The ultimate Mini JRX2 thread

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

clm
Approved Member

Re: The ultimate Mini JRX2 thread

Post by clm »

The rear shocks on the se are the xl shocks and not the long shocks. The same as the pro and lxt rear shocks, only the juniors and the x2 and xT have the standard long shocks on the back.

I did up a quick modeling of the long and xlong shock bodies in Tinkercad as well as a model of the long mini shock body to compare them, notice the different top profile to get more volume. The shaft is also going to be longer but should be easier to create then the bodies.

Blue is modeled off the mini shock, orange modeled off the full sized long and xlong bodies. I then scaled them to the dimensions of the mini shock to get the grey ones.
Attachments
shock bodies.png
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Damn you A-Main...

I now own 1/2500 of them... one of them is being turned into a jrx pro...

was worth it when tires are $25 a pair and backordered, chassis is $28 and backordered, shocks are $20 a pair, driveline is $24, building a transmission is on the far side of $60, and all the hardware... now I will have 3 batteries I have never charged :p
Attachments
a main.jpg
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Was in the LHS yesterday. They had a JRX2, JRXT, Mini B-Pro, and a couple Mini T's.

I considered buying the JRXT, but I've barely run my JRX2.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Update to the shock length dilemma, I have designed some stand-in shock rod ends that extend Losi long shocks to XL shock eye to eye length difference as calculated off of full sized Losi cars then scaled to the minis... it is surprising how much longer they need to be. I am test printing a couple experimental parts, one with integrated shock cup and one without.

edit: hmm looks like that is right for the lxt but I need to pull the shocks off the prose to measure them, they are limited differently.
Attachments
shock rod length diff.jpg
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

clm wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:58 am Update to the shock length dilemma, I have designed some stand-in shock rod ends that extend Losi long shocks to XL shock eye to eye length difference as calculated off of full sized Losi cars then scaled to the minis... it is surprising how much longer they need to be. I am test printing a couple experimental parts, one with integrated shock cup and one without.

edit: hmm looks like that is right for the lxt but I need to pull the shocks off the prose to measure them, they are limited differently.
Keep in mind, the shocks are scaled differently than the chassis on these cars and are actually oversized. You could easily use slightly smaller shocks and it'd look and work fine.

My measured conversion factor was .7666 for the shock length and .6844 for the chassis.
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Seeing as I have one each of the 10th scale cars I am going to to some measurements to get the shock lengths as close to right eye to eye for the xl shock cars, the lengths are going to be different as the models build with different numbers of spacers in them, lxt rear is too long for the ProSE and pro it seems :)
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

I can't help but think it looks sweet as it slowly goes together... need to print some of Rogues logo wheels for it, but I know it will print badly because the yellow is old and stringy heh
Attachments
20230727_053146~2.jpg
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Oh my goodness, it is sized perfectly for the tire :shock:
Attachments
20230727_140546~2.jpg
20230727_135759~2.jpg
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Honey, I shrunk the Junior T....
Attachments
20230731_150317~2.jpg
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

decided to try my hand at the logo on the battery cup, good luck printing it without a resin printer lol
Attachments
logolid.png
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

NWarty
Approved Member

Post by NWarty »

Just got mine over the weekend and while I love it, these body pins are going to make me absolutely ragey.
A bit different

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

NWarty wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:06 am Just got mine over the weekend and while I love it, these body pins are going to make me absolutely ragey.
I've bent the head of mine up a bit to ease install/removal. Also if it's the buggy you don't really need the 2 side ones

NotFastEnuf

Post by NotFastEnuf »

Hello all, I just joined up on rc10talk because I wanted to pop in and say thanks to clm and others working on pushing the 3d printed mods forward for this platform. Like many others, my childhood Losi became a mashup of parts over the years from different Losi platforms. I run a Junior T with lxt arms & slipper, eventually adding a conversion for modern hex rims using ecx axles and driveshafts once 3d printing arrived and i could make my own hubs. Sadly, I can no longer find gears for the lrm transmission so I've pulled my brushless motor for a weaker brushed option and she mostly sits as a shelf queen these past few years. But now I can recreate an exact mini replica! I was also lucky enough to acquire a mini Jrxt which sits in the box awaiting my son's birthday, but have begun work printing a little mini runner to enjoy along side him. Big thanks for the head start on all of the available parts, I've really enjoyed this project! I have begun my assembly printing in pla, and plan to switch to nylonX and/or redesign as needed when parts break. So far I've only needed to model the bulkheads, upper control arms, and a battery latch that matches my origional but plan to attempt a motor plate, spur cover, and 3d printed gears. Nice to know I can always throw in the towel and buy a manufactured part for anything that I fail to DIY. Thanks again for all the hours put into this!
Attachments
Screenshot_20230811-084057_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230811-084451_Gallery.jpg

killerBs75

Post by killerBs75 »

So, I just bought one of the JRX2. Hadn't kept up with RC so never saw it before but JRX2 was my first real RC car so... Reality is it will sit on a shelf a lot, but I still want to drive it and have it set up as such, my nephew might be getting into RC and just to have around as something fun that's a little simpler and easy to grab and easier to repair than my B3. Shocks showed up in pretty bad shape as with many of you, I'll fix that and maybe try to firm it up a tiny bit too with different springs and oil or something. Overall the rest seems cool.

I tried to pick through the thread, but there's a lot here, so if anyone doesn't mind I have some questions and clarification. No experience with mini cars other than my RS4 ages ago. Nor with 3D printing.

1) I'd like to at least get my hands on a front bumper. Any suggestions on places to order 3D printings? I've seen some of the parts one eBay, but I think I might should learn how to get my own parts made. I downloaded some files and poked around, but if anyone knows an idiots guide and what best material would be, etc.

2) Looks like if I want different tires, the simplest way is to get some mini-B tires and stretch them to fit the stock wheels am I right? Any other wheels I look at seem to mount differently. Or maybe 3D print some and get some other tires?

3) I'd like to speed it up a bit but stick with the stock Spektrum 2-in-1. Open endbell motor seems cool for the look too. I've found things on eBay but not sure on fitment and if I'm going to melt the tiny ESC. Most of the ebay links here have errors. What sizes can I look for? Apparently I need to make sure the length of the shaft isn't too short? I have no idea how good/bad the stock motor is compared to what I might buy. I don't want to throw a ton of money at it, but I'm willing to be patient too. Even if I can't find a open endbell I'd want, I'd take a closed one if the other option is just keeping it slow.

Thanks for reading, I tried to read the thread first (multiple times) but it's a lot to take in.

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

killerBs75 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:21 pm So, I just bought one of the JRX2. Hadn't kept up with RC so never saw it before but JRX2 was my first real RC car so... Reality is it will sit on a shelf a lot, but I still want to drive it and have it set up as such, my nephew might be getting into RC and just to have around as something fun that's a little simpler and easy to grab and easier to repair than my B3. Shocks showed up in pretty bad shape as with many of you, I'll fix that and maybe try to firm it up a tiny bit too with different springs and oil or something. Overall the rest seems cool.

I tried to pick through the thread, but there's a lot here, so if anyone doesn't mind I have some questions and clarification. No experience with mini cars other than my RS4 ages ago. Nor with 3D printing.

1) I'd like to at least get my hands on a front bumper. Any suggestions on places to order 3D printings? I've seen some of the parts one eBay, but I think I might should learn how to get my own parts made. I downloaded some files and poked around, but if anyone knows an idiots guide and what best material would be, etc.

2) Looks like if I want different tires, the simplest way is to get some mini-B tires and stretch them to fit the stock wheels am I right? Any other wheels I look at seem to mount differently. Or maybe 3D print some and get some other tires?

3) I'd like to speed it up a bit but stick with the stock Spektrum 2-in-1. Open endbell motor seems cool for the look too. I've found things on eBay but not sure on fitment and if I'm going to melt the tiny ESC. Most of the ebay links here have errors. What sizes can I look for? Apparently I need to make sure the length of the shaft isn't too short? I have no idea how good/bad the stock motor is compared to what I might buy. I don't want to throw a ton of money at it, but I'm willing to be patient too. Even if I can't find a open endbell I'd want, I'd take a closed one if the other option is just keeping it slow.

Thanks for reading, I tried to read the thread first (multiple times) but it's a lot to take in.
1) Cults3d has options to print most of the files on there. Keep in mind the bumpers aren't really needed on these cars and 3d printed ones don't seem to last too long.

2) Front Mini B tires are direct fit. Rear tires are fairly close in size, just steer away from the Mini T sized ones as they have a much smaller diameter wheel. I use the acetone vapor method to remove the tires. As far as 3D printed wheels go, they work, I have a set I made up on Cults3d based on the "Pro" wheels. They hold up fairly well but still aren't as strong as injection molded wheels.

3) The reedy open endbell motors seem to work well, if you can find them.