HI, and I need DS help

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MONSTER
Approved Member

HI, and I need DS help

Post by MONSTER »

Jack Smash from RCTech told me about this forum and it looks like you guys should be able to help me greatly.

I have a box of parts (RC10, T, DS, Nitro DS, GT), and only one chassis. I want to use it for the RC10, so I wanted to "Copy" the chassis as a WHOLE unit for the DS. Is a DS Chassis the same length (WITH Kick-up) as the RC10 but with less kick-up angle (5*). I really just need to make sure I get the length correct right now.

Thanks in advance for any help

scollins
Approved Member

DS help for you

Post by scollins »

Hi
I haved owned three DS associated cars so far. I only own one now...but I think the chassis tub is exactly as the origianl RC10 dimensions. The nose plate is at less of an angle, but I am not sure if the length of the nose plate is the same as a standard RC10 version.. My guess is that it should be really close. I can check for you at a later time , maybe this weekend.
When in doubt, throttle out ...... scollins

MONSTER
Approved Member

Ok

Post by MONSTER »

So, I cut a chassis, and was fairly happy with it. Since the Kick-Up I have seems to have TWO different mounting positions (only 1 set has threads though), I traced out 2 chassis', a "long" and a "short". I believe I cut out the "long" one, because it is the one that was threaded, I didnt do any bending yet, like on American Chopper, Im just "mocking up" right now. I started assembly, and the whole rear went together like it came from the factory. I was so proud. As soon as I grabbed the assembled front end, I noticed the wholes didnt seem right. Left to right, they are wider. Front to back, they're TOO close. Anyone familiar with this?
Oh well, only one evening wasted. I'll adjust for it, and maybe even go with some thicker material. Probably have to go to my Dad's and use his shear. It took me 30 minutes to cut the last one out, and its barely thicker than tin. I think it would have been fine for On-Road after I added the planned battery channel and braces. I dont think I would run it Off-Road though.
I'll try to get some pics up soon.