

So, at this point, I have, in good faith, sent a stranger a USPS MO, and I, as the buyer, have zero protection. He can take my MO and cash it and take it to the horse track. I have no recourse! Nothing! But, I then send him a picture of the MO made out to him alone, a picture of the envelope it was placed in, and a picture of the receipt with a tracking number that shows an envelope is coming to him .................. and he won't ship it in good faith??????

With what I have provided, there is ZERO scenario that I could have run here that benefits me and hurts him. I even responded that is a lot of effort for me to fake sending you money! Since our agreement was initially that he wouldn't ship until he got payment (this was prior to the whole I am going away thing), then it would make no sense for me to send an empty envelope (assuming that I returned the MO made out to him, if that is even possible????), one that I have proven to have spent $10 to ship. He would then get an empty envelope and not ship, and I would be out $10 and he would be fine. With the evidence I gave this a$$, the biggest conspiracy theorist on earth (flat earth???) could rest well at night knowing that a legit MO was on his way to him ...................... and he wouldn't ship the item!?!??!?! Come on man!!
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Since you've already sent the money, I think you are at his mercy and need to do your best not to upset him. It will take a lot of restraint, but you need to keep your cool the best you can.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I mean, it would be cool of him to be understanding and show some trust but he also hasn't done anything but what he said he would do. It's hard to fault someone for 100% doing what they said they would. There are so many scams out there these days I'm kinda surprised he was willing to take a money order without saying he needed to be able to cash it before he would ship.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Unless it was something rare, that I really wanted, and a good deal, I'd probably have passed it up.

In this day, there isn't any reason to go through all of that.