Hey everyone! It's been a long time.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

WillyThickfoot
Approved Member

Hey everyone! It's been a long time.

Post by WillyThickfoot »

Hey guys & gals. I hope everyone has been doing well. I guess it's been a couple years since I been logged on. Life has been a bit hectic. Most of you were aware my dad passed back in 2015 and then mom was gone a few years back. I bought out my siblings and took possession of our family home and property on my birthday. June 16th 2020. Things got busy with restoration of the house and landscaping etc and never got to play with my toys for a while. Oct 19,2021 I was processing a dear in my driveway and the big one hit me. I made it to the hospital and was transferred to St Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg Mb Canada where I was brought back 3 times and received 3 stents. I was a dead man and and without intervention I would have stayed that way. I quit smoking as did my wife. Neither of us have touched tobacco since then. Oct 22,2022 I was back in the same hospital with another heart attack getting 2 more stents. Luckily I felt the warnings ahead of time and it was not so dramatic as the first one. I'm very fortunate to be here and able to tell you about it and to take the time to tell all of you how much I appreciate all the years of friendship and helping me get the most out of this hobby. I wish we all lived closer to each other because there are so many of you that I wish I could have a beer or a coffee with. So many good people on here and clodtalk and I appreciate all of you. If any of you smoke, please try to stop. Cut down a little on the suger. I've always been tough as woodpecker lips but I never had a chance. Thanks for listening guys and please be well.
Attachments
Hello from myself and my wife Rhonda and my son Mike
Hello from myself and my wife Rhonda and my son Mike

TRX-1-3

Re: Hey everyone! It's been a long time.

Post by TRX-1-3 »

I really have no business posting in response here Mr. Thickfoot, but, life man, life keeps happening...good to hear that thick foot is still kickin'! It's delicate. Life. And tobacco is a killer for sure.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

That's a lot to go through ! Best of luck in future and be good to have you back around .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Glad you pulled through.

My dad had a heart attack a few years back. Main artery was 100% blocked. He coded on the table while putting stents in and they had to bring him back. To this day he still has a hard time believing it happened. Still smoking though...

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Glad you had the right people in the right place to keep you kickin'. Mother in law smoked for years and was the primary reason she had many issues. Hard to see the decline and have my wife deal with it.

So much stuff in the rc world has happened you can probably read for a year and not be totally up to speed.