Santa's Loot!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Santa's Loot!

Post by Halgar »

Alright, what did Santa bring all you naughty little boys and girls? 8)
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Santa's Loot!

Post by scr8p »

i'll bet he didn't bring you an rc10. i'd also bet santa didn't build an rc10 for mrlexan. :wink:

i got a pair of hpi wing mounts from noony. thanks ron. :)

it wasn't much of a christmas at my place. with everything going on with me health wise and not working, there really isn't any money to spend. my wife and i got what we could for our son, and that was it. one good thing is he's old enough (14 in 2 weeks) to understand the situation, and excepts it. he might be a pain in the you know what a lot of the time, but deep down he's a good kid. :)

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

scr8p wrote:i'll bet he didn't bring you an rc10.
You'd be right, but that wasn't what was on my Xmas list either. I'm just glad the girlfriend made it home last night from the Northwest. It was touch and go whether the airports would be shut down or not. I've got other friends who had family coming for the holidays and couldn't get off the ground.

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

Wife got me a Ryobi drill to replace my old Dewalt that would not get threw 5 screws on a battery charge...

http://www.ryobitools.com/autoshift/#/autoshift-drill

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

y2kgtp wrote:Wife got me a Ryobi drill to replace my old Dewalt that would not get threw 5 screws on a battery charge...

You'd have been better off if she'd have just bought you a new battery for the DeWalt. Would I be considered biased if I told you I was a Black and Yellow (DeWalt ) fan? :mrgreen:

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

Halgar wrote:
y2kgtp wrote:Wife got me a Ryobi drill to replace my old Dewalt that would not get threw 5 screws on a battery charge...

You'd have been better off if she'd have just bought you a new battery for the DeWalt. Would I be considered biased if I told you I was a Black and Yellow (DeWalt ) fan? :mrgreen:
Its the thought that counts?

I'd rather have a Skil 6-8 piece combo set for less than I know this cost....I don't think she would mind too much.

Oh....and she kinda just looked at my Mini LST2 funny when I unwrapped it from Santa......I guess it goes back to my sales stock :lol:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Losi Micro-T desert for indoor running (pretty cool for a non Associated product).
6000mah 3s Maxamps pack.
A few other non r/c related items. The problem is that we got my daughter a 9 week old puppy and he attacks the Micro-T. :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

y2kgtp wrote:
Halgar wrote:Its the thought that counts?

I'd rather have a Skil 6-8 piece combo set for less than I know this cost....I don't think she would mind too much.

Oh....and she kinda just looked at my Mini LST2 funny when I unwrapped it from Santa......I guess it goes back to my sales stock :lol:
The question is, what was she thinking? :mrgreen: If she wanted "cheap", the least she could have done is buy you a Black and Decker. The only reason I say that is because B&D has owned DeWalt for the past 50+ years. They were the ones who came out with the cordless technology, but they couldn't sell it, so they changed the color and sold them like hotcakes under the DW brand. The B&D and the DW are essentially the same tool - technology wise, so they aren't that far apart in performance. I'd still rather have DW though. 8)

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

Halgar wrote:
y2kgtp wrote:
Halgar wrote:Its the thought that counts?

The question is, what was she thinking? :mrgreen: If she wanted "cheap", the least she could have done is buy you a Black and Decker. The only reason I say that is because B&D has owned DeWalt for the past 50+ years. They were the ones who came out with the cordless technology, but they couldn't sell it, so they changed the color and sold them like hotcakes under the DW brand. The B&D and the DW are essentially the same tool - technology wise, so they aren't that far apart in performance. I'd still rather have DW though. 8)
I think she ment 1 nice present this year each....the drill is nice, I can't complain over it.....feels much nicer than my DeWalt that is 8+ years old, and very solid. I guess I will get a saw tool that works with the batteries as well.....

I was going to just replace the Nicads with NiMH cells and use my RC chargers to keep them maintained, but I guess I got a new drill now :mrgreen:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I am all up in trying to figure out my new handheld GPS, Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx. I have really wanted one with all the outdoors stuff we do, especially now that my father is talking Appalachin Trail sabatical these days. This gift came as a complete surprise to me and I am geeked.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

Halgar wrote:

I returned the Ryobi the other night.....I'd like a combo pack, so may head to Sears to look for deals.....

I'm going to build some new batteries for the DeWalt as well, i have decided.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

y2kgtp wrote:I'm going to build some new batteries for the DeWalt as well, i have decided.
I was thinking of that myself, but had better thoughts after opening up on of the batteries. The cells are glued together, different sizes (diameters ), and the bars are spot welded, not soldered. You might consider sending them to this place for a rebuild instead. They rebuild for about half the price of new. Also, check out Amazon.com for new batteries, I found them not long ago, a two pack for $90, to buy locally they're $90 each.

http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

Halgar wrote:
y2kgtp wrote:I'm going to build some new batteries for the DeWalt as well, i have decided.
I was thinking of that myself, but had better thoughts after opening up on of the batteries. The cells are glued together, different sizes (diameters ), and the bars are spot welded, not soldered. You might consider sending them to this place for a rebuild instead. They rebuild for about half the price of new. Also, check out Amazon.com for new batteries, I found them not long ago, a two pack for $90, to buy locally they're $90 each.

http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/
I have been cycling then a bit, and get about 750mah out of them each....wonder if they were 1500mah cells to start?

I thought of getting a couple cheap 7.2v packs on sale, and rebuild one and see how it does.....

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

If you're used to building batteries, then it probably won't be that big a deal for you, but it was way more than I wanted to tackle.

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

mrlexan wrote:I am all up in trying to figure out my new handheld GPS, Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx. I have really wanted one with all the outdoors stuff we do, especially now that my father is talking Appalachin Trail sabatical these days. This gift came as a complete surprise to me and I am geeked.

Thats a nice model!!! I got the garmin 200 for christmas. I needed one for work and even though its the bottom of the line it does the job. My step mom stood in line on black friday to get it, having your parents retired 7 siblings and 8 grand kids money doesn't go far so I was happy with my GPS. Good luck figuring yours out, mine is cake.