JRX-T Rebirth and Running after 22+ Years

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MrBeno
Approved Member

JRX-T Rebirth and Running after 22+ Years

Post by MrBeno »

Not sure where to post this but here we go. Getting ready to run my JRX-T finaly after a long 22+ years of sitting. This is the first start. My Kyosho Maxxum kindly agreed to share it's heart and soul to see the Legend run after a small gear issue which will be fixed soon (you will see that in the video). But check out the video, nothing special but just me receiving my new NimH 3800 7.2 volt battery and charger in the mail today and testing out 2 vintage legends. The battery may not be the best but oh well. :lol:

More footage is to come once I run him outdoors over the next few days. This is just about starting up the JRX again for the first time and will make a complete video. Also I am bringing my tripod to film this time and special thanks once again to JKracing foir sending me the whit belcrank. :D

[youtube]NQJtiM63RQY[/youtube]

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: JRX-T Rebirth and Running after 22+ Years

Post by Coelacanth »

Wow, I fast-forwarded through 7+ minutes of video and no driving?? :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

MrBeno
Approved Member

Re: JRX-T Rebirth and Running after 22+ Years

Post by MrBeno »

I am trying to keep the running of my JRXT in one thread with seperate Youtube videos.

Here is the first attempt on the pavement (I was being cautious of those naturals). It is not much but just trial and error footage and mere testing. The one thing I need and will be getting soon is a new 2.4 Ghz controller and I probably think I need a soldering iron and clips to connected the engine to the esc. The only thing new is the 3800 MAH Nihma and running the Vintage Red Bell Lemans Highspeed Pro motor with a Novak T1-X.

Hopefully in week I will have the new controller, I still can't find my old trusty Magnums Jr.s, except for the Magnum sport but it is missing the battery cage part that goes in the handgrip. Also I was being very careful with the steering & Throttle because both channels were reversed and I was afraid the transmitter would lose control like it did before with my other car last year.

Enjoy it for what it is worth, and soon enough I will have it running strong again. I also put on my spare Ford shell for it because the Jrxt is missing the rear body mount to mount the original, I think I have it somewhere though. (And I used paperclips to hold on the body) :D

[youtube]Y2JpNjbdfT0&feature[/youtube]