Pro Series 704B brushed motor

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ars10

Pro Series 704B brushed motor

Post by ars10 »

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum and would be greateful for help in identifying some brushed motors I own (really enjoy the feel of vintage tech).
Recently bought a bunch of old motors on ebay and trying to make them fit again.
Can someone help me identying this one?
Pro Series 704B, endbell marker "pro series".
Manufacturer: Blue Bird Model MFG., Co., LTD.

I could not find anything on the web. The only 704B "Power Plus" motor is from Aristo-Craft, which, however, looks very similar. Can that be some rebadge?
Is there any tech info about Aristo-Craft 704B?
Thank you!
IMG_8159_s.jpg
IMG_8158_s.jpg
IMG_8157_s.jpg

Phin
Approved Member

Re: Pro Series 704B brushed motor

Post by Phin »

Yeah, these motors were imported to, and sold in, the US by Polk Hobbies under their Aritso-Craft brand. You can find adverts for them in some 1988 issues of the RCCA scans that give an RPM rating, and what class of RC the motors were meant for. The 704B was for off-road buggies, and had an RPM rating of 18,000. Unfortunately the ads didn't give turn/wind stats.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Curious when u rip that sucker open if the comm is welded or crimped...keep us posted
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

ars10

Post by ars10 »

Phin wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 am Yeah, these motors were imported to, and sold in, the US by Polk Hobbies under their Aritso-Craft brand. You can find adverts for them in some 1988 issues of the RCCA scans that give an RPM rating, and what class of RC the motors were meant for. The 704B was for off-road buggies, and had an RPM rating of 18,000. Unfortunately the ads didn't give turn/wind stats.
Thanks for great info! I've disassembled the motor, and if the armature is the original one, than its singe wind with rather large number of turns (maybe 21-27).
Before cleaning and comm cut it made 17,000 at 7.2. After some cleaning and comm cut I see 20,[email protected]. Still need to apply some bearings oil. Also new brushes would be welcome as well as alignment adjustment, visually brushes aligned not perfectly.
coxbros1 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:33 am Curious when u rip that sucker open if the comm is welded or crimped...keep us posted
The comm looked pretty awful, but was not welded and I was able to cut it properly. However some wires are slightly damaged, which seems to be not critical. Here are some pics:
IMG_8216_s.jpg
IMG_8219_s.jpg
IMG_8213_s.jpg
IMG_8214_s.jpg
IMG_8223_s.jpg
IMG_8224_s.jpg