Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by MarkyDents »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:55 pm Old bodies that lack over spray film
Oh yea that brings me back, used to do big ole’ Bolink pan car bodys two at a time ! Blow through a roll of 2” like it was free99 :lol: 8)
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Last year, I bought a lot of bodies and wings from Schumacher in one large order. After I painted stripes across one of the wings, all of the color came off with the painters tape. :lol: The wing had the film on the underside. :lol:

I never even thought to check for that. Afterwards, I inspected everything and found another one.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

1911Colt wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:00 pm
Last year, I bought a lot of bodies and wings from Schumacher in one large order. After I painted stripes across one of the wings, all of the color came off with the painters tape. :lol: The wing had the film on the underside. :lol:

I never even thought to check for that. Afterwards, I inspected everything and found another one.
I did that with a wing a few days ago, on a Mini touring car body.... annoying, as I got a really nice job down!
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

PayPals new backup funding policy

Now if you want to send me money and don't have it in your PayPal account you get to pay for an instant bank transfer or wait 2-3 days for the money to come over from your bank account. What a huge step backwards and a pita all around. I have turned off PayPal payments and closed my PayPal debit cards, as well as disconnecting all of my monthly bills that used to funnel through my PayPal first. PayPal is pretty much useless at this point. Get a declined card at the store for being $2 short. Naw I don't think so.

And yes, I called to verify it's not just pertaining to the PayPal debit card like the email would have you think. It's all of PayPal.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:18 am PayPals new backup funding policy

Now if you want to send me money and don't have it in your PayPal account you get to pay for an instant bank transfer or wait 2-3 days for the money to come over from your bank account. What a huge step backwards and a pita all around. I have turned off PayPal payments and closed my PayPal debit cards, as well as disconnecting all of my monthly bills that used to funnel through my PayPal first. PayPal is pretty much useless at this point. Get a declined card at the store for being $2 short. Naw I don't think so.

And yes, I called to verify it's not just pertaining to the PayPal debit card like the email would have you think. It's all of PayPal.
Is this something that's about to change? I just checked all my recent PayPal transactions and they seem normal, including a recurring payment. And I never keep a balance in my account, just linked to a separate checking account (that I mostly use for online shopping).
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

It goes into effect in a couple weeks. I spent the last couple days removing my PayPal cards from all my payment options so I don't accidentally use them. It's gonna hurt PayPal I'm sure. I can't see how people will embrace having to load their balance before spending the money.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Maybe I'm waaaay off, but it just seems like more hoop jumping for the parties involved so "big brother" can keep track of what everyone is purchasing or selling. $600 or more, blah blah blah. Cashless society, blah blah blah. Just generally unnecessary mucking about with "private" transactions. Total HORSE PUCKEY!
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:13 am Maybe I'm waaaay off, but it just seems like more hoop jumping for the parties involved so "big brother" can keep track of what everyone is purchasing or selling. $600 or more, blah blah blah. Cashless society, blah blah blah. Just generally unnecessary mucking about with "private" transactions. Total HORSE PUCKEY!
No such thing as "private transactions" any more.... you spend it, they want to know. It's not like it's your money or anything... :shock:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

On that note......The explosion of self check-out. Buncha dopes running around looking busy while you do their job. There appears to be plenty of them to just post up on a CASH register and do it. But, no. They look at you like you have a c**k growing out of your forehead if you approach the counter and try to do it the old fashioned way. And then, oh my, if you are purchasing, say, adult beverages or, God forbid, some other vice related product from behind the counter, you gotta raise your hand or make some sort of "hey you" gesture to get it. Then they have to scan their silly "unlock" the purchase badge and fiddle with the screen. Only then are you "allowed" to get on with your business. We're f****d.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:26 am
TRX-1-3 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:13 am Maybe I'm waaaay off, but it just seems like more hoop jumping for the parties involved so "big brother" can keep track of what everyone is purchasing or selling. $600 or more, blah blah blah. Cashless society, blah blah blah. Just generally unnecessary mucking about with "private" transactions. Total HORSE PUCKEY!
No such thing as "private transactions" any more.... you spend it, they want to know. It's not like it's your money or anything... :shock:
It's not even about spending. If I ask for more than $1,999 cash back from a deposit or try to withdraw more than that, I have to submit my ID to the teller. This is at MY bank, not some other place. Don't ya just LOVE being treated like a criminal for doing perfectly innocent and legal stuff? It's not just banks either, there is a lumber store I frequent that I have to submit ID to when picking up purchases that I just made in front of the cashier! I mean, I can understand a phone purchase that is being picked up, they want to track that it was picked up by the right person. I don't like it, but I understand it. But why, when I was standing there right in front of you, made the purchase, do you need my ID to give me the load ticket?!?!?!?! Am I going to be mugged on the 100' trek from your counter to the lot lizard who's going to pull and load my order?!?!?!

More and more businesses are requiring literal DNA level information these days. Information that they have no business knowing or requiring. Businesses that don't give a flying flip about your personal safety or security. :roll: :evil:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

Orange construction barrels.
Attachments
traffic-barrel-isolated-picture-id1059119858-2176899571.jpg

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Buying big ticket items post the '08 depression and '20 covid19 is another fun thing to do today, ain't it?

The housing market is bonkers and the lenders have gotten stupid with their demands.

Car dealers marking up vehicles $5K-$10K or more, no negotiation, you get what they got on the lot, that's it! You don't buy it, some other moron will. :roll:

I need a new truck, I hate all the new vehicles, they're ugly as sin and the senseless electronics that they're choked by is ridiculous. Add to this that they're wildly overpriced, it drives one to go to the used market. Unfortunately, the used market is also equally smoking dope, 10-20 year old vehicles, well past their prime in condition and well over 100K miles, and the asking prices are still $20K and up. It's a no win situation. :roll:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Just tried to turn on the AC and it faulted because of low batteries in the F'ing thermostat! :roll: Because, you know, apparently, two AA batteries are capable of running an AC system. :roll: What pisses me off even more is that we don't use batteries that much, so we don't have any on hand, so here I sweat, broken hearted . . .

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Halgar wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 pm Businesses that don't give a flying flip...
Halgar wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 pm Buying big ticket items...
Halgar wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 pm housing market is bonkers...
Halgar wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 pm Car dealers marking up vehicles...
Halgar wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 pm What pisses me off even more...
Now THAT is a serious case of the Mondays!

Halgear? Do you need a hug??

:mrgreen: :wink:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Dangeruss wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:45 pm Now THAT is a serious case of the Mondays!

Halgear? Do you need a hug??

:mrgreen: :wink:
Mondays . . . Tuesdays . . . Wednesdays . . . :? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'd like to chalk it up to getting older and no longer having tolerance for stupidity, but age has nothing to do with it, stupidity has driven me nuts all my life.

And, yes, I'll take that hug! :lol: