On the bench...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

On the bench...

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I'm sure a lot of members are probably like me. No major builds, but plenty of small projects. I'm currently giving my Pumpkin a little tlc. My new workbench is still a work in progress, but this old one is doing for now. What's everyone else wrenching on at the moment?

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

GoMachV

Re: On the bench...

Post by GoMachV »

Zerda broke down for cleaning
Radicator assembled waiting for anno
Hawk waiting for anno
Stinger MKII waiting for body mounted, soda blast cast parts
Stinger MKI disassembled and cleaned, waiting for reassembly
Red Prince mount body
Stealth car rounding up parts
A-Main bullet broke down for anno
Kyosho HOR bike waiting to be built
Kyosho Honda gen 1 disassembled for resto
Kyosho Chevy trans disassembled for cleaning
Bolink invader install body mounts and body (thanks Jay!)
Worlds car finish 4wd setup :mrgreen:
Scorpion install radio gear and paint body

I'm probably forgetting a couple :lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I'm replacing a broken body mount on my Midnight Pumpkin... :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

wolking on the 93 works yokomo, but have started some of my JRX2 pro, and se, and lxt,, gathering what parts still needed to finish, while building what i can with what i have.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

-"Red Tide" A.R.T. Agitator...project in limbo as I can't find even a single T-bar pivot mount anywhere.

-AE RC12L3 temporarily on hold until I can order some special inkjet waterproof sticker paper, but otherwise close to being finished, aside from body paint & electronics.

-CYANide is currently back on the bench; I need to fabricate a Lexan under-tray like I did for Barney...then try to resolve some cogging issues with an old Castle Sidewinder Sport ESC and SpeedPassion 17.5T motor. Looks like I could fix that with some ESC tuning that's only available with the Castle Link cable & software, which I don't have. I've improved things with the manual tuning but it looks like I need to modify punch control and start power.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

is the castle esc sensored?

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

alien3t wrote:is the castle esc sensored?
Nope, it's one of their earlier ones. Unsensored ESC & motor.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

if the speed passion motor is a sensered version, you will have cogging. lower wind sensered motor on a sensorless esc will cause less cogging. Did that with a sensored 17.5 lrp no matter what i did, cog. dropped to a 13.5 then a 10.5 and i didnt feel any cogging.

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

I'm just in the process of procrastinating a paint job for my new Jrx2 carpet oval conversion. Also trying to tune an RC10 6 gear for optimal speed. (Yes I have been following that thread, too.)

P.S. I like your stash of Nintendo games. 8)
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

My workbench is rather unusual,its a ex v8 supercars front bumper /spoiler that I built a cupboard / coffee table into.. It has a 3door cupboard underneath and laminated top that follows the shape around the grill area and is straight across the cupboard door side, I also put some casters under it.. It is always covered in crap from wrenching on projects,speaking of I have a graphite chassis that I am cleaning up for shelf life in a worlds towers and b3 shocks type build. I have been cleaning and gathering bits for a Cpl of 10t's I am having second thoughts about which way to go and I am doing a lazer zx with fybrelyte towers and possibly different shocks and I have two modern 4WD's a b44.2 and a bmax4 factory that I got for a to good to refuse deal from mates that I am trying to setup with the same electronics to do some back to back testing one day but by the time I get to them they will probably be vintage. Will have to try and get a Cpl of pics of work area...

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

alien3t wrote:if the speed passion motor is a sensered version, you will have cogging. lower wind sensered motor on a sensorless esc will cause less cogging. Did that with a sensored 17.5 lrp no matter what i did, cog. dropped to a 13.5 then a 10.5 and i didnt feel any cogging.
Both motor and ESC are unsensored and I have minor cogging. I've read that it can be all but eliminated with some tweaking with Castle Link, but I'll have to get one of those. At the moment I'm limited to what I can tune manually, but I can't adjust the punch curve or motor start power without Castle Link.
SpeedPassion_SportTuned_17.5T.JPG
SpeedPassion_SportTuned_17.5T.JPG (33.3 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
SpeedPassion_SportTuned_17.5T.JPG
SpeedPassion_SportTuned_17.5T.JPG (33.3 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

pumkin is a great truck .. i use to have the chrome chassy kit for mine but its long gone now

the only project im working on now is ebay lol

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

I unfortunately have 2 workbenches... and one is huge. So of course, it's covered with projects. There are even cars hanging from hooks on the ceiling above them. :lol:

I'd say at least 15, in all different states of completion.

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

bully wrote:My workbench is rather unusual,its a ex v8 supercars front bumper /spoiler that I built a cupboard / coffee table into.. It has a 3door cupboard underneath and laminated top that follows the shape around the grill area and is straight across the cupboard door side, I also put some casters under it.. It is always covered in crap from wrenching on projects,speaking of I have a graphite chassis that I am cleaning up for shelf life in a worlds towers and b3 shocks type build. I have been cleaning and gathering bits for a Cpl of 10t's I am having second thoughts about which way to go and I am doing a lazer zx with fybrelyte towers and possibly different shocks and I have two modern 4WD's a b44.2 and a bmax4 factory that I got for a to good to refuse deal from mates that I am trying to setup with the same electronics to do some back to back testing one day but by the time I get to them they will probably be vintage. Will have to try and get a Cpl of pics of work area...
Let us see that workbench, sounds like a piece of art :D
Gone fishing

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I clean up from time to time, so it never gets more than 3 projects give or take. Right now I have a grasshopper/lunchbox mishmash getting ready for the kids to play around in the yard. Started as grasshopper but really the lunchbox/bigger tires I think will be more fun for them right now.

secondly, lots of hand scribbled drawings and b4 slipper parts making a custom schumacher layshaft for a fellow member. tends to leave me with calipers, punches, etc, layout tools all over the place.