Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RogueIV

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by RogueIV »

The fact that a Losi Mini JRXT 1/16 scale clear body costs nearly twice as much as it's 1/10 counterpart I just bought from SabulaTech last week.
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

The shrinking process involves magic. You can't put a price on magic.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:31 am The shrinking process involves magic. You can't put a price on magic.
Apparently they can. :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

:roll:
Attachments
329091796_2264574947058387_3499969344024102615_n.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

flippers...just flippers, you know the guys that hear a part is discontinued and then buy up as much as they can and then multiply price times 1000...yeah, Those guys.

but gotta admit, those low profile tired pavement pounder trucks are a close 3rd at the moment. They get elbowed out by the squatted pavement pounders :wink:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

klavy69 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:59 pm flippers...just flippers, you know the guys that hear a part is discontinued and then buy up as much as they can and then multiply price times 1000...yeah, Those guys.

Todd

Or when you mention a fairly obscure source for a fairly hard to find part(s) and the next time you go to purchase said part(s)......gone (this is probably 99% coincidence though). Just take a sip from the parts well, don't drain the thing. So yeah, hoarder-flippers. The only way to play that game is to escalate to it and then it's like an RC cold war parts race.....maybe I'm not as much a fanatic as I feel like I am. :roll: BUT, I do believe in "you snooze, you lose."

Wow all that I typed up there to realize that "discontinued parts" is what irritates me! :lol:
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

klavy69 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:59 pm flippers...just flippers, you know the guys that hear a part is discontinued and then buy up as much as they can and then multiply price times 1000...yeah, Those guys.

Todd
1000%

Or the guys who beg you for parts, saying it's for a special build. Then you see your part listed for 4 times the price.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:01 pm BUT, I do believe in "you snooze, you lose."

Wow all that I typed up there to realize that "discontinued parts" is what irritates me! :lol:
Yep, Understand the fact that is the way it is. Difference is if you found out about it being discontinued and you'd have some time to deal with it...yeah, wait too long and its your fault. Now, if something gets mentioned its instantly gone and you'll find a bunch of guys posting the stuff on ebay for 500-1000% mark up. My own snooze you lose situation was with the 10-4 parts. Once it was mentioned that parts were getting low... I snoozed :oops:
Lavigna wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:29 pm
Or the guys who beg you for parts, saying it's for a special build. Then you see your part listed for 4 times the price.
Yep. Been there, Seen that. Happened to me here on the board. I can't really complain though since I didn't know what I had so it was my own fault. It did make me question some of the guys around here at that time which was early on. Once the 'no drama' became the norm most of those guys have faded into facebook fame.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

F'ing daylight savings time! :evil: Hate it, wish it would be abolished! We're the only country that does it and not all states recognize it. It just needs to go! :roll:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Halgar wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:59 pm F'ing daylight savings time! :evil: Hate it, wish it would be abolished! We're the only country that does it and not all states recognize it. It just needs to go! :roll:
Wrong again, mate. :P
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Halgar wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:59 pm F'ing daylight savings time! :evil: Hate it, wish it would be abolished! We're the only country that does it and not all states recognize it. It just needs to go! :roll:
I've heard "they're" trying to get daylight savings time to be year round. Doesn't bother me at all, I actually like the extra hour of daylight in the evening from March thru October.
-Jerry-

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:07 pm
You guys have it over there? I thought the US was the only weirdos doing it. Still hate it, though. :lol:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Halgar wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:07 pm
Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:07 pm
You guys have it over there? I thought the US was the only weirdos doing it. Still hate it, though. :lol:
Yep, we have it, although not in all states (as you mentioned) - the progressive states have it, and the backward-arse states don't :P
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Cheap people.

I recently broke down two Tamiya ORV transmissions. The first one (along with the whole truck) was generosity greased with red wheel bearing grease. Very generosity.

I thought that was bad enough. The second one was greased with anti-seize. I think that stuff is growing in my house now. I'm having to use contact cleaner (~$10 a can) to remove it.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

juicedcoupe wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:15 pm Cheap people.

I recently broke down two Tamiya ORV transmissions. The first one (along with the whole truck) was generosity greased with red wheel bearing grease. Very generosity.

I thought that was bad enough. The second one was greased with anti-seize. I think that stuff is growing in my house now. I'm having to use contact cleaner (~$10 a can) to remove it.
Anti-seize??? WTF.... I sincerely feel sorry for you.
-Jerry-