knockkng off cobwebs

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slvrback
Approved Member

knockkng off cobwebs

Post by slvrback »

Hey everyone.
Im new to the site. I'm an old school Rc junky from back in the old days.. my 1st truck I bought was an origanal rc10t n fell in love w the sport. Soon after I bougt another 10t but that one was a green tub.. ended up raceing at a place called THE GRAND OVAL in NJ.. I believe it was in a town called Delsea? ? Fast forward 20 years n my sons are showing a interest in the sport. Ive duty out both my cars had one running this past weekend. They are both upgraded w graphite shock towers n titanium turnbuckles.. not to bad for back some 20years..
I even still have my Futaba Magnum PCM. It has power but think either the crystals or reciecer is damaged.. both sons are wanting to get envolved and nit sure what direction to go.
Any suggestions on current upgrade for my trucks . Go brushless or upgrade Nimh batteries and the appropriate gear??

Thanks ....

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Re: knockkng off cobwebs

Post by knucklebuster »

welcome to the board.

My two cents... run the old radio gear if you can get it to work properly without a great expense. Skip the nimh, go for lipo. I have seen a few mega online hobby stores with 5000mah 20+c lipos for as low as $25-30. I made the mistake of purchasing nimh when I re-entered the hobby a few years ago. You will be happy with the nimh improvement over nicd. Your jaw will drop with lipo. Lighter, faster, longer run time, same cost.