Body Links Please RC10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GWXP
Approved Member

Body Links Please RC10

Post by GWXP »

Hi, any links to purchase this clear body and wing please?

Also the wing mounting hardware?

Ebay or private

Thanks
Attachments
RC10 4 (1280x796).jpg
RC10 3 (1280x966).jpg
RC10 2 (921x1280).jpg
RC10 1 (1280x1233).jpg
RC10 12 (1280x801).jpg
RC10 11 (1280x671).jpg
RC10 10 (1280x815).jpg
RC10 9 (1280x703).jpg

jwscab

Re: Body Links Please RC10

Post by jwscab »

There are three vendors out there for vintage bodies, but it looks like a couple of them are off ebay right now, I hope, temporarily.

Oldrc.com makes a nice selection of vintage bodies based in central/western US somewhere. Awesome guy and company, and prices are GREAT.

Penguin RC is located in UK and makes some bodies, possibly the protech(the one you are asking about) Not protech II or Protech IV, just protech (or protech I). Generally very good quality from what I hear. usually on ebay

Team blue groove has a really large selection but also backpours some (most?) molds so the bodies aren't always accurate dimension wise. located in Canada. usually on ebay

there is one other possible source, and that is Andy's USA. Usually on ebay and usually painted, but he sources the protech from somewhere. Be aware that many people have issues when dealing with him. Great skilled vintage paint guy but the business sense is somewhat lacking at times.

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

jwscab wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:03 am

there is one other possible source, and that is Andy's USA. Usually on ebay and usually painted, but he sources the protech from somewhere. Be aware that many people have issues when dealing with him. Great skilled vintage paint guy but the business sense is somewhat lacking at times.

Can you be specific on the issues..................................................................I'll be seeing him this weekend. :wink:
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

pretty much with delivering product as promised. I've never dealt with him but it's pretty well known that some have ordered, or purchased, and waiting forever to receive anything, or nothing. Others have had flawless interactions. I'm just putting the caveat on the suggestion should things go south. That's about all I know.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Andy knows of the issues. They are basically that he over promises. He has great intentions but terrible follow through. He is a great guy but completely overwhelmed with work. Hell I saw a body that he already had done and ready to ship, told him I wanted it and it still took two weeks for him to get it out the door. He charges too little for the quality of work which is hard to complain about until it turns into too much backlog and broken promises. I have fought for him in the past but since things haven’t changed I’m done fighting.

I took him all my Factory Works molds so he could take over body production for me, with all the profit going to him. In two years guess how many bodies he has pulled off my molds? None. Zero. Zip. The Volvo wagon and sedan bodies are quite popular, I get emails almost weekly about them. I finally had to just tell people we have no plans to make them anymore. I’m not only out the molds but also I have now let my customers down. I wish I had taken them to Ross at McAllister instead.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

That sucks guys I’m not sure I have enough pull to talk with him about these issues, maybe I can get the molds from him who knows.

His enthusiasm is still there like you said but he’s in his twilight years and maybe my youth and the excitement we have when we speak to each other will get me somewhere with him.

I have some stuff in the works for us DS guys maybe I should expand with bodies too.
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

At some point I will hit him up and see if I can come down and grab them, because they’re not doing him or me any good down there.

I wouldn’t bother bringing it up or even talking to him about the problems, he knows about them.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

GoMachV wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:50 am At some point I will hit him up and see if I can come down and grab them, because they’re not doing him or me any good down there.

I wouldn’t bother bringing it up or even talking to him about the problems, he knows about them.
Give me a chance bud I have youth and motivation on my side it’s worth a shot but I totally understand your frustration