Kyosho Lazer ZX Sport Questions

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rctodd1624
Approved Member

Kyosho Lazer ZX Sport Questions

Post by rctodd1624 »

Hey guys, I have a few questions. I have a chance to purchase a near mint vintage Kyosho Lazer Sport with boc and manuals etc. I have been looking for a ZX R for a while but have had no luck. Questions, how similar is this so the R version? Could it be upgraded similar to an R version?

Thnx

davsrc

Re: Kyosho Lazer ZX Sport Questions

Post by davsrc »

Your better off waiting for the zx are the zx-r there alot alike. If in not mistaken the zx sport has cheaper materials making up the hole car maybe just the chassis I bought a lazer 2000 from tower for 99.00 in year 2000 thinking I could use the parts to interchange to my older lazers WRONG every part is sloppy softer bendy I think they went to china to manufacture, older kyoshos say japan on alot of parts Someone that owns a sport can give you more info,but the zx and the zx-r can still be had at a good price Ive got seven but cannot sell yet till I do more replies and questions.The zx-r way to go with ball diffs real slipper pads universal front swing shafts and for parts the inferno 10 has same arms, lots of interchangable parts hope this helps, A good price for good condition body wing all parts good tires I might go 75.00, but really if your a racer your going to replace almost the hole car, and if the outdrives are wore I wouldnt buy I dont think the sport even come with bearings and the bushings will wear the out drives to a smaller dia so that if you go with bearings the outdrives will wobble in the new bearing

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho Lazer ZX Sport Questions

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

Lazer 2000 = Lazer Alpha ≠ Lazer Sport.

The Lazer 2000/Alpha has a tub chassis, gearboxes, and arms made from not-so-great ABS (it breaks easily). The bumper is wide but soft. C-hubs, uprights, and rear hubs are nylon and a different design from the original parts. The upper arms are non-adjustable. The shocks are amongst Kyosho's worst (very leaky). Most parts are still compatible with the ZX/ZX-R...

Lazer Sport has a Kelron chassis and alloy shock towers. The upper arms are threaded rods, AFAIK. The rest of the parts should be the same as the ZX/ZX-R, except instead of gold shocks it has the black/silver sport shocks.

I think both cars lack a slipper and have gear diffs. No universals either.