Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TRX-1-3

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by TRX-1-3 »

mikea96 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:26 pm When you sell something on Ebay in the evening and by late morning of the next day your getting messages as to why there item hasn't shipped yet?
I don't sell on ebay, but I think a 24-48hr shipping window is more than reasonable. I appreciate prompt shipping as much as the next guy but give a dude a chance before climbing up cavities over such a minor thing. I bet the buyer isn't a doctor because he would have no patients! Too many self-crowned VIP's out there these days.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:36 pm
RogueIV wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:27 pm I'm already used to be annoyed by search engines, especially when Losi decided XXX was a good thing to name their line of cars.
I'm fairly certain they did that specifically to legitimise the web searching of certain members of this forum, at least in the eyes of their co-workers and house managers....

Not specifically looking at you guys here, @ THEYTOOKMYTHUMB, @ RC10th or @ klavy69.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Oofta!!! I don't know about RC10th, but it's amazing that Thumbs and klavy get anything else done in a day! :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

[/quote]
I'm fairly certain they did that specifically to legitimise the web searching of certain members of this forum
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am hoping Schumacher releases a kit called... nevermind, TMI.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

WHERE IS THE NOVAK WIRE I "WON" OVER A MONTH AGO!!??

*SKY SCREAMING*

Shipping limbo.... sometimes irritates me.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Usps. The bane of my existence.

This one arrived well over a month late. eBay demanded refund early on so I’m glad to see the customer is getting both the item and a full refund while I eat both. The item was insured but since it was delivered it doesn’t qualify for coverage.
Attachments
C2D25A30-64F3-4427-9AF1-5F6A056029AE.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:50 pm Usps. The bane of my existence.

This one arrived well over a month late. eBay demanded refund early on so I’m glad to see the customer is getting both the item and a full refund while I eat both. The item was insured but since it was delivered it doesn’t qualify for coverage.
A few years ago, I had a body from TBG go missing in the mail. By the time that we concluded that it wasn't coming (about a month past due date), they were having problems getting lexan, so they refunded me.

Fast forward a month or so later, I was able to order again. Then both bodies showed up within a couple days of each other.

The last time I ordered, they went ahead and put a couple extras in for free. Everything showed up early.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

I'm not quick to complain or throw anyone under a bus. I'm just gonna keep waiting. It'll get here. :roll: Just golldern frustratin' seein's's I wanna proceed with a build.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

And I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that customer doesn't have the decency to return the refunded payment, after having the item delivered and being fully aware it was a carrier problem and completely out of your control.
I had that happen one time on ebay, so I re-paid for the item that eventually made it's way. Being a shady scumbag doesn't sit right with me.
-Jerry-

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Naw this guy was pissed it hadn’t arrived 5 minutes after he placed his order so it was not gonna end well for me no matter what
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

The remote to my wife's car.

The thing only half works when you need it, but has no problems opening the hatch or setting off the alarm just because you shifted in your chair.

On top of that, it has a stupid release button on it that causes it to fall off my keychain all the time, and costs over $300 to replace.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Speaking of you and USPS. I just received a package from you, sorta. It (along with all my mail) was delivered to my neighbor.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:06 pm The remote to my wife's car.

The thing only half works when you need it, but has no problems opening the hatch or setting off the alarm just because you shifted in your chair.

On top of that, it has a stupid release button on it that causes it to fall off my keychain all the time, and costs over $300 to replace.
The level of stupidity of design and the incorporation of electronics into literally EVERYTHING drives me up the wall, and then some! :roll: My work buddy and I were heading to look at a new job, he was driving. Hop in his brandy spanking new Ram and it won't start, fob not detected, even though it was literally sitting on the dash. He set the alarm, deactivated it, tried to remote start, etc. Finally got it to start, but it wouldn't let him put it in gear until he fiddled around some more, locking/unlocking doors, opening door, and a few other things. The truck was literally in the shop on Monday for this problem and the dealer says, "there's no problem", when clearly there is a problem! :roll:

Dodge seems to be going out of it's way to design as much stupidity into their vehicles as possible. I'm not saying that the other makers are doing much better, but their start button/ key fob failure is commonplace, as is a bolt inside the engine is for coming loose and causing catastrophic damage (diesels), as is the fuel pump relay for going bad, which is integrated into the fuse panel, requiring the replacement of the entire fuse panel. Oh, wait, it gets even better, touch any electrical component on the vehicle and you've not got to reprogram the stupid thing, which requires subscribing to at least 3 different web services to have access to the data/programing codes, and this is if you're a licensed mechanic. God help DIY'rs who have to dig into the electronics.

I get that computers are needed to manage the engine and drive train, but to literally have every function of the vehicle having to pass through a computer is utter stupidity!

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Since it was the first time this season I had to break one out ................... automobile ice scrapers! You can spend $2 or $20 on one, and at 6am and 20*F, every single one of them will produce two 1/8" streaks through the ice! This makes no sense! It is 2022, how can we not perfect this thing?
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Halgar wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:48 pm Dodge seems to be going out of it's way to design as much stupidity into their vehicles as possible.
A while back, a guy at work was looking at diesel trucks. He asked me what I thought about Cummings engines.

I told him that I thought pretty highly of them but that they have one major flaw, that they have a Dodge truck wrapped around them.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:00 pm
Halgar wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:48 pm Dodge seems to be going out of it's way to design as much stupidity into their vehicles as possible.
A while back, a guy at work was looking at diesel trucks. He asked me what I thought about Cummings engines.

I told him that I thought pretty highly of them but that they have one major flaw, that they have a Dodge truck wrapped around them.
LOL!!!! I would have to agree with that myself! As I said before, all manufacturers have their issues, so it isn't about brand loyalty or brand knocking. Heck, I'm a GMC guy and I absolutely HATE the new trucks! They're ugly, they're uncomfortable, and they're gawd awful expensive for what you're getting.