RC10 rerelease is this rumour true?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

Re: RC10 rerelease is this rumour true?

Post by longboardnj »

scr8p wrote:i heard from a reliable source that the rc10 re-release kits were being packaged up, and are gonna be sent to the distributors within the week.
yes... they will have silver stainless steel tubs and they will be sold at delorean dealers..heres a pic of the rc10 rerelease factory....
Attachments
rc10 rerelease factory.jpg
rc10 rerelease factory.jpg (46.19 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
rc10 rerelease factory.jpg
rc10 rerelease factory.jpg (46.19 KiB) Viewed 1247 times

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

i heard from a reliable source that the rc10 re-release kits were being packaged up, and are gonna be sent to the distributors within the week.
so scr8p how long have you been working around those body shop chemicals :mrgreen:

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

I put two of these Re-re RC10s on back order through Tower Hobbies, as soon as they're release I will get an email confirming that I'm crazy.... :lol: :lol:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

RC10resto wrote:so scr8p how long have you been working around those body shop chemicals :mrgreen:
too long, and i'm only 32. i still think it has something to do with me getting sick. no one seems to be able to definately say it is or it isn't. it sucks, i really don't want to go back to work painting cars all day, and end back to where i was at this point last year because it was the chemicals. :(

but i don't want to bring this thread down. they're gonna re-issue the rc10!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Prince Steve
Approved Member

Post by Prince Steve »

scr8p wrote:i can understand if they wanted to keep a new competition based race car "under wraps". but, i don't see why they'd have to be the same way with a re-issue of a 25 year old kit. everyone already knows what it should look like. they're not hiding anything.

i'd think they would want to get the possibility out in the air to see what kind of interest there is. just my $.02. :?
EXACTLY!! :roll: :lol: :lol: IT WON'T HAPPEN ( uhm uhm ) Oh Excuse me. it won't happen
AKA ( settin03 R/C hobbies and more ) on Ebay

Since being on this site I have found that I have too many parts and R/C Models. Please help me get rid of them. ;-)

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

scr8p wrote:
RC10resto wrote:so scr8p how long have you been working around those body shop chemicals :mrgreen:
too long, and i'm only 32. i still think it has something to do with me getting sick. no one seems to be able to definately say it is or it isn't. it sucks, i really don't want to go back to work painting cars all day, and end back to where i was at this point last year because it was the chemicals. :(

but i don't want to bring this thread down. they're gonna re-issue the rc10!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Yeah, they are gonna re-issue the rc10,-------- the rc10B4, much like the b2 then the
"updated" b3 they will take the b4, put kingpin style caster blocks on it-widen the arms and change the hub spacing to accomidate the new 2.2 1/2" wheels (super low pro tires) then you
will get a "new" molded tub made from an all new material called "BLACK PLASTIC (with tiny yellow fibers) CRAP", that is more forgiving under the strains of being put together in an RTR warehouse by someone making .02 $ per month. Then they are going to be changing the wheel color to red, since the people making these cars can identify better with that color. And
they have a brand new shock body, which will be painted red--inside and out. It will be released very soon and be called the RC10B5

t

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
scr8p wrote:

Yeah, they are gonna re-issue the rc10,-------- the rc10B4, much like the b2 then the
"updated" b3 they will take the b4, put kingpin style caster blocks on it-widen the arms and change the hub spacing to accomidate the new 2.2 1/2" wheels (super low pro tires) then you
will get a "new" molded tub made from an all new material called "BLACK PLASTIC (with tiny yellow fibers) CRAP", that is more forgiving under the strains of being put together in an RTR warehouse by someone making .02 $ per month. Then they are going to be changing the wheel color to red, since the people making these cars can identify better with that color. And
they have a brand new shock body, which will be painted red--inside and out. It will be released very soon and be called the RC10B5

I think you mean the RC"YEN"B5.

t

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

Here is a pic of the New RC YEN.
Attachments
Auto_Rickshaw_jpg_200x200.jpg

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

It might be interesting to take the classic RC10 styling and tub layout and using modern chassis material and updated components (captured hinge pins, newer CVDs and hub carriers etc) and produce a few limited editions. Also, I know we have our own "Vintage nats", but how cool would it be to have a race with the OG racers using vintage cars at a Worlds events.

I agree, it IS a lot to ask considering where AE is now and the focus on racing etc. I had the chance to visit AE several years ago and it was awesome!

MOmo

Motor'n

Post by Motor'n »

At this years RCX my friend and I spoke to Cliff Lett and asked him about this very same subject. We all joked and cut up on what the box art would be... He suggested getting the larger and balder Jay Halsey to squeeze into the drives suit find the trophy girl from the ads ect.... Surprisingly he was not opposed to the idea and said that many people have shared the same wants for a reproduction kit. He did say that all the old molds for instance the chassis were long gone. They do not mothball old molds.... They either run them until they wear out or get rid of them when the car that the mold is for goes out of production. He said that even if they wanted to they would have to completely re tool and die. With the limited production numbers it would have to me made almost entirely in China and would still cost much more than a current kit. Of course our response was a straight faced "SO......." and then we all laughed. So we as hobbyists have expressed our wishes and by our conversations it has been received positively but I don't think we will se any new kits soon.
Racin since 1987

Raman
Approved Member

Post by Raman »

Interesting post Motor'n. I saw this similar debate go on for years over Tamiya's SRB / Rough Rider. Rumour was the moulds were long gone or they were out sourced etc. Speculations on the price was in the 500 - 600s. In the end, Tamiya did re-release the Rough Rider last month for $320 and from my understanding the remade the moulds. The first batch sold out instantly and people are still waiting for a more kits. Even in this economy.

Original RC10 would undoubtedly be sold out. I never had one growing up, could not afford it and picked one up this week. Very clean car.. nonetheless, would love to buy a new kit and build it.

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

about 2 weeks ago i talked to a guy from ae and he forsure said "no re-re"
so i told him to go tell the president of ae to start making them again....lol
he said he would tell him :D

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i think a 'heritage' edition b4 would be cool.

make a unique gold anodized alloy chassis for it, use all white plastic, and some super thick fiberglass shock towers.

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

badhoopty wrote:i think a 'heritage' edition b4 would be cool.

make a unique gold anodized alloy chassis for it, use all white plastic, and some super thick fiberglass shock towers.
they could like a b4 vintage edition. just picture it with gold alloy chassis, white nylon parts, gold threaded shocks, white fiberglass shock towers. and limit production on them and sell them as numbered commemorative kits. they could use the current b4 molds for most of it.. just anodize the b4 shocks gold and motor plate.

the only items to design would be the shock towers and make one mold to stamp the chassis out of. a couple hundred shock towers and around 100 custom stamped chassis' wont break the bank. plus they can turn around and ask double of what a factory team kit goes for and still sell everyone very quick.

but as far as a re release goes it will never happen. due to having to remake every mold would not pay itself off.

SmallScaleSmitty
Approved Member

Post by SmallScaleSmitty »

LowClassCC wrote:
badhoopty wrote:but as far as a re release goes it will never happen. due to having to remake every mold would not pay itself off.
I agree, it's all about the $$$ these days. A companies heritage is a distant after thought.