Post by ralphee »

Looking forward to this!

lee

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: masami '93 replica runner

Post by DerbyDan »

Cool! Looks like a good start.

How far are you intending to go with turning your works 94 into a 93WCS.... if you go the 'whole hog' as Reggie has I think you'll be surprised how little of your original car will get used.

Must admit the idea of building a 'runner' 93WCS seems very appealing.... I know that with all the work gone into building my Masami replica that i'll never be brave enough to run it... but I keep looking at it and wondering how would handle.... in all my years of R/C racing & with everything I have now learn't during the re-build of my WCS, i've never driven any Yokomo chassis either on or off road.

P.S; Fibrelyte do have on file all of the carbon/G10 93WCS parts - and (MY :evil: ) mould to make the kicked up chassis. I have my 1st test chassis - which has a rough finish to the u/side but would be ideal for a runner - could be a way of saving some $$s?

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Dan, are you saying Fibrelyte are using YOUR chassis pattern for the '93...with no consultation?? Its a shame you have not yet driven a Yokomo chassis, some of my fondest meeting memories have been with the brand, and with the obvious being the YZ10...sorry for the hijack.

lee

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

ralphee wrote:Dan, are you saying Fibrelyte are using YOUR chassis pattern for the '93...with no consultation?? Its a shame you have not yet driven a Yokomo chassis, some of my fondest meeting memories have been with the brand, and with the obvious being the YZ10...sorry for the hijack.

lee
Lee - I think it may have been a little mis-communication between myself & Fibrelyte. I made the mould & gave them the CAD file for the chassis profile (hence why there is an option for the Masami one - as I did that specifically for Reggie's build). Fibrelyte did offer to send the mould back to me - but I told them to keep it knowing that they would probably be approached by a number of people who had already been in contact with me direct - as I didn't mind those particular people benefitting from my input, this I explained to them. What I wasn't too happy with was that they have listed it on their site for everyone to see & buy... especially as the cost was the same as what I had paid for one of the two chassis that I had made... the first one not being quite to my standards (the rough/bagged finish base in particular) - so to a certain degree I had also paid for their development too :?

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

That really does suck.......I've made model patterns in the past and i kinda know how it would feel, to have your work put out there with no say on the matter, putting it in the shop window so to speak is a definite faux pas on Fibrelytes part.

lee

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Looking forward to this build, you'll be in good company 8). The white battery posts can be dyed black, I managed to get some real manky white ones for my build and after a ten minute dye they came out like new.
:shock:

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

a bus riding gave me a chance to read DerbyDan's and Reggie's threads again yesterday. and a few guys pm'd me on the parts i need while i was on the bus. a sudden idea made me start this project. but i can see this one would be such a fun to more than a few yoke freaks like me :mrgreen:

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

DerbyDan wrote:
How far are you intending to go with turning your works 94 into a 93WCS.... if you go the 'whole hog' as Reggie has I think you'll be surprised how little of your original car will get used.
i'm thinking what i have to make, buy, or find in my boxes. and, the idea i got in my mind is making the towers and top deck if i can't find them. but i can see i need more parts than i expected while i keep reading the tread you guys made. :mrgreen:
i'll pm you for some information and the chassis you made :wink:

and i noticed i missed Alex B's nice project.
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26696

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

Hello,
thanks for your advice and offer first of all. I'm starting this project with just a simple idea that i've been running yoke buggies and got plenty of new and used parts here. but as you told me, it's bit different and i need some helps from many different people and sources.

can you show me the picture of the chassis from your mold? i'm wondering how the finish is rough and if i can use it
appreciate your help

Hyoeng

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Don't forget about your special belt lengths, and pulley sizes for the WCS, as they are a good deal different from the 94'

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

i've been talking to the WCS experts in the forum. and i noticed i need more parts than i expected as DerbyDan said :lol:
but i found lightened diff outdrives on my yz10 runners, and found this m2 95t belt too along with the rear shock mounting post(?). the pulley in the picture is 52t and not for this build. it's for large diff ring on 870C and Works
Attachments
IMG_8174.jpg

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

fakiee found me this ebay store and i have bought the m2 center pulley and inner disk from the sellr :D
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rc-broc-auto/YZ-10-/_i.html?_fsub=481127719&_sid=114218349&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

59burst wrote:fakiee found me this ebay store and i have bought the m2 center pulley and inner disk from the sellr :D
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rc-broc-auto/YZ-10-/_i.html?_fsub=481127719&_sid=114218349&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

It wasn't me Governor!! :shock: :wink: