PB buggies. Post your pics.

The place for all things PB.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dinglem
Approved Member

Re: PB buggies. Post your pics.

Post by dinglem »

Retro rc wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:02 am
Mike73 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:52 am Thought it was time to reignite this thread and throw up a couple of pictures of my PB Ace. As I've posted elsewhere I'd love to recreate the mid motor PB Ace at some point, very little information to go off other than the one pic in an early magazine which showed the prototype car with the mid motor, more on that on my other thread so for now i'll let pics of this beaut do the talking. Will see if i can add more as file size seems to be an issue...

IMG_7602.JPG

IMG_E6754.JPG
Wow brimod shocks, demon motor and shiny rw Ali wheels…….. is this dinglems second account? 😂
Well i certainly know where the shocks came from....!!! :wink:
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

I might as well drop this in here seeing as the thread is alive again.... Mini Mustang racer in lovely survivor condition. This one will get raced so is never going to be shelf-perfect.
1 (2).jpg
1a (2).jpg
4 (2).jpg
6 (2).jpg
7 (2).jpg
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

Retro rc
Approved Member

Post by Retro rc »

dinglem wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:23 am
Retro rc wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:02 am
Mike73 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:52 am Thought it was time to reignite this thread and throw up a couple of pictures of my PB Ace. As I've posted elsewhere I'd love to recreate the mid motor PB Ace at some point, very little information to go off other than the one pic in an early magazine which showed the prototype car with the mid motor, more on that on my other thread so for now i'll let pics of this beaut do the talking. Will see if i can add more as file size seems to be an issue...

IMG_7602.JPG

IMG_E6754.JPG
Wow brimod shocks, demon motor and shiny rw Ali wheels…….. is this dinglems second account? 😂

Well i certainly know where the shocks came from....!!! :wink:
I’m just jealous I only have 1 out of the three items and they’re not on a pb either😢

Mike73
Approved Member

Post by Mike73 »

Ok here's a stock 2wd Mini Mustang, can't be many of these about, appears to have had very little use and will be treated to a clean and a fresh pair of rear tyres. The original tyres are super dried out, can only assume that the car has been stored and baked in a hot attic. Rest appears in good overall shape so should scrub up well....
IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

That looks great matey - very very tidy. In my experience the Pb cars were excellent on flat carpet and tarmac tracks, which is why i think some of them have survived in such great condition. I know my Maxima was raced almost entirely on carpet as the owner had an 870c for off-road racing, although I do recall seeing the Maxima bouncing around at the 3 Tuns off-road circuit a couple of times.... The mint underside of your 2wd car suggests a very light workload, that's for sure. I think one of these as a Revival 2wd entry would be absolutely fantastic to see!!!

I have also always liked the look of the larger diameter 3-piece 2wd front rims. The black and white mag advert which showed a 2wd version always looked great in my eyes. The guy who sold me my Maxima had a big box of red Pb rims and there are a few pairs of the 3-piece rims in there for whatever reason (the state of the tyres also suggests a bit of off-road action!)
red.jpg
Lovely original example you have there. What do you have planned for it?