Hola from Vegas!

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ChocoTaco73
Approved Member

Hola from Vegas!

Post by ChocoTaco73 »

Hi guys, guess I did things backwards by starting my JRX2 build thread first so I'll post that below. :D But then again I decided to dip a toe into a vintage race build and did a big ol belly flop instead lol I started racing here in Vegas at Circus Hobbies around 1986 with my mechanical speed controlled RC10 in Production class. When CH closed Warren Reed, the father of then Losi driver Kyle Reed, opened an indoor track called RC Motorsports. I actually worked there for a bit and ran races occasionally. Around the same time I was able to race here and there in SoCal and Arizona, MnM, AJB and SRS had great tracks. Even brought a couple RC cars when visiting family in Jersey when I was 17 and raced at American Hobbies in Englishtown. It was right next to the drag strip and cars were racing down the quarter mile as we raced. It was pretty cool, plus the track was huge and a lot of fun. It's been about 20 years or so since I raced things could get ugly when I actually get out to my local track, 702 Raceway, which is an indoor carpet track. Speaking of, I was there last weekend and on the way out I glanced over at a display case with lots of old/vintage RC stuff in it and saw an Endurance Racing Products motor zapper/magnetizer. Does anyone remember ERP? They were based here in Vegas out of a double-wide trailer on the east side of town. I actually worked and raced for them and may have even made the Zapper in that case. Anyway, glad to be a part of the community, it's been a big help already. Thanks, James

https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47075
James - Losi fanatic :lol:

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Re: Hola from Vegas!

Post by BattleTrak »

Welcome! Always good to have more Losi fans here. The JRX2 is looking good!
-Brad

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Welcome.

Every time we went to Vegas I'd spend a fair bit of time at Danseys. Was a shame when they pulled out the dirt track and changed it to carpet onroad. I think they are gone now but I have many fond memories of the place
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

ChocoTaco73
Approved Member

Post by ChocoTaco73 »

Thanks!
Yeah, Dansey's was fun, small track but a good bunch of people raced there, including Dave and his wife who owned the place. I took a break from racing for a few years and came back running a XX-4 there. I got so used to it that it was really strange running at a much bigger track like MnM. Good times!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

The owners were great. His wife gave me a free shirt as a souvenir one year which was awesome. The shop was well stocked and the window to view the track was cool.

Richard Saxton was there sometimes and his pit mechanic Regan offered to let me run one of his new team battery packs.

The track was small but it was good fun and well set up. From memory they also ran nitro occasionally and had a big extraction fan in the middle of the ceiling above the track.

Good times :D

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Hah, found the shirt.....

20220209_203556.jpg

ChocoTaco73
Approved Member

Post by ChocoTaco73 »

Thats awesome! Brings back good memories, thanks for posting that