Garage sales

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

shodog
Approved Member

Re: Garage sales

Post by shodog »

moto-steve wrote: this guy is crazy to think he can get good money in his front yard.
Exactly. Garage sales are for getting rid of stuff. flea markets are for making money and EPay is for legally raping someone

I've had garage sales where I've had expensive shirts that um..shrunk over time for a dollar and they will come along and want it for 50 cents

moto-steve
Approved Member

Post by moto-steve »

Man that's what I call rolling back prices, 50% off on the shirts not sure how walmart can compete :lol: I love the remark about a certain thing happening on ebay, :lol: you guys kill me with the funny stuff :mrgreen:
Lifes to short not to play with toys.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Would be great if you could send every "wanted: vintage rc stuff" craigslist speculator douchebag to his next yard sale. Park at the curb, put the window down to listen in on the shanigans, and let the hilarity unfold.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
ChisaiKuso wrote:So the guy is a prick just because he wasn't willing to give away his vintage RC cars at ridiculously low prices? I'm just playing the devil's advocate here, but perhaps those of us who feel we are somehow entitled to get bargain basement prices at garage sales are actually the pricks... :?
No, actually it makes him a dumbass. What did he think, that every collector in the U.S. was going to show up in his front yard? :lol: No one is going to pay ebay prices at a garage sale, nor should they be expected too. :roll: Also he needs to trim his bush. He's disgracing the American flag by letting it drag a surface...
Exactly! If you are willing to pay eBay prices, why would you want to take the time and effort to drive out to some ghetto looking house when you can sit in your underwear in front of the computer doing the same thing. What you buy even gets brought to you.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Lowgear wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
ChisaiKuso wrote:So the guy is a prick just because he wasn't willing to give away his vintage RC cars at ridiculously low prices? I'm just playing the devil's advocate here, but perhaps those of us who feel we are somehow entitled to get bargain basement prices at garage sales are actually the pricks... :?
No, actually it makes him a dumbass. What did he think, that every collector in the U.S. was going to show up in his front yard? :lol: No one is going to pay ebay prices at a garage sale, nor should they be expected too. :roll: Also he needs to trim his bush. He's disgracing the American flag by letting it drag a surface...
Exactly! If you are willing to pay eBay prices, why would you want to take the time and effort to drive out to some ghetto looking house when you can sit in your underwear in front of the computer doing the same thing. What you buy even gets brought to you.
Taking a quote from Thumbs book of observations... "Who wears underwear while sitting at home in front of the computer?" :lol:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Diamond Dave wrote:Taking a quote from Thumbs book of observations... "Who wears underwear while sitting at home in front of the computer?" :lol:
GOLD!!!!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

what a jackass.. did you tell him tamiya did a rere on almost all the stuff he has. $200 for this clapped out Hilux!! when he said no i would have spoke to his wife and said "heres my phone number tell him to call me when he wants to take $100 for his clapped out Hilux" 8)

urban hype
Approved Member

Post by urban hype »

I love these guys that think that ebay is the be all and end all of vintage things. I used to buy vintage outboards. I can't tell you how many time people tried to tell me that it is $xyz on ebay and that is all that they are taking. I will tell you for a fact that not only did I get the motors from these same people I usually ended up paying them around 30% of what they were asking for. I found that the RC guys were worst. Constantly I have these guys with broken RC10's with a attack radio and telling me that it is worth $400. The general problem with ebay is that people do not understand about the exchange rates. There are many UK and european buyer that inflate the prices because of the exchange. Wait this guy out and I bet you will get it for pennies on the dollar.

The best advise that I got from the old men at the outboard club is that a vintage items is only worth what some one is willing to pay!
Giving old thing a new life!

Check out my latest project:

The Danny Thompson Nitro Panda from Thunder Tiger
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=33149

urban hype
Approved Member

Post by urban hype »

Unfortunatly these ebay vintage gold diggers are not limited to garage sales. Here is a response that I got today from a kijiji ad poster:

I'll entertain serious offers only.

Avantes list on ebay between 400 and 1250

Vanquish is between 700-800

2013 Egress is around 400 at local hobby shop but requires battery, charger, transmitter, reciever, AA batteries, motor and assembly.

Ive seen vintage egress' unopened listed over 1200

Mine is not new. But ready to run

I will be looking for best offer over 1000.

Sent from my iPhone

I guess he really knows what time it is........
Giving old thing a new life!

Check out my latest project:

The Danny Thompson Nitro Panda from Thunder Tiger
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=33149

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

urban hype wrote:Unfortunatly these ebay vintage gold diggers are not limited to garage sales. Here is a response that I got today from a kijiji ad poster:

I'll entertain serious offers only.

Avantes list on ebay between 400 and 1250

Vanquish is between 700-800

2013 Egress is around 400 at local hobby shop but requires battery, charger, transmitter, reciever, AA batteries, motor and assembly.

Ive seen vintage egress' unopened listed over 1200

Mine is not new. But ready to run

I will be looking for best offer over 1000.

Sent from my iPhone

I guess he really knows what time it is........
:shock: :lol:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

You know if people want/expect eBay prices, than sell it through there! It's like going to a pawn shop and expecting you're going to get paid top dollar.

Also, I've found that the people who are trying to sell these old broken down R/C's for ridiculous amounts usually got them for next to nothing to begin with. Like the garage sale guy with the Hilux. I bet it was given to him or he found it at a flea market or something to that effect.