Out of retirement, my RC10 Graphite

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

lilman573

Out of retirement, my RC10 Graphite

Post by lilman573 »

Just wanted to drop a note here. Found this board while looking for some part information for my rc10. My uncle bought it new and gave it to me in the late 80s early 90s. I was young and really drove the hell out of it. I had no mercy so it is by no means a trophy piece.

Recently my nephew has gotten into rc cars, and I figured I would get this going so we can race a little bit together. Can't wait to clean her up. Being 30 and an electrical engineer, I can't believe I ran it this way :) loose wires, things not setup right, no cover on the back gears....

Man has the technology changed. Can't wait to see what the new speed controllers, brushless motors, and lipo batteries can make this thing do. Thanks for the wealth of information here.

-John

Using Tapatalk

lilman573

Re: Out of retirement, my RC10 Graphite

Post by lilman573 »

Sorry, I meant to ask. I've got a few broken parts. I know its a long shot, but can I still get them anywhere?
Using Tapatalk

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yes, everything should be available now. The classic was released a while back so support is good, and the worlds car is currently available so those parts are as well. Should have no trouble
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Very cool car, and welcome. A lot of hobby shops carry the parts, such as Tower Hobbies and some local shops. You can buy directly from Associated's website too.

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Good looking buggy. Doesn't look to beat... still has tread on the tires :D You will be amazed by lipo batteries and brushless setups. I suggest checking out hobbyking for batteries. I run the Nanotech 5800mah which requires little modification of the battery cup to fit. You may also have to trim the ear on a standard size servo. You will see others use shorty packs which simply require a B4 battery strap and hardware. Hold on to your hat as you will be amazed by the new technology.

lilman573

Post by lilman573 »

I see i broke protocol already! If a Mod wants to move this to the introduction section that would be great. I did this from my phone and hadn't visited the website until this morning.

I also saw the tech thread on batteries, chargers and speed controllers. I may have pulled this out for my nephew, but i might be playing with it more than him! I actually sent a picture to the uncle that gave it to me and he was amazed i even still had it!
Using Tapatalk

dbs179
Approved Member

Post by dbs179 »

Having just been down the same path, all the new tech was daunting to me at first, but the tech threads here helped a ton. I was very shocked at how well some of the low dollar options for radios, ESC's and brushless motors work. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how much performance you will see out of the new technology. I know I was. Now get that Graphite back out there and post a few more pictures!
Thanks,
Dave

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

I also still have my 1st rc10 which is a graphite. It now has b4 wheels and tires and I think the only original parys are the chassis and the outdrives since they were like new. The rest is all rpm, andys, rouge aluminum stealth case, carbon fiber towers, carbon fiber trans brace and battery strap, lunsford titanium turnbuckles,blue screws and threaded b4 worlds shocks, aluminium wing I made, andys wide front bumper and it has associated 2.4 radio and brushless setup from a b4. It sits on my shelf now but its so nice I cant bring my self to run it so I built another rc10. I love seeing these brought out from the basement and welcome aboard!
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

lilman573

Post by lilman573 »

chophead69 wrote:I also still have my 1st rc10 which is a graphite. It now has b4 wheels and tires and I think the only original parys are the chassis and the outdrives since they were like new. The rest is all rpm, andys, rouge aluminum stealth case, carbon fiber towers, carbon fiber trans brace and battery strap, lunsford titanium turnbuckles,blue screws and threaded b4 worlds shocks, aluminium wing I made, andys wide front bumper and it has associated 2.4 radio and brushless setup from a b4. It sits on my shelf now but its so nice I cant bring my self to run it so I built another rc10. I love seeing these brought out from the basement and welcome aboard!
Appreciate it! I'd like to see pictures of yours it sounds great. Although, the reason its being brought back out is for use... I'd like to make it look awesome too!! :)
Using Tapatalk

ntstock93

Post by ntstock93 »

lilman573 wrote:Just wanted to drop a note here. Found this board while looking for some part information for my rc10. My uncle bought it new and gave it to me in the late 80s early 90s. I was young and really drove the hell out of it. I had no mercy so it is by no means a trophy piece.

Recently my nephew has gotten into rc cars, and I figured I would get this going so we can race a little bit together. Can't wait to clean her up. Being 30 and an electrical engineer, I can't believe I ran it this way :) loose wires, things not setup right, no cover on the back gears....

Man has the technology changed. Can't wait to see what the new speed controllers, brushless motors, and lipo batteries can make this thing do. Thanks for the wealth of information here.

-John

WOW! Same exact scenario brought me to this forum and then to this thread! I have the same car, same controller and a nephew who got a car for Christmas this year.
Been reading up on all the new stuff.
Can I keep my original rims and buy new street tires? Are they 2.2 size?
Can I run a newer style battery with the old style speed controller?
RC10 GRAPHITE
Stealth 2.25
81 spur/21 pinion
Reedy 3300kv
XP SP SC700-BL Brushless ESC