xanadu
Approved Member

Bolink invader box car

Post by xanadu »

KGrHqJHJCE9SlMoRBPQVWw3g60_12.JPG
KGrHqJHJCE9SlMoRBPQVWw3g60_12.JPG (32.85 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
KGrHqJHJCE9SlMoRBPQVWw3g60_12.JPG
KGrHqJHJCE9SlMoRBPQVWw3g60_12.JPG (32.85 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
Started new thread to post the pics of the nitro Invader that Came with the Box cover body that I picked up years ago. Sorry I robbed all of the radio gear and fuel tank and cleaned all of the Georgia clay off of it. I wish I had left it dirty. I'm sure the car was ran with a different body because the box cover body has scratches from handling over the years at trade shows, but no running scratches. It also has a different driver. The coolest detail that I never noticed on the box until I got the body is the way that they used staples instead of tape to build the rear spoilers! That's what the squiggly lines are on the back. Notice that it had no brakes? And the way it was set up, the throttle servo was on the chassis with the linkage going to the flexible rear pod so I bet that every time it hit a bump, it would rev up or lose power. I was going to mount the throttle servo on the rear of the pod so it would "look" more functional. I was never planning on running it.
Attachments
DSCF001811.jpg
DSCF001511.jpg
DSCF001411.jpg
DSCF001311.jpg
DSCF001211.jpg
DSCF001111.jpg
DSCF000411.jpg
DSCF000211.jpg

GoMachV

Re: Bolink invader box car

Post by GoMachV »

Wow that's awesome! An old Cox .15, that would have been interesting on a light car. It was no powerhouse but power to weight should have been good. I'm betting they used a heatsink, clamp on style was popular back then
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website