Paris attacks

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

uniquenamehere
Approved Member

Paris attacks

Post by uniquenamehere »

Hope all our members in Paris are safe. It's a sad day indeed, thoughts and prayers are with those people today.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: Paris attacks

Post by slotcarrod »

My heart goes out to you all in France. :(

Hope we can stop the "flow" of evil! :evil: Too many healthy military aged males in all those refugees. Where are all the women and children? The ratio is just not right! Is this the new way for ISIL to infiltrate western nations?

cyberfox
Approved Member

Post by cyberfox »

thank you for your thoughts Image

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

I don't follow news I just heard this on the radio today. Sucks to hear about this stuff and to know its never going to stop. It's just a matter of time until it happens again.

mAdMan
Approved Member

Post by mAdMan »

Slotcarrod hit he nail. They are infiltrating, not fleeing.

proffesso
Approved Member

Post by proffesso »

but none of the attackers were refugee's...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34832512
I'm a retro radio control hipster - I only like the stuff no one bought!

Daryl Lane
Approved Member

Post by Daryl Lane »

Thoughts and prayers to those in France and Paris.

Our Daughter is working in Paris at the moment, last Saturday morning after the attacks she boarded a train at 6:00am and went to Normandy for the weekend by herself. Not letting anyone change her time.
Old is more FUN

Team A&L know it all - really :)

LINK TO TALK A&L Off topic/Chit Chat http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31149

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

proffesso wrote:but none of the attackers were refugee's...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34832512
From said article: " The Paris prosecutor's office said fingerprints from the dead attacker matched those of a person who came to Europe with migrants via the Greek island of Leros. The man may have been posing as a Syrian refugee."

proffesso
Approved Member

Post by proffesso »

"may have" and its a suspected fake passport anyway. so he could have come in at anytime.

I think the hysteria is refugee's is utterly pointless. especially watching US republican nominees add to the hysterics, its like watching a comedy satire or something from the Onion....but its not sadly :/
I'm a retro radio control hipster - I only like the stuff no one bought!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Finger prints, not passport dude! Let's think from an ISIL tactical point of view, screw the media! What would you do if you were ISIL? Give your head a shake and think again. Now don't get me wrong! We all know that the majority of refugees are decent people that just want to live peacefully, but all it takes is a few bad apples in the mix. :wink: ISIL would be fools not to capitalize on the wave of refugees!

BTW, I watch CCTV for my news... but they are just commie bastards anyway! :lol:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Actually, the refugee issue is a huge problem for IS. When you're trying to build your Caliphate and people are fleeing in droves, it doesn't make you look very good. As far as it being some kind of great plan for them to infiltrate us, why would they bother going thru the long waiting period to gain refugee status when they could just come here with a passport and visa and do whatever damage they like? As far as them being a majority of military age males, you need to stop listening to Ben Carson and Ted Cruz. There are plenty of sources with real statistics instead of soundbites at the click of your mouse. hint: the majority are not young military age males.

I'm not sure what everyone is afraid of. You've got a WAY better chance of getting shot up by a gun happy US citizen or police officer than you do of being attacked by a Syrian. It's not even a contest.

What's amazing to me is the majority of the people who are against helping these people claim that they themselves are Christians. What would Jesus do? Turn them away? I'm pretty sure he was a refugee himself. Or at least his parents had a hard time finding a place to have him. I bet you wouldn't think turning away Polish refugees in 1939 was a good idea today would you? People thought it was a great idea at the time.

We created this problem. We invaded a sovereign country illegally and removed its government with no exit strategy and total ignorance of the different peoples history in that country. Now we're dealing with the results of our own stupidity. How about we do the responsible thing for once? Help clean up a mess that we made.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

One thing I never do is base an opinion on what some political puppet says. I look at facts, like actual footage. I based my opinion about military aged males long before any media or politician made comment. You can clearly see this for your self in any of the footage! I also like looking at history and like to look from tactical points of view!

Canada is taking in 25,000 in a short time. I have no problem with us taking 25,000 as long as they are screened.

Nice little tidbit of history for ya: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/11/17/what-americans-thought-of-jewish-refugees-on-the-eve-of-world-war-ii/

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Here's another point to consider: If Canada takes in 25,000 Syrian refugees, as we are in a real hurry from the looks of it, and a few of them turn out to be terrorist bad apples...and they cross over into USA and blow something up, what's the opinion of Canada then? Still pointless hysteria now? Who is USA gonna blame now?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

mAdMan
Approved Member

Post by mAdMan »

slotcarrod wrote:One thing I never do is base an opinion on what some political puppet says. I look at facts, like actual footage. I based my opinion about military aged males long before any media or politician made comment. You can clearly see this for your self in any of the footage! I also like looking at history and like to look from tactical points of view!

Canada is taking in 25,000 in a short time. I have no problem with us taking 25,000 as long as they are screened.

Nice little tidbit of history for ya: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/11/17/what-americans-thought-of-jewish-refugees-on-the-eve-of-world-war-ii/
You cannot "screen" refugees with no ID from a 3rd world country. You write down on their new ID what they tell you to. Children under 13? Fine by me, just make sure to teach them with the values that are instilled in the area they are relocated to. And make sure they actually understand and believe.

This is all very scary. What gets me is the males over 18 years old are not willing to fight, yet we are having them come into our country and become our citizens....they won't fight for their own country what makes you think they will give 2 cents for yours?

Also, the Jewish fleeing in WW2 did not shoot up and blow up major cities. It seems we might be more warranted today in trying to keep radical Muslims out.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Seriously Rod, your numbers are based on videos you've seen of the refugees? According to the UN, there are 4,289,792 registered Syrian refugees. You must be watching videos 24/7. But the real numbers are: 40% under age 11. 76.6% women and children under the age of 17. I'm no mathemagician, but I think that would leave somewhere in the neighborhood of 23.4% males 18 and over, give or take.

So you are for taking them in now? I'm glad to hear that. The link to WW2 is exactly what I was talking about. I think we need to be on the right side of history this time, don't you?

mAdMan, as far as the men not willing to fight, I suggest you dig a little deeper into the subject. Most Syrians hate their current regime. They hate IS. Then there are plenty of smaller infighting militias to choose from. Who would they be standing and fighting with? And for what? Many cities have been bombed into rubble. Having said that, there are plenty of people standing and fighting IS and Assad. Not all of them are men! Look up the YPJ, they're a group of Kurdish women who regularly hand defeats to IS. As for Jews not shooting or blowing up anything during WW2, I suggest you look up Jewish resistance. Back to standing and fighting for your land, spend 5 minutes on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgi9tz3IZWQ

Turning away refugees is exactly what IS wants us to do. They're destroying schools and anything remotely Western. If the refugees have nowhere to go, what do you think will happen to them? If they don't go along with IS, they die. We're going to have more and more enemies by turning them back.

You can choose to live in fear or you can choose to love your fellow human being. Yeah, it sounds cheesy but it really is that simple. The people trying to get here have seen horrors greater than you can possibly imagine. They're risking their lives and many are dying and losing their children on the journey just to get away from the war. Everybody is afraid of a scenario that has yet to happen.