2014 stealth

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Re: 2014 stealth

Post by NickTheGreek »

I just got mine in from Amain.
Will probably build it in a few hours....I just have to prepare psychologically.
Feels good to finally have a tranny that will handle high Kv and 3s where I can have the power at hand to obliterate the thing on contact. Not that that's the objective.
The color of the case isn't white. It's off white on the beige/grey side.... Noticeably different then the 6gear kit supplied tranny case.
Tried uploading a pic, but the file size using this iPad mini seems to be too big.
Looks just like the pic posted a couple posts above, along with the instructions in the bag.

Edit: if you look at that pic (of the tranny in its packaging) posted like 2 posts back where the top left on top of the trans case (the rim around the slot the screw goes in) seems to have a brown smudge on it, mine has one in the same spot....that edge seems a lil brown (burnt?) n scuffed.
.....not that I'm complaining.....(a brothas happy as all hell)...just an observation.

Bottom Feeder
Approved Member

Post by Bottom Feeder »

Wow, that's cool. I didn't think they had released them yet. Would love to see pics when you get it figured out. Thanks.

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

Yeah, I got lucky.....The Sunday before last ,by chance, I noticed someone on here had mentioned them being "In stock" on Amain, so I rushed over there and ordered one. By Monday morning they were out of stock again.
I had told my local hobby shop to back order me one last month, and I went over there last night and he mentioned his distributor shows "march 4th" , so he should be getting it in a few days after that.....I guess I'm gonna end up with two...Not a bad thing.
I'll try to see if I can somehow manage the file size on this thing...Not only aren't I rc savy, I can't say I'm too tech savy either.
.....but it's exactly the same as the pic a couple posts up, just with instructions included in the bag.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I use "auto resize" from the App Store on iOS, very easy to use and good file size to upload here
It just has you pick a pic from your device and it saves it again as a smaller copy
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

NickTheGreek wrote:I just got mine in from Amain.
Will probably build it in a few hours....I just have to prepare psychologically.
Feels good to finally have a tranny that will handle high Kv and 3s where I can have the power at hand to obliterate the thing on contact. Not that that's the objective.
The color of the case isn't white. It's off white on the beige/grey side.... Noticeably different then the 6gear kit supplied tranny case.
Tried uploading a pic, but the file size using this iPad mini seems to be too big.
Looks just like the pic posted a couple posts above, along with the instructions in the bag.

Edit: if you look at that pic (of the tranny in its packaging) posted like 2 posts back where the top left on top of the trans case (the rim around the slot the screw goes in) seems to have a brown smudge on it, mine has one in the same spot....that edge seems a lil brown (burnt?) n scuffed.
.....not that I'm complaining.....(a brothas happy as all hell)...just an observation.
You might actually have the one they used for the add :D
Morten Max

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

That's the only pic that seems to fit....I took it from far away n tried to zoom in, but if you look close, you can see the small scuff I was referring to on the upper left around that rim where the top screw goes....
It's MUCH more obvious up close...only way I can describe it, is that it looks like the edge of a burnt newspaper.

Thanks for that app info....Tomorrow when I get home from work I'll download it n play with it n upload some pics.
Attachments
image.jpg

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

There one more pic that seems to work.....Sorry for the bad quality.Im taking them from far way and trying to zoom in to make the file fit.

Edit... You can see how dark the plastic is in contrast with white instruction sheet.
Attachments
image.jpg

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Well it looks like the original case. Even down to the top rear most screw hole damage (driver side), most original cases I've handled, have some kind of damage there.
Any way to tell the new one's from the old... ie: markings

Patiofurnituregt
Approved Member

Post by Patiofurnituregt »

marlo wrote:Well it looks like the original case. Even down to the top rear most screw hole damage (driver side), most original cases I've handled, have some kind of damage there.
Any way to tell the new one's from the old... ie: markings
I thought I had mentioned this previously, but I will help clarify.

There are TWO transmission cases, a new case and the original USA case. The two cases are VERY easy to distinguish from each other.

The new case has the ribbing and some internal pockets to improve how the case shrinks when it is cooling after injection. The new case halves are much flatter than the original and the spacers are now molded in as well as the cap. This was done just to minimize the tooling cost since it isn't really necessary for the WC. Also the new transmission case uses an updated idler gear that is more like a B4 idler gear, with the bearings in the gear and uses a B4 idler shaft but the idler tooth count is still the same as the original.

Lastly, both cases are available in spare parts so the oval guys have nothing to worry about (at least for the time being).
Tim Tunnermann
Team Associated Design Engineer
Team Associated | |Reedy | XP Digital | JConcepts | Futaba | Makita | Kicker | LiveRC

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

O interesting! So the worlds gets the updated unit but the trans kit has the original style?
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Patiofurnituregt
Approved Member

Post by Patiofurnituregt »

Correct!

The current stealth transmission kit uses the US made transmission case, diff gear and idler gear AND we have just the US stealth transmission case by itself available.

The new case will come in the kit and in spare parts.
Tim Tunnermann
Team Associated Design Engineer
Team Associated | |Reedy | XP Digital | JConcepts | Futaba | Makita | Kicker | LiveRC

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

So 6564 appears to be the new version,any other part numbers been disclosed?

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Found it I think,ASC6565 appears to be the original case..