Memory refreshment UPDATED PICS

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bent
Approved Member

Memory refreshment UPDATED PICS

Post by Bent »

Just thought I would share the newest member of my RC family. It is an rc 10 with an Andy's chassis and rear body mount. It has RPM rear arms with buggy? arms out front and what looks to be standard buggy suspension out there. All I need to go fast is some steering arms. Here's the pics if I am wrong or dont know please tell or correct me these RC10's are still new to me.
Attachments
All bodys
All bodys
Nother chassis shot
Nother chassis shot
Chassis shot 1
Chassis shot 1
The other body
The other body
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Re: Just sharing my newes toy.

Post by y2kgtp »

I'm starting to get into the look of the late model oval cars.....

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

that's a composite craft chassis on your car, not an andy's. just letting you know. :wink:

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

scr8p
:o Hince why I said "if I am wrong or dont know please tell or correct me" Thanks bud! I cant wait to drop my spec 19 Chamelean off in it.

y2kgtp
Thats old school bodys there. The new ones will really get you to droolin less you are like me and enjoy that old look.

I do need to break out the duck tape and arizona cans and do a lil reinforcement they are beginning to show their wear but are still verry solid. And the total shipping weight, box and all, was 3.50LBS
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

Need a lil gearing help on this old dog

Post by Bent »

I have many different pinion/spur setups but I was just wondering what would be better to use on this car? Big spur an pinion or what? I have been out of rc racing for about 7 years and I am looking to get back in the swing of thing which I have done now I want to start winning. I have a good car fo the class I run and just want to start getting out front. Please help me with this.
Attachments
Modified
Modified

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Memory refreshment needed.

Post by scr8p »

it's really gonna depend on the size of the track, and every motor likes to be geared a little different. in my 2.25 oval cars, i always seemed to be around 81/32, 84/34. now, that was with a 27t. so, if you'd be running a 19t (as you stated above), you might have to change it around a bit.

also, you might have to oblong the holes on the motor plate to be able to used the large pinions.

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Scr8p when you say "81/32, 84/34" are you referring to how many teath are on the gears? If so I think I know where I need to be. The track that I will be running is right arount 90-100 feet long for the oval and not sure on width. As far as I know the car has a 6 gear tranny not sure if it is the stelth or not. The motor that I am hoping to use in the car is a Chameilian 19t sped mod motor. What ever spec means. All I know is when the car is on the pit stand, 2 2.2 tires, the tires that is in the second picture swell a bit so I am hoping it will get the job done. I also want to thank you it seems that you are always the first to jump in and offer advice, that is one of the reasons I have traded my whole fleet off for rc10's, that and this is an awsome community. So......... Thank You.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

going by the above pics, it looks like a stealth.

yes, the 81/32 would be for the number of teeth on the gears. spur/pinion

when you get to the track, i'm sure there will be plenty of guys there that can help you dial in a gear ratio. if the total driveline of the track is only 100ft., that pretty small. maybe start off with a 81/30. if your getting of the corners good, and the car is winding out before you get into turns 1/3, go up a tooth on the pinion. keep doing that until it winds out just as you let of the throttle to set the car up to get into the corner.

if you get there with an 81/30 and it's not winding out, try dropping to a 29, and so on until it feels right.

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

scr8p Here is a couple pictures that might give you an idea. The figures I gave you was a ball park figure based on the size of the overall track which is and I quote from their site http://www.indyrcworld.net "Indy RC World has an indoor dirt track that supports Off-Road racing. The overall track area is 140 ft. long by 84 ft. wide." I do know what you are talking about doing now just trial nd error deal basically. Any how the only question I can think to ask now would be how do I know when I am topping a motor out I cant hear the electrick motors over rev.

Sorry about the picture quality It was a video filmed with my still camera then put on pc and did a screen shot from vcl player.
Attachments
Turn 1&2
Turn 1&2
Track turn 3&4
Track turn 3&4

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

Re: Memory refreshment UPDATED PICS

Post by Bent »

Well I managed to glue the arm back on my bell crank long enough to get a battery ran through it. I ran across some issues today as well. A: my car stops and I have to hit the trigger twice to go forward when I let of to turn. B: my left tire rubbs the a-arm when I turn, how ever the right tone don't. Other than that and a couple soft shocks I have no issues.

HERE IS A COUPLE PICTURES ENJOY!
Attachments
IMG_0058.JPG
fun
fun

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Bent
Approved Member

Re: Memory refreshment UPDATED PICS

Post by Bent »

Managed to get new steering bell crank from the LHS from a rc10GT works great. Now i just need to sell some stuff and get me a good motor esc so I can go racing.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!