Hi from the UK

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

stevejc
Approved Member

Hi from the UK

Post by stevejc »

Hi all
ive been checking this site out for a while and thought nows the time to actualy say something.
Ive got a bit of rc history, had a tamiya Mini Cooper when i was a kid, that got sold when i got my first car and for the following 10 or so years i was heavily into 1;1 classics, yet found myself watching the local RC clubs racing at classic car shows. A few years ago I discovered RC banger racing (destruction derby) with Mardaves and got a little obsessed with it if im honest. Then a couple of years back a mate of mine bought a 1/8 nitro, which led to me buying a Losi 8ight 2.0, then an 8ight 3.0 (novarossi, carbon fibre, the full 9 yards) Then i looked into the history of losi and bought a new but badly built JRXS type R to restore and convert to a drifter, then restored a XXCR Kinwald, recently found an unbuilt XXXCR kit, complete with a CR2 Atomic Carbon Mid motor conversion and lots of goodies (its almost complete but most of the kit is still in the box!). Then I got the urge to restore a JRXS and have just bought a JRX pro, authough most of it is missing, but for what i paid im willing to take a while restoring it.

Keen on Losi? Nope, full on obsessed I think!

DaveM
Approved Member

Re: Hi from the UK

Post by DaveM »

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the madness. :!:

We like lots of pics here.

Cheers, Dave. :)

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

You've come to the right place 8) There are quite a few Losi nuts on here!!

stevejc
Approved Member

Post by stevejc »

Cheers guys. Heres a couple of pics of what got me started, they dont really fit in the main part of the forum so it only makes sence to put them here i guess. Started with a Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR in blue, which soon received a new body and wheels and looked like this.

Handled like a sack of spuds, didnt seem to allow enough air through so it didnt last long. Looked cool tho. Ended up looking like this. Now has the vw wheels on it but no pics

Then i bought the 3.0 and wanted to do it justice

Now sits at the right hight on the right tyres. As yet unused as i seem to be enjoying the builds too much

XXXcr kinwald, first restoration from a pile of dust, to this

I have other wheels that fit, but there nicer and are saved for the XXXcr2 which is partly built. My JRXS Type R is only a chassis but heres a pic

And finaly a JRX Pro which ive just got and looks like this

Restoring it to a complete car, only for the shelf tho. Currently looking for some white/natural rear logo wheels if anyone has any?

And thats it for now, until ebay throws something up.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I really like the paint on the 3.0, gives it a Formula One edge.

Actually, they are all worth owning. Good on ya.