RC10GX Stealth Masami 1989 Australia World Champ Replica

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

Re: RC10GX Stealth Masami 1989 Australia World Champ Replica

Post by scr8p »

I don't believe the RCPS Turbo Mirage was out yet at that time. From what I can see, most of the AE guys ran the RCPS Mirage SS...... Masami not included.

Lgibjones

Post by Lgibjones »

Hello,

I have a kit on the way from Andrew and am sourcing the remaining parts to go with it. Andrew recommends an RC10T as a donor car, but these seem to be getting expensive. I am curious if there are other good donor car options - how much crossover is there between the 10T and the T2 and B2?

Thanks!

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

The B2 and T2 use a different gearbox that won't mount on the chassis
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Just find a nice 10t, use what you need from it and sell the leftovers. The T2 will give you the closest amount of useable parts compared to the B2, but they're not all that cheap anymore either. And, you will still need a complete 2.25 stealth diff and motor plate because you can't use those from the T2.

Lgibjones

Post by Lgibjones »

Thanks

AndrewCooke

Post by AndrewCooke »

FYI:
For driving/racing oriented builds, as you've mentioned the Stealths and RC10T are getting more scarce/costly, I am currently working on two new OPTION gearbox casings to give people a choice:
  • B2/B3/T2/T3 --> I think they all use the same gears - but I'm modelling using B2 and T2 gears --> these have 2.4:1 ratio
  • B6.x --> this has a 2.6:1 ratio
These option casings should be available within the next ~month once I've finished testing/refining them...

Note: they do require, and will come with, a modified Rear Bulkhead and the B6.x will also come with modified Rear Suspension Mounts too.
They both require a small recess to be dremelled out of the chassis where the diff gear drops below the top surface of the chassis, the sets will come with a template component to mark and check the recess.
Once all installed from the outside it will look pretty much the same for the B2etc version.
The B6.x version has bulges for the bearings - so will not look perfect replica, but otherwise similar shape.

(I still recommend the RC10T as the ideal donor car - but this gives people options ;-) )
Andrew Cooke
Grand Prix 3D
http://www.GrandPrix3D.com

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

The T2 and GT share the same diff. They're 2.60. The idler gears and top shaft are the same as the 2.25.

B2/B3/T3 have the 2.40 with the separate idler shaft/ gear.... like the rere Worlds cars. Though the gear size is smaller on the rere I believe.

AndrewCooke

Post by AndrewCooke »

...oh interesting!

I have a B2 gearbox that I've used to therefore make at least a 'B2 compatible 2.4:1' casing! ;-)
This has the slightly larger diff gear than the original stealth, but smaller than the 2.6:1 type, and yes the bigger idler and same sized top layshaft gears.

I thought the T2 was also the same as the B2 - so I'm now confused about that haha :P

The Worlds ReRe has identical sized gears/teeth to the original Stealth and my current kit, and spare parts, casing comes with the optional 'ReRe' variant where the idler shaft goes into the casing (as you noted!)
Andrew Cooke
Grand Prix 3D
http://www.GrandPrix3D.com