Found great source for wheels for 1/4" axle'd RC10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

formuladoug

Found great source for wheels for 1/4" axle'd RC10

Post by formuladoug »

Hi Folks, only my second post here and please know that I'm not affiliated in any way with any suppliers. I've been running into all of the classic parts sourcing problems bringing my 1984 RC10 "truggy" back to life. My last challenge was rear wheels. Stub axle conversions, dog bone conversions, etc. are just incredibly hard to find, and if found, crazy expensive. Frustrated, I contacted Team Associated directly and Don Natale recommended a wheel manufacturer/supplier in the UK called JC Racing Products (not related to JConcepts - that I know of). I contacted John Broadhurst at the company and he was great to work with. He gave me measurements (for offset) as well as pics and sent the wheels to me promptly with pretty low shipping costs. Note that if you do order from them, best to get at least a couple of sets to save on shipping. Anyway, the wheels are very well made. The rears are just 3mm narrower than current 2.2 buggy wheels and simply the perfect offset for my vintage RC10 (I use truck tires on the back since it's a truggy). Hopefully this information helps others out there that are as frustrated as I was about wheels for our dear old cars. I'm happy to share any additional info you may want or need. Just let me know!
Attachments
19.jpg
18.jpg
09.jpg

jwscab

Re: Found great source for wheels for 1/4" axle'd RC10

Post by jwscab »

Thanks for sharing that! They have been around for a while and have saved lots of us headaches!!! They make a host of wheels for vintage cars and are very well made and priced well. Glad they got you sorted out.