Help with choosing a new vehicle

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: Help with choosing a new vehicle

Post by Mr. ED »

Or take a look at the MRC/academy new 2WD.
There's a tread (in the genral section i think) with links and pictures.

That would be a good shot for your budget and the folks here had plenty good comments.

The Axial scorpion, nah, I'd disagree: It's a crawler and the rocks in your garden aren't that big :)
Point is , it crawls, you'd get bored from lack of speed.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Mr. ED wrote:The Axial scorpion, nah, I'd disagree: It's a crawler and the rocks in your garden aren't that big :)
Point is , it crawls, you'd get bored from lack of speed.
This brings up an important point (combining with Mel's ), and that is performance. If you're used to speed and good handling performance, you're probably going to want to stick with vehicles similar to what you have and know. Drastic changes from a high performance rig to a low performance one will give you an ill opinion of the new rig, whether it's justified or not. As a for instance, a stock clod is slow and has poor handling. They can be made quite agile, after you double their price in upgrades. They are an excellent truck, but to go from a race rig to a slow and sloppy rig without that understanding that can have bad results.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

Thanks Melvin and Jk. I am definatly leaning towards the associated product. Two of my trucks have the 1/4 axles and the other one has the 3/16. I thought about getting the T4 off AE direstly but then I saw they had the refurbished RTR for 190. I had a dog emergency come up yesterday and that blew my savings for it but I'll start again. I wanted to make sure what I wanted before I spent it anyway. Thanks for all your inputs. So now the next question, does the B4 jump or should I say can it handle big jumps like the T4 and trucks can?? might get me one of each the boy now wants a buggy. Good thing I have until christmas to save for that. He has already wrote a letter to santa about it. ugh!!

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Buggies jump just as well as trucks. Ground clearance is not as good, and if your used to truck steering, buggies can be a difficult. A bit more finesse is needed versus the point and shoot that most trucks are. I've jumped my buggies much further/harder than I have my truck.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

That new 2WD academy got a bunch of adapters/axles to make it work with other cars wheels: front and back.
Should be in store long before X-mas.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

ETA on the GV2 is a couple weeks. The rear hex drives can be removed to use Losi/Proline rear buggy wheels, and they include an extra set of front axles to use B4 front rims. Car looks good, and Academy has stepped up the quality of their parts. I would look seriously at it, but I am very happy with the Kyosho RB5.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com