Sc5m drag chassis conversion

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mario85

Sc5m drag chassis conversion

Post by Mario85 »

Anyone using this chassis For Drag racing I recently started to make my own conversion chassis to build a drag specific SC5M Started out with a paper drawing finally made a prototype are used carbon fiber to make this chassis I also raise the transmission by 5 mm to lower the center of gravity center mounted the battery and relocated the ESC close to the transmission for a better weight distribution Chassis seems to actually work very well i’m not really sure yet how to post pictures but I’m trying to figure that out so I can share my build with everyone

KidAgain
Approved Member

Re: Sc5m drag chassis conversion

Post by KidAgain »

Mario85 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:22 am Anyone using this chassis For Drag racing I recently started to make my own conversion chassis to build a drag specific SC5M Started out with a paper drawing finally made a prototype are used carbon fiber to make this chassis I also raise the transmission by 5 mm to lower the center of gravity center mounted the battery and relocated the ESC close to the transmission for a better weight distribution Chassis seems to actually work very well i’m not really sure yet how to post pictures but I’m trying to figure that out so I can share my build with everyone
Ive only used the SC10 chassis for my builds would love to see yours bud.....................
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

Mario85 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:22 am Anyone using this chassis For Drag racing I recently started to make my own conversion chassis to build a drag specific SC5M Started out with a paper drawing finally made a prototype are used carbon fiber to make this chassis I also raise the transmission by 5 mm to lower the center of gravity center mounted the battery and relocated the ESC close to the transmission for a better weight distribution Chassis seems to actually work very well i’m not really sure yet how to post pictures but I’m trying to figure that out so I can share my build with everyone
Hey man how are you doing over there in your neck of the woods?I am actually thinking of doing the same build as what your doing. Im just confused on he B6.1 and like the B6.1D. They are both same price.

KidAgain
Approved Member

Post by KidAgain »

kenny21 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:08 pm
Hey man how are you doing over there in your neck of the woods?I am actually thinking of doing the same build as what your doing. Im just confused on he B6.1 and like the B6.1D. They are both same price.
One is ball diff one is gear diff i think......
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44