T4.1 RTR Brushless: 2010 Car of the Year!

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

T4.1 RTR Brushless: 2010 Car of the Year!

Post by longboardnj »

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/announcements/499-T4.1_RTR_Brushless%3A_2010_Car_of_the_Year%21_ to all my traxxas friends ... "i told you so" ...
this truck rocks, i dont care if people say traxxas is faster.. (if you put a super charged bigblock in any crap car it will be faster then a stock corvette).. sorry i had to vent.. so many people i know think traxxas i so great ..i own some traxxas stuff and like what i have.. i just feel any ae product is 10x better..

Lonestar
Approved Member

Re: T4.1 RTR Brushless: 2010 Car of the Year!

Post by Lonestar »

longboardnj wrote:http://www.teamassociated.com/news/announcements/499-T4.1_RTR_Brushless%3A_2010_Car_of_the_Year%21_ to all my traxxas friends ... "i told you so" ...
this truck rocks, i dont care if people say traxxas is faster.. (if you put a super charged bigblock in any crap car it will be faster then a stock corvette).. sorry i had to vent.. so many people i know think traxxas i so great ..i own some traxxas stuff and like what i have.. i just feel any ae product is 10x better..
Shame that it's the RTR version that wins... kinda decredibilizes the whole thing if you ask me :roll: It's 2011, anyways...

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

RTR keeps the hobby shops making money on repairs. These basher kids break a front arm and they take it in to get it fixed. Not many people I see these days know how to wrench. If they had to put it together in the first place they might understand how they work and how to fix them. (small vent) :roll:
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

My former magazine guy two pennies...

I love me some Team Associated and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my T4 to DEATH!!! I've raced and loved it since the day it came out and we reviewed it at RC Driver (yes I've had mine as long as there has been a t4). With that said I find it hard to believe that out of 43 cars, a handful of which in the past year have redefined the way things are done, this is the one that won... purely for its included radio and motor set up no less. I would've liked to seen the award at LEAST be given to the 18b2/t2 or their SC10 or SOMETHING that was actually new if it was to go to AE. I do believe in refinement over replacement (ala Porsche 911) and I will say without having driven a T4.1 I'm positive it's ACTUALLY better than the original T4, but I think a "car of the year" titled award is better suited to something that is innovative or sparks a change in the hobby, not just a vehicle with new geometry changes and a couple other bits. Let's be honest, the B4/T4 was in need of an update/replacement and this is most likely a freshening up to hold things over until a B5/T5 sees the light of day.

Congratulations certainly go to AE, their products truly are second to none. Shame on the magazines in this hobby... your grubbing for ad dollars clearly shows no limits to your illegitimacy and your insanely limited readership in comparison to the size of this hobby is proof positive that you give people nothing worth paying for.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Well said Erich.

At least give the honors to an entry whose class is not consedered dead throughout 90% of the country.

With that said, and all magazine bribe money aside, what do WE think should be the "Car of the year" for 2010?

I am going to vote for the Axial Honcho...

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

Brandon G wrote:Well said Erich.

At least give the honors to an entry whose class is not consedered dead throughout 90% of the country.

With that said, and all magazine bribe money aside, what do WE think should be the "Car of the year" for 2010?

I am going to vote for the Axial Honcho...
DURANGO dex410

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Traxxas Monster Jam series!!!!!

Just kiddin'. I'd favor the Durango too, really... took 4wd EP to the next level. If the TLR 22 was available, it'd have my pick - next year I guess ;)

And I race a b4.1 btw, with some success, and I absolutely love it. The platform is fantastic indeed, but I agree with Erich, give COTY awards to new cars... this is a 2003 design we're talking about here!

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

I agree with Erich, give COTY awards to new cars... this is a 2003 design we're talking about here!
2003 design but different... l think its by far coty..its full bearings,metal oil shocks, brushless,2.4 radio,rtr ,under$250 shipped,and to top it all off its based off one of the best rc race trucks ever made... if i had to pick only 1 rc to run it would be a t4 and if i had to pick only 1 rtr rc it would be the t4.1 rtr brushless..