i want...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

badhoopty
Approved Member

i want...

Post by badhoopty »

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/1021693945.html

honestly i couldnt build mine to the specs of the one listed for as cheap, and even if i could i still got that pesky rust problem... its even a tintop.

i'm so tempted. i'm soooooo tempted.

Twiceblown351
Approved Member

Re: i want...

Post by Twiceblown351 »

Go for it. It lokes like a good build. It is allways cheaper to buy something that some allready has built then to try to build it your self. Beleave me I've built 3 race cars and its not cheap.
Twiceblown= 93 F150 Lightning
393 and two turbos @ #10Psi
= 10.90@126 in street trim

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I don't know doing 65MPH all day long maybe just a little too fast :roll:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

So do it!!! Between the one you've got and this one you can build one really great truck and part together the extra pieces and sell them off, cutting you overall expenses. It's not every day you can pick up a new toy for next to nothing - factoring in selling off the extra parts, pieces, truck.

My electrician is an avid car freak. His hobby is buying insurance salvage vehicles, building one great vehicle, and junking the excess. In his efforts he ends up with one great runner and sells off the excess for nearly what he's spent for the whole project. All of his company vehicles have cost him less than 5k and last him for years. All his personal vehicles have been salvage rebuilds. He does show quality work, no hack garbage. A couple years ago he took a 4x Dakota chassis and shortened it 16", then grafted a PT Cruiser body onto it, extending the nose 9". He painted it BMW metalic blue. It was a pretty cool looking truck and he said he couldn't drive it anywhere without people waving him over to take pics and talk about it. He told me that it cost him about $20k to build by the time he traded favors, scraped the excess salvage, and what not. I used to have pics of it, but I don't anymore.

All that to say, buy the new Zuki, build an awesome rig from the two and sell off the excess. You'll be happier for the better rig and someone will be happy to have what you're parting with.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

wts873
Approved Member

Post by wts873 »

I have been bitten by the sammy bug too. I just love little cars I guess :P . I found a 86 with a brand new hard top last year. It's still stock and I think I'm going to keep it that way. I agree that it is cheaper to buy a already built rig, but beware of the skills of who built it and how hard they were on it. My sammy was a retiree summer home vehicle and still has many miles left on it and old people see them as a pos so they will almost give them away 8).

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

god i want it... i did email the seller and asked a couple VERY basic questions, and i got a reply that didnt answer anything, just repeated the craigslist description. i hate when i ask a question and it doesnt get answered...

as cool as it is, there will always be another one i suppose. i got way way more important things to buy (like a house) before i go off and blow a chunk of savings on another zuki.

i'm still tempted though... if i knew for sure i could sell my zuk immediately after i bought this one... but its all kinda stupid to be doing right now with the economy the way it is.

darn cool little sammy though. still tempted... ;)

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Question is, how long will it take you to recoup the purchase price? If you can have it back in a month or two via your job or selling off other stuff, like the current Zuk, then I say go for it. It's my suspicion that for the most part this rig is pretty well done, but you're going to find a few things requiring some upgrading, maybe some part swapping from the current Zuk. I also suspect that even in this economy, you'll be able to sell the current Zuk fairly rapidly. Heck, maybe you'll buy a house from a redneck who'll take it as a down payment. :P

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

Halgar wrote:Question is, how long will it take you to recoup the purchase price? If you can have it back in a month or two via your job or selling off other stuff, like the current Zuk, then I say go for it. It's my suspicion that for the most part this rig is pretty well done, but you're going to find a few things requiring some upgrading, maybe some part swapping from the current Zuk. I also suspect that even in this economy, you'll be able to sell the current Zuk fairly rapidly. Heck, maybe you'll buy a house from a redneck who'll take it as a down payment. :P
stop tempting me halgar... :lol:

honestly, even if i could just sell my current rig for what i bought it for i would be doing alright... we'll see.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

You never know shoot him the low ball offer you dont think he will take, give him your number and wait. My friend just did that, he just got a 92 10 sec fox Mustang with a 351w lighting motor with only 300 miles on it he was selling it for 10grand he had 30K in recepts. but the economy sucking so bad no one else even called? turned out he needed the money more than the car. we offered 4 grand left our number and told him to think about it. we got a call a week later to come get it.its ours you just never know. youll never win if you afraid to roll the dice.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

badhoopty wrote:stop tempting me halgar... :lol:
:twisted: :twisted: I would never :twisted: :twisted:

(Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! )

:twisted: :twisted: Not me, Not in a million years!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

he seems receptive to a lower price and a possible partial trade on my zuk...

we'll see.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

just talked to the dude.

going to see it sunday.

8)

just so happens he just bought a really nice, but stock sammy that my little rig would be a perfect parts donor for.

i'm sure i'll let ya all know if i get it.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

well i got it...

its pretty cool. you can definitely see its been wheeled... :wink:
it most definitely needs some attention and tlc, but so did the other one when i got it. and just like the old one, one of the the first things i'm going to do is yank out all the wiring and redo it all. its all just a little too cobbled for my tastes. and then... just like the old one i'll eliminate as much of the rattles and vibrations i can.

i miss the gears out of the old one, even going 60ish in this thing 5th gear is just too tall to be usefull. once summer hits and i can drive the firebird again i'm for sure putting lower gears in the transfercase.

the power steering is nice. :lol:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I knew you'd get it! 8)

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

That looks cool :D