B4 parts

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

cherokee

B4 parts

Post by cherokee »

Got some questions reguarding using new parts on older buggies. I have seen build threads but would like to see something all in one place that has part numbers to go from the older buggy to the newer buggy.

What parts do you need to change out the susp on an old gold gub rc10 buggy to put B4 parts on it?

What parts do you need to change out on a B3 to use new B4 parts.

Some B3 parts are just hard to find, and I would like go get my gold tub to run at least a little better with the newer buggies....I just love running the old stuff, I just would rather risk the new parts then the old stuff.

Thanks for your help.

scr8p
Administrator

Re: B4 parts

Post by scr8p »

cherokee wrote:Got some questions reguarding using new parts on older buggies. I have seen build threads but would like to see something all in one place that has part numbers to go from the older buggy to the newer buggy.
is so much easier when someone just hands you the info, huh? :lol:
cherokee wrote:What parts do you need to change out the susp on an old gold gub rc10 buggy to put B4 parts on it?
that's gonna depend on what b4 parts you want to use. not to mention, everyone is gonna have their own way of doing it. look through the build threads and find something you like. most people describe what they did, and what parts they used, good enough so that you can go hunt them down for your own build. but, there's pretty much nothing that is gonna be a direct fit from a b4 to a gold tub. except the trans topshaft ans slipper setup. but that's only if your car has a stealth.
cherokee wrote:What parts do you need to change out on a B3 to use new B4 parts.
i don't have a clue.

cherokee

Post by cherokee »

scr8p wrote: is so much easier when someone just hands you the info, huh? :lol:
Yep I am a believer in not reinventing the wheel...you know share the knowlage kind of thing ;)

I read some of the build threads and they are all over the board as to what they use. Some are simple others are not. I am looking for something as bolt on as possible.

As to the B3 thing, some parts are getting hard to find, if you can simply swap out B3 arms and blocks for the B4 stuff that would make me happy, that is what gets broken most of the time anyway...I just figured that someone here had been down these roads before. And tracks stock B4 stuff, so your evening is not done when you snap an arm.

Rod Rippee

Post by Rod Rippee »

scr8p wrote:
cherokee wrote:Got some questions reguarding using new parts on older buggies. I have seen build threads but would like to see something all in one place that has part numbers to go from the older buggy to the newer buggy.
is so much easier when someone just hands you the info, huh? :lol:
cherokee wrote:What parts do you need to change out the susp on an old gold gub rc10 buggy to put B4 parts on it?
that's gonna depend on what b4 parts you want to use. not to mention, everyone is gonna have their own way of doing it. look through the build threads and find something you like. most people describe what they did, and what parts they used, good enough so that you can go hunt them down for your own build. but, there's pretty much nothing that is gonna be a direct fit from a b4 to a gold tub. except the trans topshaft ans slipper setup. but that's only if your car has a stealth.
cherokee wrote:What parts do you need to change out on a B3 to use new B4 parts.
i don't have a clue.

There is 40 seconds of my life I will never get back.
Team Associated, Reedy, LRP, JConcepts, B&L Hobbies, Avid Race Concepts, Byrons, TNT-FX.com, RC10B4.com, Kiefer Designs

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Rod Rippee wrote:There is 40 seconds of my life I will never get back.
i'm sorry for any inconvienence. from now on i'll make sure all of my posts contain exactly what you want to know.

carloco8
Approved Member

Post by carloco8 »

cherokee, try PM'ing the particular project builder. I'm sure they'd be more than glad to help you out.

I can help you out with some B4 to B3 parts. You can put B4 rear hubs and cvds, and front castor blocks, axles and spindles on a B3 to run B4 rims at the proper width. Unfortunately, it requires drilling out the hinge pin holes in the B4 parts to fit the thicker B3 hinge pins. Then there's the B4 top shaft and slipper upgrade that will fit on the B3/T3/B2/T2/rc10/10t were you can find the parts needed in the "useful links" thread in "temple's tech" sub-thread. Anymore upgrading, and I suggest just getting a B4 :wink:
Old school racing all the way!