Hello from Formosa, Ontario, Canada!

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Chickenpuff

Hello from Formosa, Ontario, Canada!

Post by Chickenpuff »

Hey,

My name is Brent and I'm in southern Ontario, Canada. My first hobby grade RC was a goldpan RC10, which I still have, that I bought back in 1989 after saving up for three years. A few years later, I bought a Fine Design Prostock Drag chassis, outfitted with a 9 turn Trinity Monster tri-rotor, a Novak 828 ESC and Futaba radio. Sadly, I never got it up and running, but hope to some day. I was out of the hobby for a couple decades but a few years ago I started poking around again, thinking of modifying my goldpan with a brushless/LIPO setup. I was wisely advised not to, a number of times, and for one reason or another, I have followed that advice. I now know that I actually have an A stamp chassis, so it's going to stay on the shelf. Instead, this summer I picked up a nice little stable of used cars, trucks and a FliteTest foamboard plane, as well as an FPV Inductrix Blade nano drone (bought the drone a few years ago). The stable includes a 2000 Traxxas Bandit, a Traxxas Mini Slash 4x4, a Kyosho Raider, a Team C Racing TC02CST mid-motor stadium truck, two RC10B6's, an RC10B64, and a Losi Baja Rey.

Right now, only the Mini Slash and the Bandit are running. Which is what led me here, to try and sort out some of these cars and get them up and running.

My son and I built the plane this summer and had a blast learning to crash...I mean fly. The first two flights were horrendous, but we have since learned to take baby steps and are doing well. Now that it's too windy to fly and before the snow flies, I would hope to be able to get some of these other vehicles going so my son and I and maybe some of my other (but younger) kids can join us too. I'll post my questions separately (vehicle specific to keep it somewhat organized).

Thanks again and looking forward to getting to know the group. :)

Cheers,
Brent

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Re: Hello from Formosa, Ontario, Canada!

Post by matt1ptkn »

Welcome to the forum!
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

duckhead

Re: Hello from Formosa, Ontario, Canada!

Post by duckhead »

Welcome to the forums, Brent!

Your flight experiences sound largely like how mine have historically went :lol:

->Mark