Just got this in the mail

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Orange
Approved Member

Re: Just got this in the mail

Post by Orange »

Thats cool! Too bad they didn't sign it in places that wouldn't be hidden by battery cups if you built a car out of it.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

farmer wrote:
Halgar wrote:So is that going to be your runner/basher chassis? :wink: :mrgreen:
lol do you think the members here would cringe if i did
im ganna try to get some more autographs from a few people
i wonder if i could hunt masami down :wink:
And THEN you're gonna make it a runner/basher, right? :wink: :mrgreen:

In answer to your question, not only would most of these guys cringe, you would be hunted my mobs of angry villagers with torches and pitchforks! :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

EvolutionRevolution wrote:Be careful with solvents and RC cleaning sprays near that chassis. Some waterproof markers are alcohol based and will wash right off.
X2 on that. I have a guitar that i had signed by one of my all time favorite shredders Mr. DIMEBAG Darrel himself. I took it to the shop i was working at and was gonna clear coat over it. Well while prepping it the signature came clean off :x . I packed up the guitar and stowed it away.I can barely look at the thing without weeping :cry: . RIP DIME

Nice tub,that is agreat addition to any collection. :mrgreen:
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

Kayne wrote:
EvolutionRevolution wrote:Be careful with solvents and RC cleaning sprays near that chassis. Some waterproof markers are alcohol based and will wash right off.
X2 on that. I have a guitar that i had signed by one of my all time favorite shredders Mr. DIMEBAG Darrel himself. I took it to the shop i was working at and was gonna clear coat over it. Well while prepping it the signature came clean off :x . I packed up the guitar and stowed it away.I can barely look at the thing without weeping :cry: . RIP DIME

i'm feeling for ya man, would have added some big value to your guitar and something to cherish till the end of time. i won a U.S fender strat whilst back in school with mark knofler signature, my mother sold it :cry: :cry:

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

Nope never will be a runner ,will try to get some more autographs and such ,one day when im long gone my son or daughter can sell at a yard sale for a $1.50 are something :cry: along with all my other collections from hotwheels to slot cars to comic books,lol
farmer
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Don't even get me started on the value of old comic books. :cry: :lol:

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

GJW wrote:
Kayne wrote:

i'm feeling for ya man, would have added some big value to your guitar and something to cherish till the end of time. i won a U.S fender strat whilst back in school with mark knofler signature, my mother sold it :cry: :cry:
Generally, it is possible to seal the autograph, but carefully research what you must use to seal it, some spray cans use foul stuff in their ingredients.
Worst I've ever had is a model kit body that melted when I used 1:1 scale plastic wheel cover spray to paint it.

The only signed item I own is a signed record cover (for some obscure animation series).

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

For me, somebody's John Hancock scribble on an item is meaningless and valueless. If I met one of my heroes (I don't really have heroes, actually...just people whose accomplishments I respect), I'd rather offer to buy them a few drinks and be able to sit down and chat with them for a bit. That memory would be a lot more meaningful to me than a squiggle of ink. But that's just me. 8)

I think for most people who collect autographs, the goal is more about showing off the autographs to others as some kind of proof of meeting someone famous than it is about having had the chance to meet them and have a conversation with them.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

Coelacanth wrote:For me, somebody's John Hancock scribble on an item is meaningless and valueless. If I met one of my heroes (I don't really have heroes, actually...just people whose accomplishments I respect), I'd rather offer to buy them a few drinks and be able to sit down and chat with them for a bit. That memory would be a lot more meaningful to me than a squiggle of ink. But that's just me. 8)

I think for most people who collect autographs, the goal is more about showing off the autographs to others as some kind of proof of meeting someone famous than it is about having had the chance to meet them and have a conversation with them.
thats cool we all have our opinion, the autographs were in no way for monotary gain more of a reminder of a really cool experiance meeting someone, you may have only one chance in a life time to meet. And will always remember everytime i look at it what happened that day when i got there autograph. No i'em not a autograph hound are anything i just thought what a cool thing to do with a mint goldpan than have some pretty cool people that are involved in the history of associated and winning with the associated brand sign it. Maybe its a USA thing lol i dont know, but $h!t ya i would love to sit down and throw back some beers with talk with Lett, Gene an Ryan and like i said some day my son are daughter wil probably sell it for a $1.50 at some yard sale when im gone
farmer
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

The only thing I've ever had signed in my life was a BoLink car. I just had it done for that extra cool factor which I get every time I look at it. :)

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Thats cool.

My first year at RCX, I took my original RC10 manual in the hopes that the Greats would be there.

Link to my post:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2825&p=25240#p25240

I wouldn't mind adding Cliff Lett to my collection. My friend is now an Engineer at AE, so it probably wouldn't take much to mail it down. Now looking at it, its even more special since Mike Reedy has passed.

MOmo