masami '93 replica runner

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Seabass
Business Member

Re: masami '93 replica runner

Post by Seabass »

Hyeong,

When is the race going to be held? I had a great time at the last vintage race I attended here.

The car is looking great.

Jake

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

19th Oct. unfortunately after you leave korea.
see you this week then

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

a friend sent me this lightweight body he accidentally found last week :mrgreen:
IMG_0566.JPG
it's going to be a replica shell along with the original wing

naushad
Approved Member

Post by naushad »

Accidentally?!??

:lol:

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

yeah it's a package of body and undercover without the tag. the guy who had the package didn't know what it was, and he bought it for $8 shipped even the undercover has been damaged before the deal and i got a new undercover already with the car :mrgreen:
it's such a great project i got here

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

a member sent me these original parts and i replaced my old and hand made parts with them. it was a great help and i appreciated it :D
IMG_0576.JPG
IMG_0584.JPG
now it has ZD-501 front diff outdrives which are correct and even i hop it work better. my ols setup with ZD-500 and tamiya diff rings worked without any issue but the original parts are more than just a setup you guys know. and the tension is quite right with the original bulkhead and 51T pulleys now :mrgreen:
IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

WOW!! :shock:

Looks like you've now got nearly enough parts there to make your 'replica' WCS a genuine car... in fact you probably have more original WCS parts in your build than I have in my car! :D

Good to see the difference in height between the WCS & regular rear bulkhead/diff housing - its more than I thought!!

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

i noticed the template you made is amazingly correct and my job was too :mrgreen: :lol: i'm gonna try the 3rd hole on the original topdeck by your template and maybe i can build another one again. :mrgreen:

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

59burst wrote:i noticed the template you made is amazingly correct and my job was too :mrgreen: :lol: i'm gonna try the 3rd hole on the original topdeck by your template and maybe i can build another one again. :mrgreen:
I must admit it does take some time to draw out these - accurately measuring the centres for the holes is the hardest part, I normally print out the profile out onto a sheet of paper which is fine for checking the outside shape of a part, but quite often the printer cannot print out accurately enough at 1-1 scale - so to a certain extent you have to trust my own measurements for the hole positions which are more critical.

P.S; I posted out those decals a couple of weeks ago - have they arrived yet?

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

i was wondering how you made the templates. and it was very hrad job than i expected. thank you so much. :D
the package has not arrived yet. i'll update once i get it. i'm waiting my airplane to us at this moment but my kids will check the mailbox everyday :D

and i just got this picture from the guy painted my red body.
image.jpg

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

DerbyDan wrote:
ralphee wrote:Dan, are you saying Fibrelyte are using YOUR chassis pattern for the '93...with no consultation?? Its a shame you have not yet driven a Yokomo chassis, some of my fondest meeting memories have been with the brand, and with the obvious being the YZ10...sorry for the hijack.

lee
Lee - I think it may have been a little mis-communication between myself & Fibrelyte. I made the mould & gave them the CAD file for the chassis profile (hence why there is an option for the Masami one - as I did that specifically for Reggie's build). Fibrelyte did offer to send the mould back to me - but I told them to keep it knowing that they would probably be approached by a number of people who had already been in contact with me direct - as I didn't mind those particular people benefitting from my input, this I explained to them. What I wasn't too happy with was that they have listed it on their site for everyone to see & buy... especially as the cost was the same as what I had paid for one of the two chassis that I had made... the first one not being quite to my standards (the rough/bagged finish base in particular) - so to a certain degree I had also paid for their development too :?

Personally I would never deal with Fibre Lyte again. The quality of finish is piss poor. There is no way they come out of a proper mould as described. The surface is rough, warped, the cut out is shoddy as hell, loose fibres left in the middle of weave patterns, etc. Also their customer care is truly shocking. After an issue with their poor workmanship they basically said tough luck bugger off. This was after three months of waiting for them to build them as well. All they care about is taking your money and nothing else. Utter shite company, workmanship, attitude and service. Worst experience ever in rc, or any other matter come to think of it.
GARBO 1/8

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Also, amazing project. It looks really lovely. Good luck in the race! :D
GARBO 1/8

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

kink wrote:
DerbyDan wrote:
ralphee wrote:Dan, are you saying Fibrelyte are using YOUR chassis pattern for the '93...with no consultation?? Its a shame you have not yet driven a Yokomo chassis, some of my fondest meeting memories have been with the brand, and with the obvious being the YZ10...sorry for the hijack.

lee
Lee - I think it may have been a little mis-communication between myself & Fibrelyte. I made the mould & gave them the CAD file for the chassis profile (hence why there is an option for the Masami one - as I did that specifically for Reggie's build). Fibrelyte did offer to send the mould back to me - but I told them to keep it knowing that they would probably be approached by a number of people who had already been in contact with me direct - as I didn't mind those particular people benefitting from my input, this I explained to them. What I wasn't too happy with was that they have listed it on their site for everyone to see & buy... especially as the cost was the same as what I had paid for one of the two chassis that I had made... the first one not being quite to my standards (the rough/bagged finish base in particular) - so to a certain degree I had also paid for their development too :?

Personally I would never deal with Fibre Lyte again. The quality of finish is piss poor. There is no way they come out of a proper mould as described. The surface is rough, warped, the cut out is shoddy as hell, loose fibres left in the middle of weave patterns, etc. Also their customer care is truly shocking. After an issue with their poor workmanship they basically said tough luck bugger off. This was after three months of waiting for them to build them as well. All they care about is taking your money and nothing else. Utter shite company, workmanship, attitude and service. Worst experience ever in rc, or any other matter come to think of it.
Quite the opposite in my experience.
:shock:

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Hyeong, what's the difference in height of the two rear bulkheads?
:shock:

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

kink wrote:
DerbyDan wrote:

lee

Gotto say that aside from the mis-understanding with the selling of my WCS chassis on their website, I have nothing but praise for Fibrelyte/Hansell Composite's service & quality of the product.

The chassis on this car is the first one I had made... it does have the rough 'bagged' finish on the u/side, but this was described to me before it was made - for the 2nd chassis, Fibrelyte were very helpfull in making a 'top' part of the mould to use in conjunction with the lower part I had already made - which gave the same finish on both sides.