Nemo

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Nemo

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Hope all you guys on the east coast are keeping safe and the lights :idea: stay on for you.
- Brian -

My Gallery

kaiser
Approved Member

Re: Nemo

Post by kaiser »

it's really hard to tell how much so i got. we live on a ridge and the wind blew it around so much there are spots in the yeard with no snow and spot where it's 30 inches.
i'd say the average depth on my driveway was 25 inches. my buddy two towns away had 35" all throughout his place.

some of my employees can't even make it in today because their city hasn't plowed yet. (pretty poorly run city for sure)

civilguy
Approved Member

Re: Nemo

Post by civilguy »

We got about 21" and drifts are easily over 3ft. Our whole yard was grass on Friday. :roll:
I got us all dug out Saturday afternoon and Sunday was business as usual (wife went to work & I went flying rc indoors :D ). The snowblower drive belt did snap just as I put it away (lucky break) so I found a replacement Sunday and installed it as soon as I got home from flying.
Thankfully all the wind took enough snow off our roof that I didn't have to get up there. We had a couple friends who lost power, and a few have passed through for coffee and a shower but they are all up and running already.
I think the worst part now is the huge snowbanks make pulling out of side streets precarious as people still blast down the main roads 20mph over the speed limit. Live free or die!
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff