Step brothers: Monogram Brushfire/Mrc Road Winner

The place for all things MRC.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV
Approved Member

Step brothers: Monogram Brushfire/Mrc Road Winner

Post by GoMachV »

Here are some pics of my Bandai step brothers.

This version of the Monogram came with oil shocks, bearings, battery and charger

Here is a big difference- look how MRC breaks it down for parts vs how Monogram did!

I had a road winner back in the day. It honestly was a pile but still close to my heart. Lots of good memories. I was looking for a Tornado but when I came across the Brushfire I had to have it. Basically the same with a lexan body and hop ups but much more rare than the already rare Tornado.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: Step brothers: Monogram Brushfire/Mrc Road Winner

Post by Lowgear »

Nice, I've always really liked the unusual motor placement and the cantilever suspension on the Tornado/Brushfire.

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Nice find and that is cool looking. Now I know where Traxxas got the idea for the Revo line.
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Wow, I missed this thread before. I had an MRC Road Winner. I got it in the 8th grade and only had it about a month before I got my Hornet. The controller was huge! I remember how hard it was to control because it was SO FAST! :lol: :oops: I keep toying around with the idea to get another NIB just for nostalgia. 8)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

The memories are better than the car. I had one and it was much better back then! Today, pulling it out if the box, it was such a toy. The build quality was horrid. The thing is, that's what makes it cool.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

gomachv wrote:The memories are better than the car. I had one and it was much better back then! Today, pulling it out if the box, it was such a toy. The build quality was horrid. The thing is, that's what makes it cool.
Agreed all the way around. Luckily it's so light and nimble that it more than makes up for it's toyish qualities. :shock: :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 pm Here are some pics of my Bandai step brothers.

This version of the Monogram came with oil shocks, bearings, battery and charger

Here is a big difference- look how MRC breaks it down for parts vs how Monogram did!

I had a road winner back in the day. It honestly was a pile but still close to my heart. Lots of good memories. I was looking for a Tornado but when I came across the Brushfire I had to have it. Basically the same with a lexan body and hop ups but much more rare than the already rare Tornado.
Hey Jeff,
I’m looking for a manual, exploded view or part pictures from any brand but bandai. The links above are broken but sound like they might have been of help.
I have modified my bandai suspension and use oil dampers but the mounting points on the lower arms are way too far inward. This makes the car very bouncy.
I believe these points are further outwards on the arms used on the other cars but i also see the rear shocks are in front of the rear arms on some versions.
I could possibly get a set of arms from a missiler but wonder if the arms only is enough: would i also need a different axle carrier in the back and parts to mount the upper side of the shhock in front of the arm…
Attachments
25B63BF9-4559-4663-A0E1-0CBA96B53653.jpeg
B4072021-238B-41EB-8DC3-4F5B9CF793B0.jpeg
E286ED58-CA16-4F9B-940A-E0022041F19A.jpeg
ADC79108-75F1-4298-9F1F-7F3240093372.jpeg
1875E8D6-979F-4B42-A52E-3F7B046AA975.jpeg
1830443C-B5B0-4912-A56E-C81E959C39B7.jpeg

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

hopefully these are legible. People wonder why forums are dead- facebook makes it easy to post pics where here I have to try to convert it to get it under the limit, then it posts sideways. Come on man.
Attachments
334917443_576413507799507_4032165549498447687_n.jpg
334891516_887972012490702_4017517849294358011_n.jpg
Factory Works website

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Thanks Jeff,, you're a hero
They post sideways on facebook too , and after a week it's near impossible to find anything again. Nobody bothers searching facebook anyways and just shoots questions on every whim.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I do agree, facebook is impossible to search. I just wish forums had taken some of the positives from facebook and implemented them, I think it would have helped keep some of the userbase.
Factory Works website