who likes fat bikes??

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

Re: who likes fat bikes??

Post by longboardnj »

kaiser wrote:remember the "big wheels" ? i think yammer made them, there was an 80 and a 125.
my neighbor had the 125, he aslo had a pocket rocket. those were the days.....we sure do say that alot around here.
yea no fun anymore.. nothing cool anymore all new bikes and quads are the same crap foolinjected and tons of wires. ever hear the term pussyfooting i think thats that term for kids today.. whats wrong with your foot you cant kickstart 50 cc to 200 cc bikes you need elec starters?? anyway bigwheels were cool alot of people combined the big bigwheels with tws to make street legal big wheels. one guy used a big wheel front end and tw2oo with a 350 head making a street legal 350 bigwheel.. very cool .. was the pocket rocket the mod that made the atc 250r (2stroke) trike to a bigwheel? if yes they were crazy.. people would make then with cr500 motor and made 500 cc 2stroke big wheel ,very crazy
think yamaha had 200 and 350 bigwheel too check out vid ...
[youtube]0lB0FZ1sA4A[/youtube]

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

the pocket rocket was also known as the ysr 50, a mini crotch rocket. the thing was insane to ride, so damn fast.
a buddy of mine just recently picked one up, near mint.

i was always partial to 2 stoke quads, my favorite being my old 89 honda 250r, bored to 289 w/ cr250 head gasket. that thing rocked.
the same guy that just got the ysr 50 also has my 250r.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

kaiser wrote:the pocket rocket was also known as the ysr 50, a mini crotch rocket. the thing was insane to ride, so damn fast.
a buddy of mine just recently picked one up, near mint.

i was always partial to 2 stoke quads, my favorite being my old 89 honda 250r, bored to 289 w/ cr250 head gasket. that thing rocked.
the same guy that just got the ysr 50 also has my 250r.
always loved 250r 86 an 87 were my fav steel swingarms and headlight on bars.. all in all every 250r was great and if i could pick any quad to get mint it would be a 250r..i already have a mint banshee 8) id say the 250r and banshee is a tie for best quad ever..

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Now for the best trike, that would be a ATC350X! 8)

BW 8) 8) BTW!
Attachments
atc350xs.jpg
atc350xs.jpg (36.03 KiB) Viewed 628 times
atc350xs.jpg
atc350xs.jpg (36.03 KiB) Viewed 628 times

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

slotcarrod wrote:Now for the best trike, that would be a ATC350X! 8)

BW 8) 8) BTW!
yea 350x is cool. really like the 2srokes 250rs .. 350x is nice but i think i like the simple, racy 86 200x. id really like to get a mint 82 atc185 or atc200 no shocks at all nothing to go wrong or rebuild atc110 always a fav too i had 2 of them. they dont even have a front brake. cool simple stuff..

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

longboardnj wrote:
slotcarrod wrote:Now for the best trike, that would be a ATC350X! 8)

BW 8) 8) BTW!
yea 350x is cool. really like the 2srokes 250rs .. 350x is nice but i think i like the simple, racy 86 200x. id really like to get a mint 82 atc185 or atc200 no shocks at all nothing to go wrong or rebuild atc110 always a fav too i had 2 of them. they dont even have a front brake. cool simple stuff..
Dude I had a ATC110 (the low range was sweet for crawling :lol: ) as well as a ATC185S, my last one was the 350x! Wish I still had that! :( I like the 250R but you just can't beat the reliable 4 stroke! I remember my Dad and I bought the 110 as a box of parts, the frame was cracked and the case must have hit a stone and damaged the oil bung, it was leaking. Got the frame welded and the hole in the case fixed and put it all together with no manual. I was proud because I was just a young punk teenager! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The 110 was one of the most fun bikes I ever had! We rode the wheels off that thing and still made money when I sold it! :lol:

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

yea tons of fun them 110s. i remember my buddy had a 110 that we put a kx80 front end on.. the thing looked like a chopper . when ever you hit the gas the front end was off the ground.. i did alot of little things to make my 110s better and more simple. i dont remember all of the tricks i got rid of mosty all the chain guard stuff ,got rid of the hand brake, took off the rear light,took off the add on mud flaps(no muddin for the 110s just fields streets and snow) and added fuel filters . i remember lookin at the 110 when i was done like wow theres really nothing to these..very cool

dldiaz
Approved Member

Post by dldiaz »

I had tons of fun on an ATC110 (a blue one) as a kid, and my dream 3-wheeler was the 200X (as mentioned above)...

YSR 50 - A kid in my neighborhood broke both his wrists on one of those, trying to get his knee down in the mall parking lot... We used to tease him about his Momma wiping his behind 'cause he had casts on both arms
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lastly, here's one of those 250R conversions:
[youtube]Xm4X9i8Mdgk[/youtube]
-dldiaz

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

That conversion 250R would be a fun toy to have! 8)

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

very cool vid if i find the cr500 one i will post later. man you had the blue 110 !! thats my dream trike. not a fan of red but i love the 110 so the blue is perfect for me just hard to find..

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

350x was cool but the 250r would smoke it. the scarriest ride of my life was on a worked atc250r. i think that was when i decided that 3 wheelers came from the devil. lol

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

That 250r conversion would be a blast on some sand dunes. 20 years ago I bought a Yamaha Tri-Z 250. It was crazy fast and fun to ride but dangerous as hell when you tipped it over. I about tore my name off in a couple of crashes. My brother broke his collar bone with it. I currently have a 350 Odyssey but havent done much with it than terrorize my neighborhood with it. It needs some brake work. I'm hoping to fix it this summer then get rid of it

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

350 Odyssey cool ride.. i always wanted the pilot 400. i hear you can put a cr500 head on the 400 an have a pilot 500.. as far as the 3 wheeler talk i almost got a tri z but i found out the guy put in a yz250 (powervalve)motor in it so i didnt get it .. im a big fan of nonpowervalve motors.... the chance of me getting a 85-86atc250r is getting very slim. the trx250r was the atv to have in the 90s. banshees were great for drag racing but the r was best on any track racing. people got the word that 85-86 atc250rs had a faster motor.. people were selling atcs cheap to get atvs and people that blew up trx250rs were buying 85-86 atc 250rs . using motor parts of this machine was sometimes cheaper too . since im on the honda atc rant i always liked the older air cooled atc 250r ,any fans ? not many people know this but honda had a 300 kit for it. years ago when i worked for a honda dealer i was on a hunt for a 84 atc250r to put a 300 kit in. i look back now and im glad i didnt do it it would of been alot of cash to make a death machine.. .............. [youtube]8VztZ47SEFo[/youtube]

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

my dad had a 250 oddessy, no suspension. a bumpy ride for sure.
the pilots were nice though.