YZ10 Works Projects

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

naushad
Approved Member

Re: YZ10 Works Projects

Post by naushad »

Fibrelyte have Already got all works '93 parts on file...I ordered them months ago for a member here.

in fact they have many CAD files that aren't listed on their site but can't ID accurately. You just have to ask and be patient.

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

So who is the seller...:)....i need some 93 works parts..:)

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Fibrelyte lol, mail them a pic of the parts you need, as Naushad said, some are not known to them, but chances are they may have what you need on file already!

Lee

hondaman
Approved Member

Post by hondaman »

Good to know.. I was going off what they had on their website.. When money frees up, I'm going to give them a try to get the parts I need.. Thanks for letting us know.. 8)

Shawn

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

I meant who was the seller of the NIB.....i am slow but not quite that slow...:)...

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

The NIB was just a really lucky Craigslist find. I also bought a Works roller off of the same seller, who included with both cars a NIP Works '91 body and undertray. He has some other Works bits and pieces that I will buy off of him soon...a bit of a treasure trove if I say so myself...

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

Good stuff....u do get lucky every now and then ...

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

You just have to stay on top of your searching and jump on the good opportunities when they show up ;)

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

True....i have jagged a couple of 91/92's recently with heaps of spares for those.... Never tried craigslist....

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Some unexpected delays over at Fibre-Lyte, but Stephen let me know earlier today that he is in the process of drawing the parts out. At least things are moving along...

I'll post some pics soon of the project cars I'm working on, plus some extra goodies that should arrive in the mail today ;)

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Ok, here we go...

First thing's first, though. I just noticed this the other night and it got me thinking a bit about the '91 and '92 Works towers. Image below shows two different versions of a '91 Works manual. Neither manual says '92 on it anywhere, and both manuals show the ZC-653 belt (2mm pitch) and the rear hub carriers that were only used on the '91 Works, elsewhere in the manual. You'll notice the towers in the upper images are what we normally associate with the '91 Works. In the lower images, we have what are considered the '92 Works towers, but featured in what is otherwise an authentic '91 Works manual. I have two versions of both of these manuals from separate purchases, so this is indeed not a fluke. This makes me think that maybe the '92 towers were sold with later versions of the '91 Works before Yokomo did the full '92 Works chassis release (which is really just the towers, belts, rear hub carriers, as far as I know).

More pics coming (with commentary)...
Attachments
IMAG0898a.jpg

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

I'll start with the parts stash first.

The gentleman who sold me the NIB '93 Works pictured earlier, plus one of the chassis I'll show later, also had a bunch of parts he wanted to offload. Among them were six (count 'em...six) NIP '91 works bodies and undertrays. I don't plan on using them all (I'd like to keep a few NIP), but I guess I won't be needing repros anytime soon ;) Also some new wheels - 3 sets white and two sets pink (the other set is in the '93 Works box), two sets of NIP arms, some very nice aluminum front arms from Racing Jack, NIP set of Works shocks (front and rear), GPM aluminum motor mount, a lightly used white molded wing, and a hardly used green molded wing. Also new velcro straps, TR380H rears (NIP), TR9 rears, and TF340 fronts. Especially considering the bodies, I'm quite pleased with this find.

I've also been stocking up on some other parts - Dynotech Works delrin arms, slipper clutch set, purple aluminum motor mounts, '93 Works rear towers (can't seem to find spare fronts, though - hence the Fibre-Lyte thing), '93 Works torque rod stay and ball set, wing mounts, and a few other bits (plenty of bits not shown here). One of my other chassis also came with some Works arms, as well as one set of white delrin arms (fronts, I think), and some gray delrin (?) arms, which appear to be Drescher arms, although they are fronts for the 870c. Kind of interesting...not sure if Drescher made fronts for the 870? The purple motor mounts are from eBay. I'm not sure who made them, but they look like a replica of the Suzuki mount, piece for piece, just a different color. I'd like to take at least one of them and try stripping the anodizing off for a "clean" aluminum finish.

This stuff is going towards four Works chassis projects, so in that context it is by no means a large list.
Attachments
IMAG0893a.jpg
IMAG0894a.jpg
IMAG0895a.jpg
IMAG0897a.jpg

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

...and the chassis...

Two of these (top two) are almost completely torn apart to source parts for the Fibre-Lyte job.

Top image is a gutted '91 Works. This will get a "bling" job with the Dynotech arms and Fibre-Lyte chassis, towers, etc. Haven't decided on the paint scheme, although I have wondered whether a Master Chief (Halo) job could be done. Something about the YZ10 body makes me think of Master Chief's helmet. I pre-emptively picked up a Cortana sticker for the undertray in case I go this route.

Second image is a '93 Works, minus almost everything that makes it a '93 Works. Towers are off at Fibre-Lyte for repro, and the torque rod per one of the above images will be installed here. I want to make this one a runner for the 2014 VONATS, so I'm not too concerned about a perfect finish here. By that, I mean a good runner is built to last a race rather than look pretty. I really liked running my 870c at the 2013 VONATS and figured what would be cooler than a '93 Works the next time around...

Third image is some kind of hybrid Works model. Based on the rear tower and the fact that it has a Pirelli front belt, I'm guessing it was originally a '93 Works that had some work done on the front. Drescher front arms, nylon front bulkhead, aluminum steering knuckles (possibly kyosho, but not sure), a front tower that was hacked up pretty badly, and what appears to be a handmade upper deck from G10. All of the dogbones are pretty banged up. If I can't bend them back, then I'll have to source some new ones. I haven't decided whether to make this a runner or a shelfer, but either way, it should be an interesting project.

Fourth image is the roller I bought along with the NIP '93 Works and all of those NIP bodies. With the exception of the front tower (which looks like a handmade version of a '92 front tower with an extended top), it appears to be a '92 Works. Very nice aluminum steering rack on this one. Needs a bit of cleaning (this will be a shelfer), but is otherwise in very nice condition. I plan on reverting to the original front tower (maybe use this taller tower on the third car), but beyond that, I've yet to decide whether to make it an "authentic" '92 (which would mean replacing the aluminum rack with a stock plastic one) or to make it a little blingy.

That should do it for now. I want to work on the first two cars first, but that means waiting for the Fibre-Lyte parts to come in. Shouldn't be too long now...
Attachments
IMAG0892a.jpg
IMAG0891a.jpg
IMAG0888a.jpg
IMAG0890a.jpg

hondaman
Approved Member

Post by hondaman »

You know I hate you now :twisted: ............. You lucky bastard!! :lol: :lol: Very nice haul there.. I am jealous.. :oops: But it does look like a lot of fun.. Keep us posted on the progress of these builds..

Shawn

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Am I correct in saying that all those cars use the same magnesium bulk heads as the earlier 870c? I hope so, because that makes development of parts alot easier.