What should I do with a RC10 World's Car?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Settings

What should I do with a RC10 World's Car?

Post by Settings »

I'm new to forums and RC cars but I recently found in my attic my rc10 world's car in near perfect condition the other day. I never ran it myself beofre then but the guy who gave it to me ran it maybe once. I took it up to a hobby shop and they got it working. I had a lot of people who came into the shop tell me not to drive it and just sell it ad get something a little newer.

I but a kinda generic body on it and have only played with it inside once b/c I'm thinking I should sell it. The box I had it in also has a bunch of vintage parts that are still even in the packaging.

Please let me know what you think I should do b/c I really just wanna drive a fun rc car and be able to buy parts for it when it gets hurt. It seems like there aren't a lot of parts available for this one either. What kind of car should I get that goes fast, can drive on dirt too and has cool bodies and stuff to swap out?

So, I guess I just need to know should try and sell it, how much could I could for these parts and car, how to sell them and what kind of car should I get if I do sell it? Sorry for all the questions, I just got into this and just wanna drive!

jwscab

Re: What should I do with a RC10 World's Car?

Post by jwscab »

if it's truly an original worlds car from the 1993-era and basically brand new, yes it will be worth more than an old beat up gold pan model. The re-release is not as easily available as it once was, so it's really your call. As of the end of 2018 into this year, lots of the parts have become discontinued, so sources are drying up.

that said, the car is certainly tough and can handle you driving it around on most surfaces. if you have a local track that's geared towards smaller scale, ie not a big hoopty 1/8" scale gas track, that's a great place to run it.

alternately, you could check ebay prices for sold examples of the worlds car, and get a feel for what they are selling for. You might decide it's better to sell in super condition and get something a little more modern with more support. or not.

if you decided to run it and wanted to maintain some protection, you can always put on a layer of chassis film to protect the underside.

you will also get more replies if the 'whats it worth' part of this thread is done, and focus on posting some pictures and questions about the car/build/electronics/etc.

as for something different, lots of the new cars have these fugly bodies, unless you are into those cab forward designs.....

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: What should I do with a RC10 World's Car?

Post by klavy69 »

your best bet is put it on ebay and let it ride. You'll get your best price there. ALso, here if you decide to hang around check out some of these links...

READ THIS == The Rules ==

Thanx
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!