91 RC10 Stealth Car Replica Chassis Kit

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Ironhead888

91 RC10 Stealth Car Replica Chassis Kit

Post by Ironhead888 »

I was just wondering if anyone is still making these chassis kits, either the NIX91 or the Justin/Fred version? Maybe someone has a spare that they'd like to sell or trade?

Thanks in advance

Subboy

Re: 91 RC10 Stealth Car Replica Chassis Kit

Post by Subboy »

I emailed him a week back and haven’t had a reply, I believe they stopped making them a while back now 🥺

Ironhead888

Post by Ironhead888 »

I was going to do the same thing, I ordered one of the Neo Vintage 1985 replica kits from Michael Vollmer in the mean time. I was about 7 years late to 91 Stealth party, I most of the other parts saved up, it all started when I found my old copper Yokomo springs in a box.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

That's one of the bummer things about limited production/interest projects! You gotta strike while the iron
is hot! Myself, I never even entertained the thought of faithfully replicating a '91 Stealth. But it was one of the most outstanding and "mission impossible" things I've ever witnessed! Good luck!!
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Subboy

Post by Subboy »

I believe all the 3D printed parts are still available for the NIX91, however the carbon chassis parts are not.
If I could get an accurate drawing/CAD of the carbon chassis parts I could get my carbon fibre guy to make it up.

…..anyone willing to draw out their NIX91 chassis?

cartmen34

Post by cartmen34 »

Subboy,

If you can manage to get a chassis kit made would you consider making a few extra? Ever since jr high school it’s been a dream of mine to have the 91 worlds car. I’d buy at least one chassis kit from you.

Thank you very much!

Subboy

Post by Subboy »

Hi,
Absolutely!
If I can get the CAD/CAM or even a detailed drawing showing sizes etc I will look at getting a few made.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Let's not do that.

Subboy

Post by Subboy »

scr8p wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:49 pm Let's not do that.
Why not?
If the original supplier was still making them, I would buy one…..but if they are no longer interested in making them, then this is the only option

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Actually, as another option, if you order a full set of 91 Stealth parts (Niki's for example) and this book by Steve Husting (the photos provide an excellent reference), you have pretty much everything needed to design your own chassis plates. It's basically an RC10 with modified suspension mounts. :wink:

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/steve-husting/the-stealth-rc10-book-paperback/paperback/product-1w887gw.html?page=1&pageSize=4

Happy New Year everyone!! :D
Doug

Subboy

Post by Subboy »

XLR8 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:50 am Actually, as another option, if you order a full set of 91 Stealth parts (Niki's for example) and this book by Steve Husting (the photos provide an excellent reference), you have pretty much everything needed to design your own chassis plates. It's basically an RC10 with modified suspension mounts. :wink:

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/steve-husting/the-stealth-rc10-book-paperback/paperback/product-1w887gw.html?page=1&pageSize=4

Cheers, yes I’ve got one on order.
That will be the plan if I can’t get the specs of the chassis.

Ironhead888

Post by Ironhead888 »

The books been ordered, I had always wanted to order it anyways, time to find Autodesk Fusion 360.

cartmen34

Post by cartmen34 »

XLR8 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:50 am Actually, as another option, if you order a full set of 91 Stealth parts (Niki's for example) and this book by Steve Husting (the photos provide an excellent reference), you have pretty much everything needed to design your own chassis plates. It's basically an RC10 with modified suspension mounts. :wink:

Book purchased. Thanks for the info!

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

cartmen34 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:22 pm

Book purchased. Thanks for the info!
You are very welcome sir. :D

I think you guys will enjoy this project very much. It's one thing to order a set of parts, slap the car together and admire it on the shelf and an entirely different thing if you invest time to research and design some of the major components yourself. This will encourage you to study the details closely and hopefully gain a greater appreciation for the genius behind this race car.

The 91 Stealth RC10 and others like it were true race cars; yes, they were 1/10 scale and remotely controlled but they were race cars in every sense of the word and created for a single purpose -- to win.
Not like the mass produced RTR's you find these days.
Doug