Craigs List

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Craigs List

Post by Halgar »

Anyone ever look at Craigslist for R/C's? It's a worldwide "garage sale" site. I was putzing around there today and saw a few interesting things.

I found a rototiller two years ago and a chipper last year on craigslist. It's a decent place to shop if you know what you're looking for.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

shodog
Approved Member

Re: Craigs List

Post by shodog »

I cruise craigslist but haven't really had much luck in buying things. people seem flaky on it.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i bought my sammy off craigslist.

i dont ever find squat for rc cars.

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

I have about the same luck as hoop on the CL. lots of RC cars, but most ad's read something like "super fast NTC3 RTR, paid 300 will sacrifice for 275!!!" I do have pretty good luck on there with vintage honda motorcycles and parts though! :wink:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Most of the RC stuff I've seen has been over priced, though I did come across an ad today that seemed fairly reasonable, though since I'm not a buggy guy "reasonable" could mean "rape and pillage the unsuspecting". :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Unless you are located in a big city, it ain't worth squat. I am sure if you in Cali, Chicago, etc. you could find some nice deals.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

There is a web search somewhere out there that will search ALL CraigsLists everywhere for a particular item you are seeking. I have used it to find bikes and parts out there before. For small items like R/C, most people would ship, but like others have said, CraigsList is free and filled with LOTS of very flaky people.

If eBay was a 99 out of 100 good deals, CL would be 99 out 100 gone awry for one reason or another. Very little responsibility for the seller to actually call you back or e-mail you back, or even sell you their item.

Caveat emptor.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I have to agree with the 'flaky' factor. I have found a couple items on craigslist, but what I use it for is to get rid of stuff without having to take a trip to the dump.

Say you have some old windows from a remodeling project--- 5 cents a pound at our transfer station to get rid of it. :shock:

Post it for free on craigslist-- 20 emails in an hour!! ;)
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

My 2nd gold tub 6 gear I picked up off CL for $50. I cruise CL for RC10s regularly. (mainly since E-Pay is blocked here at work).

I've seen everything accross the board, good deals and people asking well above retail prices for cars needing lots of work.

Trying to work out a deal for a Recaro baby seat for my son. found a new one on CL for $225 sells new for 250 might try and go $200.

MOmo

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Eau Rouge wrote:There is a web search somewhere out there that will search ALL CraigsLists everywhere for a particular item you are seeking.
My sister found that search engine a few days ago. Now, if there were a way to bulk post items across the board as well. :lol:
Eau Rouge wrote:CraigsList is free and filled with LOTS of very flaky people.

If eBay was a 99 out of 100 good deals, CL would be 99 out 100 gone awry for one reason or another. Very little responsibility for the seller to actually call you back or e-mail you back, or even sell you their item.
Interesting. I've not used it to sell things yet, but the items I've been interested in have gotten email replies back within 24 hours. The folks I've met have been great. The world is full of flakes, I doubt that CL is any worse than SleazeBay or anywhere else when it comes to that. Ya also got to figure that if you don't get a response to an inquiry, the item is either sold or they really aren't that interested in selling whatever that item is. Ebay is no different in that respect either.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

Eau Rouge wrote:There is a web search somewhere out there that will search ALL CraigsLists everywhere for a particular item you are seeking. I have used it to find bikes and parts out there before. For small items like R/C, most people would ship, but like others have said, CraigsList is free and filled with LOTS of very flaky people.

Caveat emptor.
crazedlist.org

CM_113
Approved Member

Post by CM_113 »

badhoopty wrote:i bought my sammy off craigslist.

i dont ever find squat for rc cars.
same here, i find more hellios , and planes , than trucks and crawlers
NCRCC Fall Series Sponsors
T1Erc - KC Hobbies - Z&Z Hobbies - Anderson RC

NCRCC Fall Series Sponsors
T1Erc - KC Hobbies - Z&Z Hobbies - Anderson RC

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

I love finding stuff on CL. I have got some good deals locally. I suppose it probably helps that I'm in Houston. There is usually 5-10 new RC items posted on CL a day here. I have never tried to have anything shipped though. I don't think I would chance it unless it wa something hard to find and cheap, which you guys know almost never happens lol....

Inspector Gadget
Approved Member

Post by Inspector Gadget »

Check out "California" "Inland Empire" RC10T and traxxas a friend posted his trucks on there for sale they can be puchased all together or just parts, lots of good stuff!!!!

Inspector Gadget
Approved Member

Post by Inspector Gadget »

hope that my last post doesn't make any body mad I don't have access to the BST part of this site yet and need to sell this stuff

Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>