Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

juicedcoupe

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by juicedcoupe »

These micro capacitors.
Screenshot_20230409_211340_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_211354_Gallery.jpg

I hate coming across a motor that has these. I'm bound to drop them several times and probably going to lose one of them.

I've spent more time crawling around with a flashlight than actually working on the motor.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

juicedcoupe wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:18 pm These micro capacitors.

Screenshot_20230409_211340_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230409_211354_Gallery.jpg

I hate coming across a motor that has these. I'm bound to drop them several times and probably going to lose one of them.

I've spent more time crawling around with a flashlight than actually working on the motor.
Same here
-Jerry-

TheDiamondOne
Approved Member

Post by TheDiamondOne »

Not being able to eat and converse at the same time.
David, The artist formerly known as coxbros

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

People

Can I say that? And more so those in the 14-30 year old range. But really, just people in general.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

morrisey0 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:22 pm People

Can I say that? And more so those in the 14-30 year old range. But really, just people in general.
Exactly!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

morrisey0 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:22 pm People

Holy Shizzle!!!! You mean I'm not the only one who feels this way?!?!?!!?!? There is no age, gender, or ethnicity that can be isolated as being "the worst", it is people in general who are ignorant, self centered, loud and obnoxious, and/or stupid beyond the pale.

I was at Costco the other day and couldn't even get through the front door because of no less than six idiots who literally stop in the middle of the door to put their membership card away instead of moving deeper into the store and finding a place to move off to the side. The worst offender was a woman who was leaning against the racks on the side of the aisle just behind the greeter with a large trolley blocking most of the aisle. She just stood there watching people trying to get around her. :roll:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Video games with a last task that is impossible to beat...argo, not being able to get 100%, and missing out on the 2 last achievements 😩

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

My neighbor just got a Pit Bull. Very cool dog, friendly, runs and plays all over the yard, so basically, he's a dog. It irritates me that so many people turned these dogs into monsters, causing fear of the breed.

My area has coyotes, so a dog that could defend himself makes sense.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

People, obviously.

Today's dose was on the interstate.

Traffic is moving along fine (80+) until we get to the Mobile Bay tunnel, then everyone slams on brakes (as always). So 30 mph through the tunnel and then speed picks right back up, no traffic obstructions.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Yes, more stupid people on the road.

Since they are riding my bumper, I know that they can see that my truck is loaded with plywood, lumber, and shingles.

I'm not worried about my ability to tie down a load but they don't know that. Really, that's plum damn stupid.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:16 pm I'm not worried about my ability to tie down a load but they don't know that. Really, that's plum damn stupid.
I am always fascinated when I fill / overfill my utility trailer to go to the dump, and people are right there on my a$$! I over-strap my loads down, but you never really know what could happen, and they would have zero chance of avoiding an object thrown out. And when I get out on the main road, which is four lanes, they are right there behind me in the same lane for no reason! I will never get it...............
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Oh, it got better (or worse).

The moron passed several of us in the emergency lane, at a light. Then he cut across two more lanes of traffic.

He was close enough that I could see that he had a passenger with him. If I were that passenger, someone would have had got their a$$ beat shortly after.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Douchbags.

Even though there is parking available for trucks and trailers, this one decided to block five spots in front of the store.
Screenshot_20230502_085906_Gallery.jpg
When I was leaving, I noticed that someone had parked directly behind it. I thought that was funny. I hope it works out.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

juicedcoupe wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:03 am Douchbags.

Even though there is parking available for trucks and trailers, this one decided to block five spots in front of the store.

When I was leaving, I noticed that someone had parked directly behind it. I thought that was funny. I hope it works out.
There literally isn't a visit to Evil Orange where this isn't the norm, however, it usually isn't guys with trailers, it's general arsewipes without trailers who park in "trailer parking only" because they're too self-centered to park in the next aisle or two spaces further away from the building. The only thing worse is when the Evil Orange employees put all the trolleys and carts in the trailer parking area. :roll: :roll:

I came out of the store the other day and pushed several trolleys and carts around a vehicle parked in trailer parking that shouldn't have been. F'em!
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:47 pm
juicedcoupe wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:03 am Douchbags.

There literally isn't a visit to Evil Orange where this isn't the norm, however, it usually isn't guys with trailers, it's general arsewipes without trailers who park in "trailer parking only" because they're too self-centered to park in the next aisle or two spaces further away from the building. The only thing worse is when the Evil Orange employees put all the trolleys and carts in the trailer parking area. :roll: :roll:

I came out of the store the other day and pushed several trolleys and carts around a vehicle parked in trailer parking that shouldn't have been. F'em!
Yeah, my trailer rules are:
Avoid congested areas if at all possible

Park at the expense/inconvenience of yourself
(i.e. park at a distance or place that allows)

Know how to maneuver your equipment like a boss before you leave the house

Don't be a d*ckhead

Ensure your trailer is road worthy and distribute/ secure the damn load properly.
Hope you're doin' something fun.